She ate some bacon and butter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Tourmaline is a he. Not very good. He has some rare disease that his chances are very low. I can opt for ultrasound and blood transfusion or have him put down. I opted for the treatment as someone from STLFCO will help fund. I was told the same thing years ago about Pepper and chose for the treatment. I'm glad I did because she spent 15 more happy and healthy years with me. I just feel if there's a chance I'll do it but really need the prayers badly. I'm about through with all of this and on top of this I have to move out by May 1st :(

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, sorry to hear! Hopefully he can beat those odds. Did they say what was wrong?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Copying and pasting from text:

There are a few things that might be suspect. If it’s autoimmune he can likely live with it. If it’s this blood parasite it’s fatal. If it’s infectious then also low chance of survival

Although she did say sometimes when it “comes out of nowhere” it can be the autoimmune I’m holding up hope but I’m not sure anymore

pray pray pray

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
How can this look like he won’t make it. I hope this is a good hospital.

He trusted me so much. And I can’t even be with him regardless of what happens. This can’t be happening. 😢😢😢😢😢
B2EC0F47-0668-4884-90B5-E1D7DA471760.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not hearing back. Friend must have fell asleep. 😢

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Why am I not hearing? Must be horrible news to not tell me. 😢

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They probably have a small staff to observe, but only make calls during business hours, I'd assume.

Hope he's doing okay.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I do too. I have enough going right now with having to move. At least until my cousin and I can do something about Mom. And the friend who took him in is asleep so I'm really in a state of panic.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I do too. I have enough going right now with having to move. At least until my cousin and I can do something about Mom. And the friend who took him in is asleep so I'm really in a state of panic.
Is this the same vet that did transfusions on Treasure and Cooper after they fought? I've never had a cat that needed a transfusion yet; it's not common. Do you know what the issue is?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this the same vet that did transfusions on Treasure and Cooper after they fought? I've never had a cat that needed a transfusion yet; it's not common. Do you know what the issue is?
I do hope this was good news or a good sign. Anyone know:

this was at the 24 hour emergency. We originally had him taken to APA clinic and was told at first a total kidney failure. So my friend took him to a 24 hour emergency on Big Bend in St Louis and they did some kind of testing. After that they said that he had a very low survival rate but it would take extensive treatment or euthanasia. I chose treatment as back in 1994 I had same issue with my cat Pepper who was a lot worse. Had I went with the vets suggestion of putting her down I would have lost 15 more years with her, her being happy and healthy. So they finally took Tourmaline to VSS but his blood count was down, which is why they needed the blood transfusion. Anyway my friend just texted me with this:

Hey

Sanya sent Today at 7:27 AM
They called me with an update

He’s not out of the woods yet but his blood counts are up post transfusion and they’re going to do an abdominal ultrasound next

He even ate this morning!

He’s still very critical but this is good news

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
His red blood count is 22. Ate on his own two times today. Still being monitored. Still concerned though. Vets are in but refusing to let us know and our names are on the authorized list to tell. I am absolutely terrified now.

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Ugh! Your's is the first thread that I checked, hoping for an encouraging update. They say no news is good news so let's hope and pray that is true. His eating shows a strong will to live and our prayers and vibes are with kitty all the way
:vibes::vibes::vibes:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
He ate several times yesterday. Drank and used litter box. They brought his fever back down to 102° and he may have anemia. They are still waiting on tests of blood work for parasites which is 50/50.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
At least with anemia it's treatable with medication. I've not only been praying to all the gods of all the religions but also been doing proxy healing meditations for him with Kelly Howell's guided meditations.

Last edited: