Share Your Indoor Plant Pictures

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom surprised me with plants today! She got some young rose of sharon trees from a friend. They told her to take as many as she wanted and she picked these small ones for me. There are 9 of them. I'm going to wait for them to mature a bit more and try the bonsai technique on them as well.
20200728_001023.jpg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Newest potted cuttings that have started roots. and the pink round one has two babies and a previous cutting from a while ago that finally sprouted one tiny root.

DSC_0170.JPG

Still trying to capture the pretty pinks with camera on this.
DSC_0173.JPG

Looks a lot better in person, but this one is a ashy purple/gray color.
DSC_0174.JPG

Look at those reds!!!
DSC_0175.JPG
DSC_0176.JPG

Closer and closer to flowering.
DSC_0178.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

Many of my little ones I've planted have dried up. Some also had extreme sunburn, opps! Keeping these in the said for a bit until they look stronger. Forgot leaf propagates need shade when young. This one has been getting sun a couple hours a day, but is not looking as good. So off to shade it went!
DSC_0180.JPG

Propagates
DSC_0181.JPG
DSC_0182.JPG

And this is what is left of my hen and chicks.... Ended cutting all the babies off. Hopefully some of these will root. Time will tell.
DSC_0183.JPG

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know how to get ride of a mild spider mite infestation? They first appeared on my croton Petra. I noticed brown marks on the underside of the leaves. I tried to clean it off but nothing came off. I also noticed fine spider webs which didn't make sense and then I started seeing the mites. I rubbed castor oil on the bottom of all it's leaves and haven't seen any webs or mites on it since but now my Ivy has webs on it. I checked the underside of the leaves but there aren't any holes or damage like on the croton.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh I hate spider mites. One of the plants at my last office had them, and I read up on it, and the only thing I had in the office that was recommended was Simple Green. I wiped every single leaf, back and front, with it once or twice a week for awhile. I guess it worked because the plant is still there last time I looked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The mini succulents are in their new bin. I just have to add pebbles.

20200731_172645_HDR[1].jpg

Do you think the Crassula needs to be watered? A few leaves might be starting to look wrinkly? I last watered maybe 3 weeks ago.

20200731_172702_HDR[1].jpg
20200731_172742[1].jpg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I added some pebbles in:

20200801_064151_HDR[1].jpg

I watered the Crassula. Water just flowed right out of the drainage holes so I'm not sure how much water the plant is going to soak up. Should I just soak the pot in water for a bit? Or repot in a cactus mix?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am certainly no expert but I used a potting mix for palms and cactus. I added perlite to it so it was about 2/3 potting mix and 1/3 perlite and so far they are doing well.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Is this the original potting soil the plants came in? Some soil can be water phobic and not absorb water easily. Did it look like the water went through cracks in the soil and drained out or did the soil look wet after watering? Luckily with succulents it is okay waiting a couple days or more even if it looks thirsty. Because of this, I'd recommend waiting about two days and check to see if the plant firmed up and is not wrinkly anymore. For me at least, it takes 1-2 days before the plant looks plump again after a watering. If it plumped up everything was a-okay! If it is still wrinkly, water it again as long as the soil is dry all the way through. :)

Like denice denice is mentioning, just make sure the soil is a proper mixture, which is why I asked earlier if they are still in the original potting mixes. Didn't notice it until denice mentioned her mix, but you may want to add more gritty matter.

Love the addition of the rocks in the bin! Makes it look so nice and cozy looking.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do stay away from the plants at the grocery store. People who have a green thumb would do well with them and save money on plants. I however do not have a green thumb so I stick with the plants from a garden center.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Is this the original potting soil the plants came in? Some soil can be water phobic and not absorb water easily. Did it look like the water went through cracks in the soil and drained out or did the soil look wet after watering?

The pot still has the original mix, whatever the garden center was using or received the plants in. The water went right through the mix and out the drainage holes, not slowly soak into the mix. The mix does look moist.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found it! It's an N'Joy pothos. I guess it's a fairly new variety. I'm glad it's not toxic although I'll probably take it to work to save it from naughty kitties.

Edit: lol, typing at the same time.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the air plants will do better in this set up because they haven't been doing great anywhere else. They look like I'm not watering them. I washed out these containers and filled the bottom with rocks. Added a little water and then added soaked fir bark to retain moisture. Added a little something (not sure what it is) to the top to keep some of the humidity in.
1596392925228.jpg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 How does your watered plant look today? Does it feel firm and look less wrinkly?

Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily How neat! Cannot wait to hear an update. Definitely looks like it would help keep humidity up for the plants.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Still a bit wrinkly so I don't know if the succulent is absorbing what water remained in the mix :dunno: