Sharing the litter box

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My girls are getting me a little bit crazy.

When I only had Delilah, I had 1 scoopfree automatic litterbox in my bathroom, no issues. When I decided to adopt a 2nd cat, I invested and got a 2nd scoopfree for the living room. It was fine when the girls were separated... but now that Fancy, the new cat, is out and about in the apartment they both keep primarily using the same litterbox. And of course it's the one in the living room. One of the nice things is that the scoopfree is that it counts how many times they use the litterbox and it's a 2 to 1 usage of the living room litterbox to the bathroom one. The living room one is getting full twice as fast so instead of a tray being changed every 3 weeks it's practically needing to be changed every week (for those who don't know, the scoopfree has a cardboard box with crystal litter while the "rake unit" sits on top and rakes the solid waste into the chamber after use).

I'm stumped... and of course frustrated that the one in the living room is the one that gets more use.

Should I just go ahead and move the other litterbox into the living room so maybe the usage will be more even? I don't know what to do right now. I'm in an apartment with a lack of plugs, and the litterbox has to be plugged in, so my locations are limited.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats go where I am so my bedroom and living room,mostly because I'm mostly there. So yes move a other to the bed room or buy a storage bin. Mines almost 30 inches long from the container store.