Share Your Indoor Plant Pictures

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily :)

I bought the cart from Target but Amazon sells a near identical cart that costs a little more: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-Tier-Rolling-Utility-Kitchen/dp/B07TY1RFH5/ Not sure if Amazon Canada sells it but there are other similar rolling carts listed if you need another one. Craft stores often have rolling carts too. There's a rolling cart sold at the Michaels Craft Store chain that is popular and comes in lots of colors.

I'm surprised the shelves are pretty roomy. All but two plants fit on one shelf. The shelves seem pretty sturdy.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 4 air plants on the top shelf along with the 4 pots of succulents. The air plant in the white cat pot is pretty big. It's the cat pot's hair :lol:

20200724_140657[1].jpg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update time on the new growth and group pictures

The twins are getting bigger <3 <3 <3
DSC_0001.JPG

Babies are not surviving very well outside.
DSC_0002.JPG

Holy moly, has this one caused much excitement! 2 new growth emerged from below the substrat, and a 3rd (behind the main plant leaves on the right) is coming out of the stem.
DSC_0004.JPG

2 growths that were present when I received the cutting, but they are getting bigger.
DSC_0006.JPG

Group shot #1 (all babies in my mini fairy garden went bye bye)
DSC_0007.JPG

The interesting growth seems to be more flowers coming in <3
DSC_0009.JPG

Old flower and new buds
DSC_0010.JPG

New offshoot growth!
DSC_0012.JPG

Two new offshoot growth at the top of other stalk.
DSC_0013.JPG

Still cannot capture the beautiful pink colors, but I keep trying. :biggrin:
DSC_0014.JPG

2 offshoots!
DSC_0017.JPG

Trying to show pretty color again.
DSC_0018.JPG

Trying to show pretty color.
DSC_0020.JPG

Bin #2
DSC_0021.JPG

Lots of fun growth.
DSC_0026.JPG

Water propagates of last couple of cuttings that seemed to be dying. 2 have perked up, which are the "strings." I've heard they like more water, so maybe the water propagation was their thing. Should repot them soon.
DSC_0028.JPG

The two on the left and right sides are the ones growing roots from water propagating. A couple other types rooted and died, but they were getting dry anyway and I didn't think they would make it.
DSC_0029.JPG

Very surprised this one is propagating. I had not pulled it off in a clean shot as this was one of the Crassulas where the leaf wraps around the step. No babies yet, but crossing my fingers! This leaf was taken off way back in May. So interesting how long things can take to grow roots or babies.
DSC_0030.JPG

And a few update pics of babies growing. Some are ready to pot, although I haven't had the energy and will be doing them soon.
DSC_0031.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG
DSC_0034.JPG
DSC_0035.JPG
DSC_0036.JPG

These are my inside babies. Since the ones outside have been so challenging to keep happy, I will be keeping babies inside until they are healthier and more resilient.

DSC_0037.JPG

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
MY CACTUS IS GIVING BIRTH!!!
Oh yay! How exciting!

The four little pups that came off my cactus have all rooted and are doing well, but the four pups still attached to the mother are about double their size. I think I'm going to leave them with mum unless they drop off naturally. All my other succulents are doing well. They haven't had much outdoor time this week, because we've had a lot of heavy rain and thunder storms.

I'm thinking of investing in some grow lights for the winter. Does anyone else use them?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan How wonderful for you little ones. I'd love to see an update when you have time :) So are they normally supposed to fall off when they are "old" enough? I have a long want to go for mine, but I was wondering what the technique for baby cacti growing off the main plant.

I've been thinking of grow lights, too, but have not invested in any yet. It is a good time to start thinking about this though. It will soon turn chilly in the next couple of months.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been so cold here... I have to take all my outside plants inside and I'm now realizing I have no room. I chopped my canna lily down and I'm going to spend the day cleaning the bulbs and getting them ready for storage. My Rose of Sharon plants... I'm not so sure.

I haven't gotten any grow lights but I did buy a humidifier. I'm going to use those poly sheets I bought to make an enclosed space in the living room for everyone. Also going to get some lamps and put my 6500k bulbs in them. I think those bulbs will be okay for plant growth? I don't know but my croton liked them and if the croton likes them, I can imagine the other plants would too. It's a 1600 lumens. Not sure if it's full spectrum or not.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Should I be concerned about the one wrinkly leaf on this succulent? I watered the entire pot last week.

20200906_112739.jpg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Should I be concerned about the one wrinkly leaf on this succulent? I watered the entire pot last week.

View attachment 350083
Good question. The way the leaf is wrinkly makes me think of a watering, although normally the bottom ones are the first to start wrinkling from being thirsty. How does the stem look? Is the soil still wet from the watering? Do you know how many days the soil took to dry?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The stem looks fine. It's just the one leaf that is wrinkly :confused2: The soil is still moist but not too wet.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The stem looks fine. It's just the one leaf that is wrinkly :confused2: The soil is still moist but not too wet.
It does make me a little nervous that the soil is still moist after a week. Keep an eye on it. If more leaves start wrinkling and the soil is still damp, I would take the plant out and double check the roots. Again, it is just odd that one leaf in the center is wrinkly. Maybe that leaf just has trouble sucking water into the leaf, but who knows. :) Did you end up mixing some grit into the soil mixture you used? What mixture are they in?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
So are they normally supposed to fall off when they are "old" enough
I'm not sure. One baby either fell off naturally or came off due to feline intervention. I thought I try pulling off half of the pups and leave the rest on and see what happens. The ones that came off all rooted, so I guess that's a good sign.

I've been watching a lot of Summer Rayne's videos on YouTube. She has so much information on them. It's a bit too much to take in, but the tours she does of other people's homes that are just crammed full of plants are really inspiring.

Summer Rayne Oakes

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It does make me a little nervous that the soil is still moist after a week. Keep an eye on it. If more leaves start wrinkling and the soil is still damp, I would take the plant out and double check the roots. Again, it is just odd that one leaf in the center is wrinkly. Maybe that leaf just has trouble sucking water into the leaf, but who knows. :) Did you end up mixing some grit into the soil mixture you used? What mixture are they in?
The leaf looks less wrinkly today.

20200907_144923[1].jpg

I haven't done anything with the pot yet. It still has whatever potting mix and gravel from the garden center.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
The 3 stem cutting I took from the aglonema growing in the fish tank has adapted well to soil and is now making shoots and new roots! I was afraid they would die after growing in water for so long but someone told me that you have to water the plants heavily when they are transitioning from hydroponic growing to soil which makes sense. I do that now whenever I take any plants out of water culture and they've all survived. I replanted all 4 cuttings together in one big pot.
20200907_202627_resize_83.jpg

I recently got a humidifier and my air plants seem to be doing better so I decided to change their set up.
20200907_202422_resize_51.jpg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The leaf looks less wrinkly today.
The leaf does look better! Interesting it took a week, but it did.

Just keep an eye on the plants and how long the soil stays wet. You may want to add some grit for better drainage and less soil retention:loveeyes:, just in case now or at some point down the line :)

I recently got a humidifier and my air plants seem to be doing better so I decided to change their set up.
:loveeyes: Wow, you are so artistic! :loveeyes: Everything you make, whether it be a fishtank, a plant hanger, or this, looks so pleasing to the eye. The air plants also look like they have a fairy garden for them now. It is so cute! <3

Look at all those new stems <3 That's good to know about extra watering. I believe the same has been said with succulents that are water propagated. I will be hoping keeping mine alive when I transition to potting them.