Share your funny and memorable pictures of your cat!

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had to think for a minute what I recorded on photos that was memorable (in other words, a milestone of sorts).

It reminded me of the day my dog, for the first time, hung out around the cats without going batty. I can't quite remember exactly when it was, but it had to have been between late 2004 and early 2005 (in the winter). At that time, he was 6 years old, and could NOT understand how to coexist with the cats. If they moved, he wanted to run after them. There'd be a lot of fights, though fortunately nobody was ever hurt (we believe Jake was snapping at the cat, but it was either very gentle or he was snapping at the air. Only one time did we encounter more than a bruise, and never broken skin). In any case, we couldn't trust him with the cats, so since he was an outdoor dog at the time, it worked out. When we'd bring him inside, we'd shut the cats away in a room somewhere. But one evening, I took Jake out on a walk and he sliced a pad on a toe pretty good, and he spent the next week indoors, me too paranoid to let him touch dirt with that open wound. His foot hurt too much for him to pay too much attention to anyone else; he basically spent a lot of time licking his foot.

Up to this point, I had been trying to train him to lay down peacefully when he noticed the cats, even if he still felt compelled to give them the eye, trying to control their brains to lead them closer to him. On leash, he was great, but still couldn't trust him off leash. During the training, the cats got a little more comfortable, not a hard task when all they'd seen of him before was 60lbs of fur and bulk hurtling towardfs them and now he was laying peacefully. By "comfortable" I mean they wouldn't hunker down and shiver; they'd actually move around. I should mention that I always did these training sessions outside, in the front yard, so the cats had PLENTY of space to move and get away if they felt threatened, which helped their feeling of safety and security.

Now back to when Jake hurt his paw. All he did was lay under the kitchen table and lick his paw, and since he was ignoring the cats, they actually felt compelled to come closer to him, check him out. Jake began figuring it out (he's the kind of dog that learns best by "training" himself, through the lightbulb way, lol), understanding that by doing nothing, these fascinating creatures were actually coming towards him, actually coming closer and sniffing his tail. Granted, nobody was purring and rubbing all over him, but that would have been sensory overload anyway. This was a massive breakthrough, and once Jake started feeling better, he began following the cats around (at a much slower pace than breakneck speed, lol). The cats began to feel safer in the knowledge that he wouldn't go crashing after them, so they allowed him to follow them everywhere, though they put the line on actual physical contact. No sniffing.

A few months later, that November, Molly came to live with us and unlike the resident girls, who tolerate Jake, Molly actually enjoyed his presence. Thus, Jake moved from following the other two around to being Molly's actual shadow for the next couple of months. No matter what, wherever Molly was, Jake was just inches behind her. If Jake went out for a poop, Molly was standing by the backdoor, peering out, crying for our return (oh yeah, by this time he was an indoor dog; a few months after the paw injury, he tore the ACL in his back leg and had surgery, and his recovery was spent indoors and he just never went back outside). I absolutely loved it all, since I had made my peace that we would never get to see that dog hanging out with 2 cats in one room, but now here we were, that same dog with 3 cats in one room, one of them being a total love-suck for him.

This picture was after the foot injury, after Jake "got it" on how to interact with the kitties. That's Willow there, looking a bit wary and uncomfortable, still a little uneasy on what's going on. Jake's oblivious to her, since he's munching away on Willow's favorite toy, a little rubber ball for that conveniently makes squishing, sucking noises from dog saliva when Jake mouths it.

Following her, but at a standstill (wh00t!!)

Look! Look! He's moving AWAY from her! He actually possesses the skill of RESTRAINT! lol

Here is shortly after we got Molly, and Jake was absolutely paranoid about losing her. He's not much for hopping on couches or beds, but when Molly came, that disappeared. Here he's sitting on the couch (butt propped up on a pillow), freakishly hovering over poor Molly. She's perfect for him, I have video of one time when she was playing on a mattress and Jake went around behind her and plunked down, slamming his paw down on her head. She just layed there, head pushed forward and down, until I moved forward and placed his paw beside her. She just looked at it, looked at the toy she was playing with, then resumed flicking that toy around.

The first time he met Molly

Jake and Molly gazing out the window together (okay, it's a little bit of a cheat, since Jake was staring at Molly, but I got these when he momentarily looked at something outside)

I have pics of Buffy and Jake, but I think this has gone on long enough. Sorry it's so long, but I'm just still pleased as punch that this actually happened. I had thought for sure that it was a lost cause, that Jake was too stubborn and just too much of a herding dog.

I'm not the only one thrilled, lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read the whole story! It's like a novel
, I like the second last picture.
I'll try to gather pictures of Charlie and Tisay, it's a cat and dog story too!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are great, Aussie!! What darlings!

I don't have a great camera or very good photography skills... so even though Holland does funny things all the time I rarely capture them on film. Not to mention she stops whatever she's doing when I get the camera...

Here's a few I think are cute:

Holland HATES being put in her carrier, because since I adopted her, it's usually meant a trip to the vet. I leave it open all the time in my living room so she's not afraid of it. Well, a couple weeks ago she decided it was THE place to hang out:

The first time Holland made it to the top of my fridge. She still loves it up there, and it still makes me nervous...

I had a bag full of packing materials to take to my sister who used to own her own business. Holland decided it was a new toy!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont have one big memorable moment with my babies but a few small moments with them so Ill share what pics I have loaded already onto Photobucket.

This one is from the first time GiGi made it to the top of my entertainment stand. Shes so proud of herself and it has now been deemed the resting place of all kitties.

The first kitty to climb the christmas tree. Since daddy didnt say it was a no no it became the play place for GiGi and Hercules she would climb up it and he would hide underneath the branches.

This one is from Fatmans ER visit. The first time him and Herc slept together without fighting. Herc was so worried about his brother and it made me so happy to see them not fighting, Herc stayed with him the whole time Fatman slept.

GiGis spay day, home from surgery. Im more proud of myself for this moment than her although she was a pleasure to ride with not a peep out of her.

Hercules neuter day. Another moment where Im more proud of myself than him but hes my baby so of course I have to include this one. If only I had a video of his pitiful crying on the way down.

And lastly my favorite picture of all. Best Friends Forever!!! GiGi and Franklin in one of their first bonding moments. Him being a nosy puppy and her being the Queen B!

Sorry so many pics...It is hard to choose just one singular moment.

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is Charlie and Charlie's relative, the adult cat sucking milk on Charlie's mother was his older cousin.

Charlie when he was still young

Sleepy Charlie after playing

Charlie and Luna staring on the dust pan

Daddy took the others away from our house and he only left Charlie, since Charlie has no mother on his early age, my dog Tisay was the one to take care of him. This is Tisay breastfeeding Charlie

and this is the grew up Charlie and he loves camera!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love all the pics! Tisay and Charlie
!
Maia definitely has some pics to share..........
Her first bag to small for her to climb in!

Her playing fetch as a tot, 4 months old......

Her busted being environmentally unconscious.....

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Hannah is quite the character, so I have several funny pics of her!

Here she is being silly and hanging out upside down in her little snuggle bed.

Working on her tan (such an adorable face!):

This is my all-time favorite of her!

Bwahahahahaha

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog
Oh my gosh, thank you SO much for posting this, it has given me new hope. I'm living with the parents, and one of their dogs, a husky/sheltie mix named Maddie, has just not taken to the cat like the other 2 dogs - and Sophie is so tiny and delicate, I get extremely nervous to have them "loose" together, so with short, carefully-monitored exceptions, I have resigned myself to a constant rotation of closed doors and baby gates (yes, weirdly, the cat respects the gate and stays on her own side). At this point, I'd about given up on ever trusting Maddie with Soph. But all those sweet photos have given me new determination! It might just be time to renew my efforts at inter-species diplomacy!!

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG! This is the first time I saw a smiling cat!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is Ginger and her sister Cindy, both cats hate all other cats.

Cojoined calicos! No not really , but they sure look like it! Cindy Loooooved giving Ginger a bath, Miss Momma cat of the litter.
I miss Cindy, she is alive and well, just living in another home.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephanietx

Bwahahahahaha

oh stephanietx, how awesome. it looks like Hannah is saying "What!? You have got to be kidding me!"

so many lovely tabby cats in this thread

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is Kuura doing..I have no ideas what..but he was in that position long enough for me to get the camera and stay like that so I was able to get several pics of him.

(please ignore the extra hairy blanket he is sitting on, it's there to keep my couch clean
).

Tomu kept trying to bite the camera's lense..

And he usually looks a bit confused.

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, I like the first shot...is he a model?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephanietx

My Hannah is quite the character, so I have several funny pics of her!

Here she is being silly and hanging out upside down in her little snuggle bed.

Working on her tan (such an adorable face!):

This is my all-time favorite of her!

Bwahahahahaha
Hannah is adorable! I have to admit I see some similarities in Maia, but Maia is a bit more shy.........here's a Maia "Bright Idea" moment.......

I was changing a bulb and she had to inspect!