Share Your Indoor Plant Pictures

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
golondrina golondrina Ahh, missed that and thank you for mentioning!!! The orchid was so beautiful and blew me away, and I feel bad for that not registering in my brain! :rolleyes: 😩

Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! (Sorry for missing that super important information you mentioned in your previous post) :cool: (Edit: just saw you said it wasn't until Dec. 1st, haha)

:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate: :celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate: :celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate: :celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate: :celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate: :celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was a lot of snake plants of various sizes. There were ferns and other green foliage plants. Some orchids but none had any interesting color or pattern. I guess spring and summer is the best time for flowering and interesting plants.
The supermarket was the same they had some orchids but nothing interesting. They didn't look healthy either. That is probably normal for a supermarket, they only look healthy if it is a fresh shipment. I am assuming that wholesalers have greenhouses so there really wouldn't be a season, they could create whatever season they wanted. I was thinking maybe they are holding back their really nice ones until December for the holidays.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Pilea is starting to show signs of heat / light stress. The leaves are cupping. My bedroom isn't getting over 75F now and the plant cart is far enough from the window and direct sunlight :headscratch: I've moved the Pilea to the kitchen counter for now. Hopefully Leroy will leave it alone :paranoid: The pot doesn't fit in the space on top of the fridge in front of the cabinet door.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan Love how the jellybean (?) looks in the planter. Very natural looking! I bought some cement planters on sale, although do not look as natural. Drilled holes a few weeks ago and not sure what to put in them yet.
Those must be the little bitty cactus babies?? :cutecat: So cute! And I see a dinosaur planter!!!!!! :heartshape:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Pilea seems to be doing better on the counter. It's cooler there than in the bedroom. But it's also dark this time of year. Any recommendations for a small tabletop plant grow lamp? Not a clip on-type lamp.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Those must be the little bitty cactus babies?? :cutecat: So cute! And I see a dinosaur planter!!!!!! :heartshape:
Yes, the little babies came from this one.
Garden224.jpg

I took three off and left three on the mother cacti. They've all put down roots, but they haven't got much bigger yet.

I'm planning to go back to the garden center I found the dinosaur at to check if they have any others. I wouldn't want him to get lonely.
;)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
20201121_080804.jpg
20201121_080905.jpg

I have been at the store again, is there such a thing as orchid fever. This one is in moss rather then bark chips so I will have to be careful with watering. I have a bag of mixed bark and coconut chips but it is flowering so I will leave well enough alone. The roots look healthy and there was no water sitting in the bottom of the decorative pot.

The second picture is something stuck in with the orchid. It has it's own separate root ball with a loose soil and wrapped in some kind of paper. I am sure it isn't supposed to be planted in bark chips and/or moss but I have no idea what it is or what to do with it.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Few updates

Never chopped the top off of this one that had a bad stem. Seems to be growing roots... maybe it will be okay?

20201122_151639.jpg

This one is still growing a lot!
20201122_151758.jpg
20201122_151806.jpg

Finally was able to pick up the pink color in the picture! yeah!
20201122_151819.jpg
20201122_151840.jpg

This one has been growing A Lot. Lots of aerial roots... but it doesn't seem thirsty but maybe it is because of the aerial roots?
20201122_151934.jpg

My crassula was growing pretty leggy... Looks kinda funny. The one to the left is very sad with down turned leaves and wants more light.
20201122_152011.jpg

This one is getting crazy tall and big... especially because the growth is more leggy due to wanting more light! But it is growing past the growth light, which isn't going to help it get more light, oof.
20201122_152026.jpg

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any thoughts on this or other similar plant lamps? My kitchen counter is too dark this time of year for the Pilea. The coffee table gets a bit more light but I worry about Leroy's munchies :paranoid: He hasn't bothered the plant on the counter so far :crossfingers:

https://www.amazon.com/Aceple-Flexible-Gooseneck-Hydroponic-Greenhouse/dp/B01CE7CTGY
https://www.amazon.com/OLEDA-Gooseneck-Grow-Light-Plant/

I can clip a lamp to the underside of my upper kitchen cabinet. Hopefully a clip is strong enough to hold the lamp upside down.

Or would it be better to use a plant grow bulb in a regular small desktop / clip on lamp?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
They all look very plump and healthy W WillowMarie

I started looking at lamps too LTS3 LTS3 but I got confused by all the different styles. When I used to work in a big inner-city school we had some huge yucca and cheese plants that just survived on the fluorescent strip lights they had switched on in the school for 12 hours a day. (No windows or natural daylight in that part of the building)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The ones I've looked at are LED type lights with red and blue bulbs. But none look like they have bulbs that can be replaced. Might be better just buying a small lamp and a plant grow light bulb for it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Remember last year we discussed how the Christmas Cactus might actually be a Thanksgiving Cactus. Well, even though Canada celebrated Thanksgiving back in October, it appears my two plants think they need to recognize the US Thanksgiving. ;)

IMG_2094.jpg
IMG_2093.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah the spiky ones are Thanksgiving cacti. Mine are blooming right now, just in time! I'm trying to find a real Christmas cactus. . .it's not easy.