Share Your Indoor Plant Pictures

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My watermelon pepperomia was wilting recently but the soil seemed moist an inch down. I watered it anyways and the plant perked up in a few hours. The Tenelli succulent has a few brown spots on the leaves. Sun scorch maybe even though I have the plant cart positioned near the window where it gets indirect light. I might have to move the cart further back from the window. The Frizzle Sizzle one is interesting. Sometimes all the leaves are wilted and flopped over. It perks up after it is watered. I'm using Bonsai Jack mix and run water over the pot for a few minutes in the sink weekly. I'm not sure why the plant is so thirsty :think:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like a new root on the orchid. Orchid roots kind of go where they want. After flowering there is usually a stage of developing new roots and leaves. Leaves usually show up on the top of the existing leaves and the bottom leaves die and fall off eventually.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
nurseangel nurseangel I was literally just thinking about you! :D.

Well, not an indoor plant, but we have a tumbleweed growing in our back yard. I didn't know what it was at first so I let it go so I could see what it turned into, but now the thing is practically growing by a foot overnight! It's headed for the trashcan, I just don't have that kind of space for a monster like this lol

Last edited:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
nurseangel nurseangel I was literally just thinking about you! :D.

Well, not an indoor plant, but we have a tumbleweed growing in our back yard. I didn't know what it was at first so I let it go so I could see what it turned e, but now the thing is practically growing by a foot overnight! It's headed for the trashcan, I just don't have that kind of space for a monster like this lol
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not throw the tumbleweed away! I've always wanted one of them! And a prarie dog, if it's not too much trouble.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL
The p dog says he can't leave, he's watching over his neighbor's burrow that has some burrowing owls using it :thumbsup:

Another outside plant, --I have my first red sunflower that opened today 😊

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Frizzle Sizzle plant is coming out of dormancy :jive: I'm looking forward to seeing the long curly leaves .

20221014_072005[1].jpg

The mini AV has started blooming again after nearly a year of no blooms. Not sure what happened. The only thing I changed was take out the decorative metal plant stake. The Bear's Paw next to the mini AV is doing well.

20221014_072010_HDR[1].jpg

How is everyone's plants doing?

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are a few of mine (sorry if I had posted these before- I can’t recall if I had). Stephanotis summering outside ( inside now that it is colder). Bougainvillea before I brought it back inside.
775B7E0F-78C8-49B0-83F9-64C05179166B.jpeg
Next are a few that came in when it got colder. Norfolk Island Pine, jasmine, Stephanotis, bougainvillea, a different type of jasmine and a hibiscus tree. There are many smaller ones and some not so small that I didn’t include, such as my olive tree and mandevilla.
79385D82-8ABC-4688-92F8-A192FDC20F23.jpeg
4460F3C3-B1BD-4930-ACBD-12B1E613D593.jpeg

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Frizzle isn't doing so well. Its fronds are way too long and flop over. I moved it to get more sunlight, and the cats were able to jump up and chew on the leaves. So it's out of sight for now.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a new thread for me. 😊
My place does not grt a lot of light, so its hard. Lots of trees out bk, so I don't get a long of sun through, which I hate. I have a snake plant on the harth,& it was doing great for a ling time, then slowly, one by one, stalks started flopping over, & seemed wet at the base, despite me not watering much, only once a month, as recommended. Only thing I can think of is water got down in the stalks & stayed. Im down to 3 stalks now. I want to get another one & try again.
(Oh, & 2 bamboo on the mantle that started out great, but have also lost some. Same only watering about once a month now, was doing ev 2 wks, but think was to much.)
I went to Lowes last Sat. & they only had large expensive ones, ($40!) Or smaller ones in decorative pots, which I didn't need & want to pay for. So ended up coming home w/ a couple of little lemon button ferns. They're so cute, hadn't heard thst name before. Says medium light, so we'll see how they do. I've got them on top of the entertainment center. I hope they do well, I really like them!
IMG_20221015_124511834.jpg
IMG_20221015_124442642.jpg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Frizzle isn't doing so well. Its fronds are way too long and flop over. I moved it to get more sunlight, and the cats were able to jump up and chew on the leaves. So it's out of sight for now.

That happened to my Frizzle Sizzle too and then the leaves died and the plant went dormant for the warmer months. Indirect bright sunlight is best. I found this helpful: How to Grow and Care for Albuca Spiralis Frizzle Sizzle Plant

I need to replace a few of my work plants with next year's desk personalization money. The Pilea in my cat pot isn't doing great. Instead of being perky and upright like this, it's flat across the top of the pot and not really producing leaves and doesn't have many leaves anyways. The chocolate teddy bear succulent has lost leaves so I'm not too hopeful that will survive much longer. I may move the rescued Jade succulent home and replace it with something new. Same with the mini orchid if that doesn't bloom again. The Pothos is growing like a weed. That needs to be trimmed down.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That happened to my Frizzle Sizzle too and then the leaves died and the plant went dormant for the warmer months. Indirect bright sunlight is best. I found this helpful: How to Grow and Care for Albuca Spiralis Frizzle Sizzle Plant

I need to replace a few of my work plants with next year's desk personalization money. The Pilea in my cat pot isn't doing great. Instead of being perky and upright like this, it's flat across the top of the pot and not really producing leaves and doesn't have many leaves anyways. The chocolate teddy bear succulent has lost leaves so I'm not too hopeful that will survive much longer. I may move the rescued Jade succulent home and replace it with something new. Same with the mini orchid if that doesn't bloom again. The Pothos is growing like a weed. That needs to be trimmed down.
I will read that. My Frizzle is already in a good indirect sunny spot, so I will wait it out.