Share your wall shelves

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello!
Im looking for ideas on how I can deck my walls!! Im wanting to do wall mounted shelves, steps, hammocks, sisal wall climbers.. I don’t even know what I want really I have no idea where to start. Can y’all share some photos of the set ups y’all have and where you purchased them? Possibly include info of how easy it was to install and if you feel it is very sturdy? My cats are BIG. Two are maine coon mimics 12# and 15# and one 8#.
Thank you.

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's the current state of play. I bought these on Etsy from a lovely seller in Ukraine (hope they're doing ok; they still appear to be operating: CatsMoodcom - Etsy).

20210203_110311.jpg

I simultaneously added an unobtrusive shelf over my pantry door.

20210204_170129.jpg

Together with existing cabinets and the half-wall in my loft, this addition allowed Juno to traverse the whole room without touching the floor.

20210204_101442.jpg

I love it. For me, wall fixtures are both more space efficient for apartment living and more aesthetically pleasing than typical cat trees. Because I could afford it, I did spend a little more to get shelves I thought could double for art.

Next up, there's a wall in the loft that may need some shelves/bridges/hammocks. . . . Maybe I'll get some ideas on this thread!

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very nice! Wish I didn't live in an apt
Some days, I wish I didn't live in a condo, but after a lifetime of renting, I am really grateful that I* can now put molly bolts into the wall with reckless abandon.

* In fairness, I didn't hang these shelves myself. I was so afraid of messing up my walls or installing them incorrectly and hurting Juno that I paid a guy on Task Rabbit to do it).

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the current state of play. I bought these on Etsy from a lovely seller in Ukraine (hope they're doing ok; they still appear to be operating: CatsMoodcom - Etsy).

View attachment 442596

View attachment 442599

Together with existing cabinets and the half-wall in my loft, this addition allowed Juno to traverse the whole room without touching the floor.

View attachment 442598

I love it. For me, wall fixtures are both more space efficient for apartment living and more aesthetically pleasing than typical cat trees. Because I could afford it, I did spend a little more to get shelves I thought could double for art.

Next up, there's a wall in the loft that may need some shelves/bridges/hammocks. . . . Maybe I'll get some ideas on this thread!
This looks awesome!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

View attachment 442596

View attachment 442599

View attachment 442598

This is awesome, I love it!! Perfect arrangement for kitty to make way across and it doesn’t look like just shelves on the wall..
great job with this!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’d never get permission to put shelves up here (and don’t know how sturdy the partition walls are), dammit. But Daisy makes use of the existing kitchen shelves …

View attachment 442608
I have zero shelves anywhere in the house currently. This makes me think.. for years in past houses and still currently in the new house I’ve blocked off access above the kitchen cabinets. in this house i have no decor up top.. maybe I should let them up there.