Share Your Indoor Plant Pictures

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my mom's clients gave her a oleander plant and neither of them knew it was poisonous. I told my mom that they are highly toxic and now she wants me to throw it out but I don't know how to dispose of it. Has anyone ever had one before?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily What if you left if out by the sidewalk with a note free to take and please note highly toxic so keep away from plants/kids? Maybe someone who doesn't need to be cautious about toxicity would like it. Other than that, not sure! Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
W WillowMarie one of the succulents in the "garden" is losing leaves 😮 Why?

20200805_155604_HDR[1].jpg
20200805_160711[1].jpg

The Crassula was still looking wrinkly so I let the pot soak in some water for a few minutes.

20200805_155650_Burst01[1].jpg

20200805_155709[1].jpg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Oh no! That one hasn't been watered yet since you repot, has it? Some of the leaves that have fallen look suspiciously translucent, which is why I wonder that.

You're crassula is so pretty with that darker green outline along the edges <3 You'll have to let me know if the leaves plump up better this time :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No I have not watered the succulent garden since I got it. None of the plants look wrinkly. I can give it a light watering though.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Don't worry about watering it yet, I was thinking it may have been overwatered. :) But if you haven't watered, it shouldn't be that.

Where do you keep it? What type of sun? Inside or outside?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Don't worry about watering it yet, I was thinking it may have been overwatered. :) But if you haven't watered, it shouldn't be that.

Where do you keep it? What type of sun? Inside or outside?
Well I gave it a bit of water yesterday. Hopefully it will be ok:crossfingers: I keep it inside in front of a southeastern facing window. I have sheer curtains over the window that filters out some of the light. Is the garden getting too much light?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 southeastern should get a good amount of sun. My window personally is thicker for insulation purposes and my plants still stretch in a south facing window. While I haven't run into this specific issue with leaves dropping (other than my hen and chick and still not sure if I can save or make it happy!), if it is not overwatering (since you had not previously watered), succulents may also lose leaves from not enough sun. Maybe try putting them outside in indirect/shade (no direct light until they have been in indirect/shade for a week to acclimate) for a few hours each day to see if it helps any. Cannot remember what they first looked like, although the one on the right is showing signs it would be happier with more light.

Here is a picture someone posted on facebook about reading plants. This one was about stretching/downturned leaves and happier with more sun.
1596728909985.png

Let me know what you decide to do and update me on what happens! Part of succulent keeping, I've been finding, is determing what is right for each individual plant, especially because environmental conditions and were people live all influence different care techniques of each succulent keeper. :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have outdoor space to put the plants in :sigh: Maybe I should get a plant light.

The Crassula has perked up with a good soaking :) No more wrinkles.

20200806_153430_Burst01[1].jpg

20200806_153249_HDR[1].jpg

I can't tell if the Haworthia needs water or not. It's hard to tell if the leaves are wrinkly with all those bumps.

20200806_154552_HDR[1].jpg

The garden succulent:

20200806_153335_HDR[1].jpg

The one on the right has droopy leaves:

20200806_153351_HDR[1].jpg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Ohhhh, the crassula definitely had a good drink from the last water. Wrinkles no more!

Yes, haworthias are hard to tell when they need watering. Haven't figured them out yet, but the last one was overwatered and not sure if it is still alive or just dying/dead in the pot. Time will tell! They do need less water than other succulents though.

Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily What beauties! Love the mix of pink leaves and green leaves on the right <3 On the left is that a light purple flower in the middle or a start of a new leaf? Pretty color, whatever it is!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your pink polka dot plant, Hypoestes is an evergreen tropical shrub that can grow 3 feet tall. But like any shrub you can prune it. I think you have a mix of several cuttings mixed together into the pot.

The other one fascinates me. Is it some type of inch plant, Tradescantia?

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Your pink polka dot plant, Hypoestes is an evergreen tropical shrub that can grow 3 feet tall. But like any shrub you can prune it. I think you have a mix of several cuttings mixed together into the pot.

The other one fascinates me. Is it some type of inch plant, Tradescantia?
You are correct! I knew it had the potential to get big. I'm curious how large it can get so I'm going to leave it alone.

The tradescantia is miniature? That is what it was being sold as. The pot it came in was about 1.5 - 2 inches in diameter. The website is lovememini.com if you want to check it out. They have other plants there.

W WillowMarie - Its actually a new leaf. I had to repot them both because their pots were drenched in water. It was pouring out the bottom. Not sure why they always water plants like this in stores. It's a tradescantia nanouk and they are rare apparently? I've never seen them anywhere else so I'm glad I got my hands on one.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That succulent is a goner :frown:

20200807_150405[1].jpg

The other ones in the pot seem to be doing ok :crossfingers:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That succulent is a goner :frown:
I'm so sorry. I see the stem is now getting shriveled at the bottom and there is discoloration on the top leaves. you could try to cut above the shriveled stem where it looks healthy and cut below on top to where it looks healthy. Leave it out to dry over where it was cut and see if any offshoots/babies/roots start growing. You never know with succulents! (Edit: just noticed W Willowy same this same exact thing as I was typing this up.)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was tempted at the grocery store this morning. They had succulents 10 for $10. They would need repotted because they were each in their individual small plastic pots. They were really dry and those little temporary plastic pots have drainage holes. They had them on a shelved stand outside so they were getting at least some sun. I didn't give in but I was tempted.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you guys think these clivias will make it? I'm such an idiot and a few months ago, they were badly overwatered and scorched to nothing by the sun. They mean a lot to my mom (someone gave them to her). I don't know what I was thinking. Their leaves have fallen off to this point. I researched for hours and realized that they are not the soil type of plants - similar to orchids, they have thick roots. I repotted them this morning. Roots still look really good. Some were dead but that was to be expected because they were suffocating in the dirt. The bulb/base of the plant is still intact, it just has barely any leaves left. On the bigger one, the other two are starting to die too. Soon, it'll also be down to 1 leaf.
20200808_140557_resize_23.jpg
20200808_140701_resize_52.jpg

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
20200809_081648.jpg

I go to the Starbucks in the supermarket on Sunday morning for my weekly latte treat and I couldn't resist this time. It was only $9.99. It looks healthy and the soil is only a little damp not soaked. The succulents yesterday were bone dry. Maybe someone else is taking care of their plants. The very first succulents I got were from there and they were soaked, they didn't make it.