Share Your Indoor Plant Pictures

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh those cat planters are adorable! Aldi has some succulents in "seasonal" pots but no kitties. I wish we had a Trader Joe's here.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My plants were just brought in this week and moved the last plants yesterday to their winter spot. Someone suggested these Blarina lights and much more cost effective than the clip light I bought last year and should also be stronger. Most of my summer outdoor plants fit on these two shelves.

PXL_20211026_132112497.jpg
PXL_20211026_132129957.jpg

And the biggest is over by my haworthias and lithops.
PXL_20211026_132159577.jpg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
betsygee betsygee soooo pretty! I love planters that look like heads. I finally got one last holidays and had fun picking out what plant to put in it. My personal favorite is plants that look like a hair style :p

What type of plants are those?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What kind of plant is in the Kitty Boo planter? The skull planters look like they have kalanchoe plants.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well 😤 Trader Joe's did not have any Kitty Boo planters. There were three skull planters with sad shriveled half dead succulents.The plant section in general wasn't very good either.

Rubber plant maybe?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My plants were just brought in this week and moved the last plants yesterday to their winter spot.
Yep, just brought all of my outdoor plants in and set everything up near the windows for winter too. Those lights look good. I love your set up.
A friend brought me three TJ's planters last week because she knows I love Day of the Dead.
Those are so cool!

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, just brought all of my outdoor plants in and set everything up near the windows for winter too. Those lights look good. I love your set up.
Nice! That's convenient you had room near a window for your plants. Thanks!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need plant suggestions for my new desk space at work 🌱 I've already taken my cat planter with the mini Pilea to work. I want to add a few more.

Lighting - indirect but not very bright .My desk faces the windows but I have cubicle walls which limit light. There are skylights but my desk isn't situated under one.

Temp - typical office around 70F or so. Kind of drafty with the HVAC vents and like a 50 foot ceiling (space used to be an indoor mall!)

So I guess low light tolerant and cold tolerant plants would work best. And something not too big or requires a lot of care. There are lots of other plants on other people's desk. I've seen snake plants and philodendron and pothos.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well 😤 Trader Joe's did not have any Kitty Boo planters. There were three skull planters with sad shriveled half dead succulents.The plant section in general wasn't very good either.

Rubber plant maybe?

Rubber plant for sure aka Ficus elastica. Great house plan and also has colorful varieties.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I guess low light tolerant and cold tolerant plants would work best. And something not too big or requires a lot of care. There are lots of other plants on other people's desk. I've seen snake plants and philodendron and pothos.
I'm only familiar with succulents, and can recommend Haworthias for being low light (fine with just a window) and are slower growing. Just make sure the soil is more well-draining with more grit that how other succulents like it. :) Hopefully others have other suggestions, if you are looking for non-succulent options.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So I guess my desk area does get a bit of brief light from the skylights, which will obviously vary depending on the season and weather. Just before 10am:

20211103_094328[1].jpg

About 2:30pm:

20211103_143539_HDR[1].jpg

Definitely don't get any direct light from the north facing windows in front of my desk, no thanks to the cubicle walls. Bird's eye view:
20211103_082859[1].jpg

I'm looking at hanging baskets / shelves and such for cubicle walls / balcony railings. That gives me a bit more options if I can elevate a plant over the cubicle wall a bit. Probably wouldn't hang something on the outside wall in the aisle because the aisle is kind of narrow. I suppose I can plug in a small grow lamp but I don't know if that would bother people nearby. There's a partial cubicle wall to the right of my desk.

Maybe a little terrarium? Or moss balls (I know, not a plant)?

I'll have to take a trip to the gardening center and see what is available. There's probably not too much this time of year.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I moved my Pilea to the top intersection of the cubicle walls so it can get some light from the windows. I stuck the cat pot on with museum putty.

20211112_072806.jpg

Still looking for small plant ideas to sit on my desk :)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I moved my Pilea to the top intersection of the cubicle walls so it can get some light from the windows. I stuck the cat pot on with museum putty.

View attachment 401275

Still looking for small plant ideas to sit on my desk :)
Oh, that looks great! :clap:

The ones I was given last month are still blooming. Such pretty little plants.

IMG_1608.jpeg

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 I had a couple spider plants at work. A pothos. African violets. Spiders do well in office environments. We worked in cubes and we kept the overhead lights off because they were so glaring. I had desk lights in my cube and a long florescent light attached to my credenza that I NEVER turned off. That light was on 24/7 for the plants.

Thanks to you guys, I now know that what I have is a Thanksgiving cactus. Here is the momma and her baby cactus. Both are blooming.

Momma Cactus is between 60 and 70 years old. It belonged to my grandmother, who gave it to my mother, who gave it to me. It bloomed profusely at work bc it was in a south-facing humongous window. I brought it home when I retired and, last year, it did nothing. This year, it did get some blooms. although nothing like it got at work. In 2020, I put it on the deck for the summer and brought it inside when it stormed. No blooms. This year, I kept it in the WeShed all summer. And it got a few blooms. Go figure. I do feed my flowering plants with a good flowering food, so maybe that helps.

Ironically, the WeShed gets more sun in the wintertime, because all the leaves are gone from the trees. And the sun is lower, so it shines right in the windows. Momma cactus is at a west window.

LargeCactus.jpg

A close-up of Momma Cactus. There's a violet there, too. It's just starting to bloom again. Last month, I had taken all the flowers off, gave it a bit of a respite, and then started feeding it again.

LargeCactusClose.jpg

Baby cactus is a blooming idiot! It must like it there! West window.

BabyCactus.jpg

More violets, just starting to start blooming again. They're all the same color because they're all babies from the mama plant. Usually, they live up in the transom window above the door, but I brought them down to water them. They seem to like living up above the door.

Violets.jpg

Pothos that I had at work. It's probably close to 13 years old now.

Pothos.jpg

Umbrella tree and a prayer plant. When I left work two years ago, one of the maintenance guys gave me a piece of umbrella tree left when she trimmed the tree out in the lobby. It was about 1-1/2 feet tall. I brought it home and threw it in a pot. About six months before that, my prayer plant had died, so I brought the planter home and put it in the basement. Well, it still had soil, so I freshened the soil up a bit, stuck the umbrella tree piece in the pot, and took it out to the WeShed. And about a month later, there were these "things" sticking up out of the pot. The prayer plant came back! It's living with the umbrella tree and they must like each other because they do well together. At a north-facing window.

Umbrella .jpg

UmbrellaPrayerPlant.jpg

Also from work (well, all my plants are from work), I'm not sure what this is. A corn plant? Dracena? It came in a planter that Mom gave me for my 30th anniversary, so it's 20 years old. It was just a little thing, but as it grew, I kept transplanting it. When I brought it home when I retired, I put it into this planter, and the thing went crazy. It's almost as tall as I am.

CornPlant.jpg