She ate some bacon and butter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Still no update since last night. They usually update by now so now I'm absolutely terrified that something is wrong. I'm on pins and needles of his progress although they did say if anything goes south they would contact us. Still the radio silence is un nerving. I'm trying to make money to cover the bills but can't even concentrate with all that's going on. I can't shake the feeling that all of this could have been prevented had I not been so selfish wanting to keep him here, even if the first 10 months were outdoors. When will I learn to start doing what is right for them instead of being so stubborn wanting to keep them here? The guilt along with the worry is killing me. And he trusted me. :(

Last edited:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like he’s doing much better and there Are possible treatments. He’s lucky you pushed for all this great care!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like he’s doing much better and there Are possible treatments. He’s lucky you pushed for all this great care!
The dr called and said his liver did look odd on the ultrasound, so they want to biopsy the liver.

So looks like relapse. I'm crying and getting no help. Can this be fatal? Why did I have to be so selfish and keep him. Why?

Please please please, is this fatal?

Please can't someone tell me if fatal? Vets are refusing to answer. No one can see how much I'm in grief over this.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear that, but you know if it's liver cancer, nothing you did caused it. Cancer unfortunately just happens.
I know that it is unavoidable in some cats but because of the wild woman here (as my cousin refers to her) I couldn't even take him to ER. His last image was of my friend Sanya. We're still holding out hope that the biopsy shows something different but the prognosis so far isn't good.

The look of the cat who place his trust in me. :(

a4604794b356e021717f4144fddac4bb.jpg

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Update: First of all all test results came in. He is eating like a champ, he's well, the odd thing on ultrasound was no concern. He's totally healed. Sanya is bringing him home tonight. OMG: I spent 72 hours doing proxy healings for him and it worked. With the medical help he got, he went from a 1% survival rate to 100% survival rate in 72 hours. I am very happy. And thank you for the prayers. :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awesome!
I'm so happy. I'm actually shocked that the proxy healing I did worked. And so fast. But at the same time I never heard of releasing a patient, human or animal so quickly without a bit more observation. Does anyone know about the VSS animal hospital in Manchester, MO? I'm happy he's going back home but at the same time I'm still a bit leery and wish they would have kept him a bit longer in case of a relapse. I know I'm letting doubt step in but with a life I believe in being optimistic cautious. I dunno. Just me

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm trying to make money to cover the bills but can't even concentrate with all that's going on.
You said before I opted for the treatment as someone from STLFCO will help fund.
Is that not happening?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Phew! I read it correctly, then! I almost had guilt for instantly thinking that "the bills" meant living costs instead immediately realizing it could mean veterinary costs.
? Sorry I'm confused. The money I'm trying to earn is not for veterinary costs. The money I am trying to earn is to pay bills like my mobile phone, to Mom and internet like I've been doing for 10 years. So yea it is living costs for me. St. Louis Feral Cat Outreach found someone from Shelter Friends of St. Charles MO who is paying the bills for Tourmaline's at APA and then VSS, as well as taking to Sanya's regular vet that she takes her other two cats. Tourmaline is no longer living with me. However I was not able to concentrate on doing the surveys because at the time I made above post He was still in very critical condition and I was ridden with guilt that had I have tried to home him a year ago when he showed up he may have had something that was treatable. And it still can be. The vets at VSS seem to not know much of what is wrong.

The post I made about the bills was not in any way related to the situation going on with my Mom that I also posted about at the same time, if that is what was worrying you. Again sorry my mind was on Tourmaline at the moment as I was a wreck. He's getting lots of love right now.

He gets his blood work this morning 8am central and takes his medicine like a champ. But as usual with me I spoke too soon and he threw up the meds this morning as soon I said he was taking them like a champ. Thankfully it happened an hour before his vet visit so I do hope they figure out what is going on with him. He really loves Sanya so maybe he came to me knowing that he will find a hoe with her. I miss him but he's thriving now. Better then sleeping in front of closed doors and being she and I are friends I'll still see him.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Update on Tourmaline:

Well he's eating well, drinking well, using litter box and is finally acting like a cat; meaning jumping up on stuff, vocalizing very loudly his displeasure with having to stay in the bathroom til he's fully recovered per vet orders, knocking stuff over, stalking invisible prey and so on. All the things that he hasn't done since he came to me. And while Sanya is not used to him acting so erratic, I think this is a good sign that he's finally acting like a normal happy cat even if he is knocking stuff over and loudly protesting.