Share Your Indoor Plant Pictures

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep. Because they like bright light but a South-facing window will burn them. West-facing is good too, but East-facing may be too much. That's what someone told me anyway; I'm no plant expert!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
spider plants when I'm not helping them do well in offices. Don't over water and, as I found out too late, they don't like sun light. They like fluorescent lights, lamps, flashlights, anything but sun light.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the consultants has a snake plant on his desk. It's doing pretty well despite the consultant not being in the office for weeks at a time. No idea if he asks someone to water the plant.

I'll have to stop by the garden center in the spring when they have a better selection of indoor plants.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does anyone have a plant only terrarium or has had one in the past?

Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I keep the majority of my plants at work because I have huge corner windows and tons of light. It also keeps the more toxic ones out of my house and away from my cats. I’ve got a big finger jade and a thanksgiving cactus at home.

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice plants at work :D I want the windowsills at work to look like that, filled with plants of all kinds.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have a plant only terrarium or has had one in the past?
Yes, I had one many years ago. It was a huge glass ball, open at the top. I found it was difficult to gauge how much water the plants needed. It was too easy to overwater. I put it out on our screen porch to take in the sun. The porch was also occupied by a litter of kittens, and in no time, they were tumbling around inside the terrarium. That was the end of the terrarium.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone grown a Streptocarpus (Cape Primrose)? I saw this gorgeous "Grape Ice" variety online and want one :redheartpump:

Care is similar to that of African Violets. It's non-toxic but it'll live at work.