She ate some bacon and butter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I will. Now to see what I can do for myself or I'll be no good to any of these cats. I'm trying to get a hold of my friend but she's at work.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Watching her on cam she's sleeping. My friend will watch her tonight when she gets off work. I may, as hard as it is, relinquish her to my friend, considering I'll still be able to see her. At least until I get myself taken care of. I'm so horrible I can't even be with her right now. She probably feels so abandoned at this moment. I get no comfort from anyone, as most don't understand.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Pulled muscle and torn ligament/me. So far Tourmaline is holding her own. She did get up to go in direction of food, water and/or litter box. Stupid me forgot to give the pan cam to my friend so I could rotate it to where she was going. GGGGRRRR. My friend gets off work in an hour so she'll be getting the unflavored pedialyte and be taking Tourmaline to the vet ASAP.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s much worse. And I can’t even be with her. I’m a horrible person. 😢

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand St Louis. None of the 24 hour animal clinics will take her. This is horrible. What are we going to do? And yes APA is one of them that I called. I get no help or advice anywhere about any situation. :(

Anyway this was 5 hours ago. It actually looks like she's injured although a vet (if one will take her :( ) will know more.

View media item 423971

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely have to care for the caregiver!
We are still trying to find a vet to take her. I feel so bad and so guilty for not even being with her. I don't know how much cats understand that their humans also are sick and in pain. We did get some pedialyte and water in her through an eye dropper (or rather my friend did). And she did use the litter box for both types of business. She was fine when she ate this bacon and the butter. In fact she even trotted next door after drinking her water, although she didn't eat. Sadly I had to let her out before Mom started screaming. So what happened must have been after she took off and I didn't notice until we woke up yesterday morning.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, maybe an ear infection? The way she shakes her head makes me think so. And she seems to be dizzy or something, doesn't look injured or ill, it's just too hard to stand up.

(I'm also gonna say that I think she's a neutered he, just based on head shape, so let's see what the vet says about that. But that's not important, I just wanted to get my bets in ;)).

I hope your friend can find a clinic that can get Tourmaline in today!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, maybe an ear infection? The way she shakes her head makes me think so. And she seems to be dizzy or something, doesn't look injured or ill, it's just too hard to stand up.

(I'm also gonna say that I think she's a neutered he, just based on head shape, so let's see what the vet says about that. But that's not important, I just wanted to get my bets in ;)).

I hope your friend can find a clinic that can get Tourmaline in today!
Thank you. We did watch as Tourmaline ate some litter. And the corners of the eyes are white. Thanks for that btw. I'm sure the vet will come through for us. And yea, most likely is a he. Well Treasure was a girl too until I got a good look haha, but you're right. Most important is that Tourmaline is well.
Also, would an inner ear infection cause Tourmaline to lose interest in eating and drinking?

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope and pray that you either find a vet fast or she recovers on her own. Cats definitely know when we don't feel well and with their outstanding abilities to detect and recognize so many various scents, they often know what's wrong. That said, some cats offer cosy companionship, some prefer to stay away and others get insecure and demanding of reassurance. Thank you for the latest.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
They say he has a 1% change of survival. But why would he go through all he did over the winter to just die now? And Pepper was much worse then he was: given the same odds and pulled through and spent 15 more years with me.