Share Your Indoor Plant Pictures

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Updates on the lithops!! 2/3 should be done, but #3 just started splitting. Very excited, butt seems I should wait for #3 to finish splitting because you are not supposed to repot until they are done. And I'd need to remove all three when repotting them. The left one may be lost as it is in need of water, but cannot water until all are done splitting. If 2/3 or even 1/3 survive, I'll be happy!

Brains is slowly but surely doing is thing, too! I keep thinking it got stuck in the process, but checked it against previous pictures and the outer layer looks baggier and more flimsy. Seems it is still progressing and making progress in splitting and absorbing outer layer. Have hope it will make it.

PXL_20210506_122815422.MP.jpg
PXL_20210506_122811828.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if being in the cooler section also helps since it look like it was in a refrigeration case.

It was in the refrigerated case with the packaged salads and other items.

I'm trying to keep the pot wedged between the slider door and the outer screen door so it can get fresh air and sun and rain. I have a faux Juliette balcony :rolleyes: I think my bedroom is too warm so that's why the first pot wilted pretty fast.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lithops updates!!! Making progress.

PXL_20210516_122301709.jpg
PXL_20210516_122312710.jpg

Panda propagating that a friend gave me. Funny story: the Thanksgiving cactus cutting she gave me is not happy... kept putting off potting it as I kept forgetting but knows my friend said they are hard to kill. Noticed it was paper thin one day and tried to water propagate it, but no reviving it. Oops!! I kept thinking, oh it would be fine, but definitely killed it...

I told my friend because I was hoping she'd be open to giving me another cutting to try she's surprised me by mentioning she had multiple plants of it and she is going to give me a while potted plant! I'm excited about that and will hopefully be seeing her two weeks after my second vaccination shot.
PXL_20210516_122321113.jpg

I was worried my haworthia was doing because it did not seem to be absorbing water after but chugging. I tried watering from the top and it seemed to be happier, and a week later watered liked that again. It looks much happier and still alive! Wondering if it will give babies again. The first year I had it it produced two babies, but the second year none. It was probably stressed from being at my rentals without much sun and no water for months, so we'll see what this summer brings.
PXL_20210516_122346012.jpg

Norachan Norachan I think you were the one asking about my dream plants? This is the one that resembles a palm tree 🌴. I think it's very unique, but would love one that looks even more tree like, kinda like mini bonsai like. Top and side view of same plant. You can see the new growth is coming in green. Bye bye beautiful red color! You were awesome while you lasted!!!

And the last is a flapjack that is growing a thick stem and hoping it grows tree like as others shows that growth pattern. It is slow growing, so time will tell.
PXL_20210516_122452813.jpg
PXL_20210516_122514136.jpg
PXL_20210516_122601795.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
So pretty! The Lithops look like little alien eyes starting to open. I really like that black and white pot in your last picture.

I took a lot of pictures of my collection yesterday, I'll upload a few soon. I think one of the cacti is starting to flower.

:hyper:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
she is going to give me a while potted plant!
How exciting! :)

My Thanksgiving cacti are currently growing new little leaves. BTW, you weren't wrong, that they're hard to kill. Mine have gone very long between watering, so that they get limp, but still bounce back.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So pretty! The Lithops look like little alien eyes starting to open. I really like that black and white pot in your last picture.

I took a lot of pictures of my collection yesterday, I'll upload a few soon. I think one of the cacti is starting to flower.

:hyper:
That is a neat description, alien eyes. They are so strange! And thanks! The pots were a steal at Target last year. $9 for a pack of 9, which had 3 style varieties. :yess:

Can't wait to see all your pics and updates of your plants, yay!!! A cactus bloom, must be happy! I'm hoping some of my succulents will bloom, but no stalks yet. Sometimes it can take a few years before they start though, and maybe mine are too young since they were cuttings and considered babies. Do you do any special care to promote blooming for your cactus?

How exciting! :)

My Thanksgiving cacti are currently growing new little leaves. BTW, you weren't wrong, that they're hard to kill. Mine have gone very long between watering, so that they get limp, but still bounce back.
Neat! Did growing season just start? That is very similar to what my friend said, so guess I'm just that talented, haha. ;) I'll upload pics next post down of how dried out it was... it did not soak up **any** water during the water therapy. Dried out like a mummy!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some recent pictures from the flower shop:

20210521_143342_HDR[1].jpg

20210521_143347_HDR[1].jpg
20210521_143402_HDR[1].jpg

20210521_143419_HDR~2[1].jpg

I haven't had time to go to the garden center to buy check out the plants. My pot of random succulents needs to be repotted. I'll probably end up buying some succulent soil from the Mountain Crest Garden web site and using a bigger pot I have on hand.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see some strings and a tradescantia, neat! And love the plaque, haha. Do they have a matching crazy cat lady?? :lol:

Anything special you are hoping to buy, if they have in stock?

Looking forward to see your plant arrangement once you repot! How is the succulent soil you buy? Have you used it before? I've never bought anything fancy, but have eyed it before. There is one called bonsai jack that I've seen people rave about. I still have to repot mine. I still have miraclegro succulent soil and perlite I need to use up, so I'll probably use that when I do it.

It is raining and my drier, needing water succulents are out in the rain getting watered. This is the second time I've done this. Seemed to work the first time well, and lower maintenance. We'll see how it goes!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never used succulent soil before so I'm not sure what to expect.

The gangly looking succulents:

20210524_135726[1].jpg

I have a 6 inch pot that's kind of deep. Would that be ok to use or are succulents fussy about pot depth? I'm not sure what kind of succulents these are.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look how much they've grown! Yours look like some of mine, which grew leggy during the winter because they craved more sun even though I had a grow light. They must be looking forward to longer summer days with increased hours of light.

How much bigger is the pot compared to what the plant is in now? Since succulents are picky with not being over watered a too big of an upgrade is not recommended, so it will depend on how many roots and how big the plant is compared to the pot you are replanting. For example, my haworthias have long tap roots and need a deeper pot compared to my other succulents of similar plant size.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure the ones to the right are jade plant, and they like more moisture than most succulents. The plant to the left might be an escheveria that bolted?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The current pot is about 3 inches tall and 5 inches wide. My bigger pot is about 10 inches wide by 7 inches deep. Too big?

My plant cart sits in front of a slightly southeast facing window all day. So it gets plenty of light but maybe not enough in the winter. I Googled leggy plants and the cause seems to be lack of enough sunlight. Could I just cut the plant back down to size?

I really want a Teneli succulent. When does it get too warm to have succulents safely shipped?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO, it may be a big jump. I'd worry the substrate may not dry out fast enough. That is my thinking without seeing what each looks like.

I had a grow light in addition to my plants in a south facing, and many still got leggy. Yup! You can cut the plant down and either keep the tops to plant or savage all the leaves to try and propagate. :)

Not sure on temps. Tried doing a search and only seeing advice shipping for cold temps. Maybe contact the company? I'd hope they would know. I do know to open the package as soon as you get it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're allowed to have stuff shipped to your office, do that, so it gets to be in the air conditioning. Even fairly moderate temps can be too hot if the package is left in a mailbox or in direct sunlight.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found this on the interweb. Shows how different the light is outside compared to through a window. I was very surprised by how big the differences were!

1622070390630.png

1622070411511.png

Attachments

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is one thing that moth orchids are finicky about. They are supposed to do best in an east window with filtered light. They are native to rain forests in Southeast Asia and Australia so they are under the canopy of a rainforest. They need just the right amount of light because they are easily burned by too much light.