Share Your Indoor Plant Pictures

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found a permanent place for it to be. I read that they prefer low light, I found a place where it won't get much in the way of sunlight and is out of reach of my geriatric cat. She was never much of a climber even when she was young and now it doesn't take much for something to be out of her reach. I was really surprised to see plants like this at that price. They had several of them.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Picture updates!

Cactus looking very plump. Just watered it the other day and seems to have swelled larger! Wow is he growing a lot! Could also be the fertilizer that is given once a month to my established plants. Maybe gave them a boost. (The fuzzy one in the background on the right is sad again even though roots grew again. The stem looks like it is growing brown. Poo!)
SAM_0659.JPG

Still trying to get the perfect lighting. This one is turning such pretty colors from the sun. One of my favorites <3
SAM_0661.JPG

Pink tips and the ones behind have red stems with little red dots at the end of their leaves.
SAM_0662.JPG

Closer and closer to flowering and the bud is getting redder and redder. Also note the tips of the leaves tinging red, although hard to see with this picture. This one also has a stem going bad... which is the stem with the flower coming off.
SAM_0665.JPG

Reds, reds, and more reds <3
SAM_0666.JPG

Pink tips.
SAM_0667.JPG

Wha---??? Is my crassula finally having some red tips on the new leaves <3 ?????
SAM_0668.JPG

More reds coming in strong on new growth, stem turning red, too.
SAM_0669.JPG

Oppsss! Sun burn? :eek: It is growing 2 branches in the middle.
SAM_0670.JPG

This one, that has been beheaded for months since the top fell off one day.... has twins!!! Look at these cute little growth bundles <3
SAM_0671.JPG

Babies giving me trouble. The fallen off top of above plant looks okay, but the baby propagates have shiveling leaves and stems... Trying to figure out why my babies keep dying. Not enough water even though they aren't getting that shriveled? Too much sun too soon? I will keep experimenting.
SAM_0672.JPG

My newer babies (top two) still look pretty good. Crossing my fingers.
SAM_0673.JPG

And there is many, many more babies to try with. Leaves from last batch of cuttings.
SAM_0674.JPG

Some are ready to be planted. (Wish me luck!)
SAM_0675.JPG

More babies almost ready. That huge leaf is from the latest cuttings. Started growing roots, but excited to see how big the baby will be if it starts growing one.
SAM_0676.JPG

My lithops. Noticed he looks like he is hunkering down, which may mean he is looking for water. Will keep an eye on him to see if he needs water. Thought he wouldn't be thirsty until fall, but there were a couple cooler days so maybe my room cooled off enough for him to grow and need more water.
SAM_0677.JPG

These cuttings from the last batch have yet to grow roots 😢 There was a mini tree one on the right side with the redder stem I was really looking forward to grow. Hoping roots still pop out. We'll see. May try contacting the seller because a third have not rooted so far.
SAM_0678.JPG

And an update on my hen and chick that I decimated to try to save. Waiting for roots to sprout :dunno:
SAM_0680.JPG

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand what's going on with this air plant specifically. The rest are doing great, the other one similar to it isn't too bad. Not good but not nearly as bad as this one. The rest are growing and yet this one in particular keeps drying up. I'm really disappointed.
20200811_125959_resize_14.jpg

(It looks more brown than it actually is because it was touching bark with tannins that I didn't boil out.)

I'm going to try a new set up for them. Hopefully this is better. Its similar to what I had before for humidity but this glass container is much larger. I've layed some river stones and aquarium gravel at the bottom and I filled it with water. Used some left over craft mesh to create a barrier between the air plants and the water. As the water evaporates, I'll just fill the container up with more water.
20200811_132401(0)_resize_25.jpg
20200811_132353_resize_89.jpg

My dad got me a shelf with wheels for my plants. I spent the morning reorganizing my little section of the living room. I'm surprised they all fit. It's a bit tight but I like the look of them all close together.
20200811_132803_resize_61.jpg

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The heart shaped Hoya was looking a bit wrinkly so I watered / soaked it for a bit. The Haworthia looks ok but I still gave it a bit of water. That shriveled succulent in the garden continued to shrivel and it died :frown: The other plants look ok :crossfingers:

Costco is now selling a 3 pack of succulents with planters: Costco Is Now Selling a 3-Pack of Real Succulents in Patterned Planters

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaah! I either have to go to Costco or stay away from Costco, I'm not sure which ;). But those look a lot like the Sam's Club ones, except Sam's sells them in 2-packs. About the same price per each though.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Little upgrade to my aquaponic system... I bought a pack of 15 net pots on amazon for $11.99. I didn't like how the plants were hanging on the edge and I really wanted to elevate them above the water more. I figured I'd try these and they didn't disappoint.
20200812_200617_resize_37.jpg

20200812_194244_resize_38.jpg

I took some cuttings from my schlumbergera a while back. I placed them in my system for 2 days and their roots start growing in that short span of time they were in the water. They weren't doing well in dirt so I figured they'd like this better. I was right!

20200812_194229(0)_resize_94.jpg

I'm dealing with spider mites unfortunately. They love my dracaena sanderiana the most. But these pots make it easier to clean the back and it spaces the plants out better so I can keep a better eye on them. It's also easier to remove the plants to wash them off now.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys!!! I think I sunburnt one of my succulents real bad... thought I had introduced it slowly enough, but maybe not. I really like this one, too. Hope I can save it.

Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily Looking good! The rocks are a nice addition along with the containers. I really liked the plant look in the water before, but this is also very visually pleasing!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys!!! I think I sunburnt one of my succulents real bad... thought I had introduced it slowly enough, but maybe not. I really like this one, too. Hope I can save it.

Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily Looking good! The rocks are a nice addition along with the containers. I really liked the plant look in the water before, but this is also very visually pleasing!
How did you acclimate them to sun?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did you acclimate them to sun?

Apparently not as careful as in the past... :eek: ;) I think this one was potted at least a few days to a week ago. Kept them only in indirect for a few days, they they go in the spot where the plants only receive a few hours of early afternoon sun. Although, maybe this plant is more sensitive as the jelly beans were planted at the same time and no sunburns?

So I try to keep in indirect for a few days at least, and then start with some sun for a couple hours. If I feel it could use more sun, I give a few more hours, up to keeping them with the plants I move 3x/day to keep in sun most of the day.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was looking at a local farmer's market web site. One of the vendors is a local nursery selling succulents and household plants. I'm tempted to just go "look" 😳

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My little band of succulents and cacti are outside all the time now. This is their spot in the sun.

Garden245.jpg

And look how everything has grown! I'm glad I put the dinosaurs in, it gives me something to compare the plants to.
Garden217.jpg
Garden246.jpg

One little cactus didn't make it from this bowl, but everything else is doing great.
Garden222.jpg
Garden247.jpg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan Beautiful! You're right, they have grown! You're crassula has definitely grown a lot <3

That first picture also looks very professional, like it would be in a magazine.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Costco did not have the alleged succulents, which is probably a good thing, lol. I did get this little guy, who was marked down at Walmart for being damaged. I've seen worse ones for full price! I couldn't tell if it was wrinkly or if that's the natural texture, but it was dry all the way through so I watered it.
20200815_225348.jpg

Oh and I found chick grit! I already repotted one plant and I like what the chick grit does to the soil (I thought it would be gravelly but it's not really), so I'll be repotting the rest of them soonish.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That first picture also looks very professional, like it would be in a magazine.
Did you spot the black and white "Catpaw cactus" in the background? They're very rare.

;)
Lots of sun plants:
Nice idea putting them in a plastic tub to take them out for their sunshine. I'm making a wooden box tray to carry mine in and out of the house in.

Oh and I found chick grit! I already repotted one plant and I like what the chick grit does to the soil (I thought it would be gravelly but it's not really), so I'll be repotting the rest of them soonish.
I heard that volcanic gravel is good. I live on the side of a volcano, so plenty of that around. I mixed potting soil and gravel from outside and they all seem to have done really well in it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it was Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily who posted pictures of a rolling cart as a place to hold a growing collection of plants? I'm thinking of getting one. I can't decide on a cart that is similar to the popular Ikea one or a round version or something that has mesh / wire sides so l don't need to elevate my little pots on something to get enough light :think: