Share your favorite kitty memories!

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Past or present, share your favorite moments of your kitties!  I'll start.  

Years ago, when I had Sammy and Garfy, who were purebred persians, I took them to get shaved for the first time.  It was summer, they had a few matted places and Sammy was a BEAR about me brushing him.  So I decided a haircut might be much kinder way of dealing with it.  

When I got them back home, and they both stepped out of their carriers, Garfy acted like he was returning from the spa yet was glad to be home.  Sammy went nuts!  He started licking himself, then went over to Garfy and sniffed him, then hissed at him because he didn't recognize his scent! Then he started chasing him!  He went a bit crazy for a while.  (I asked the groomer to not use the perfumy scent the next time.)  Then Sammy jumped up on the counter and ATE my prayer plant!  He'd never done that before. I called the breeder in a panic thinking he was going to die.  Thank goodness the plant was very small and what he ate was not enough to do him harm, and it didn't.  But he really went nuts for about 30 minutes there.  It makes me smile to remember this NOW, but not at the time!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite moment years and years ago when I had a pregnant calico cat and two small boys. She had already had several litters of kittens and was very pregnant again. She had stayed out of the way most of the time because of those two active boys. But one afternoon, while I was sitting on the side of the bed, she came up to me, stretched to put a paw on my knee and meowed. I asked her if it were her time, and she meowed again. I immediately rushed around, got a box, and filled it with towels. She happily hopped in and delivered the first kitten within minutes.

I won't every forget how she came and told me it was time for her give birth. The trust she showed was incredibly endearing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so sweet, @DreamerRose!!  Boy she waited till the last minute, didn't she?  Lol!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she did wait until the last minute. It scares me now, knowing so much more, but all was well at the time.

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great thread idea there are so many things Midi does, I suspect I will be posting frequently.

When he is resting and I pet him he always lets out a little squeaky closed mouth meow. not sure if he is startled or just recognizing my affections, but it is very cute. 

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Great thread idea there are so many things Midi does, I suspect I will be posting frequently.

When he is resting and I pet him he always lets out a little squeaky closed mouth meow. not sure if he is startled or just recognizing my affections, but it is very cute. 
Awww, that's cute!  It does sound like Midi is acknowledging you. 

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my favorite memories of Gracie is of her making dough on me.  She loved to do that.  I guess there are parts of me that are not the right consistency and she was just helping me out, but I thought it was cute.  She'd purr and sort of vocalize this mid-range hum while she did it.  And she'd always look right at me.  So sweet.  I miss her so much.  

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My RB kitty Claude used to love getting soaking wet. He would sit on the side of the tub and meow at you to drizzle shower water off you hand for him to drink.  He would end up looking like he just finished being given a bath.  He would also stick his head in the shower stream.  After you were done bathing he expected you to pet him to dry him off and he would purr his little head off.  He would also expect our guests to do this.  One of my friends used to cat sit for us and she would take showers for him when she stopped by every day.

His RB brother Tegato used to sleep wrapped around my head like a furry hat every night.  If my hubby went to bed before I did Tegato would wrap himself around hubby's head and move to me when I came to bed.

My oldest cat Starbuck would climb in your bowl of cereal while you were eating when she was a baby kitten. I had to eat cereal standing up.  She did not like to get wet so getting the milk out of her fur was a pain.  She would not try to eat the cereal or drink the milk she just wanted to sit in a bowl.  Thankfully she outgrew this behavior quickly. Anyone who ate cereal in my house was informed they should eat standing up.

My RB kitty Baby T used to sleep on my hubby's pillows when were not in bed.  Every night when he would go to bed she would snuggle with him for a little bit on his pillow and then get up and go to sleep in her spot at the bottom of the bed.

This is all I have for now.  I am sure I will think of some more.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

One of my favorite memories of Gracie is of her making dough on me.  She loved to do that.  I guess there are parts of me that are not the right consistency and she was just helping me out, but I thought it was cute.  She'd purr and sort of vocalize this mid-range hum while she did it.  And she'd always look right at me.  So sweet.  I miss her so much.  
I love those, I get tummy massages from Midi too when I come home from work. Gracie sounded like a very special kitty, I am sorry she passed

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My RB kitty Claude used to love getting soaking wet. He would sit on the side of the tub and meow at you to drizzle shower water off you hand for him to drink.  He would end up looking like he just finished being given a bath.  He would also stick his head in the shower stream.  After you were done bathing he expected you to pet him to dry him off and he would purr his little head off.  He would also expect our guests to do this.  One of my friends used to cat sit for us and she would take showers for him when she stopped by every day.

His RB brother Tegato used to sleep wrapped around my head like a furry hat every night.  If my hubby went to bed before I did Tegato would wrap himself around hubby's head and move to me when I came to bed.

My oldest cat Starbuck would climb in your bowl of cereal while you were eating when she was a baby kitten. I had to eat cereal standing up.  She did not like to get wet so getting the milk out of her fur was a pain.  She would not try to eat the cereal or drink the milk she just wanted to sit in a bowl.  Thankfully she outgrew this behavior quickly. Anyone who ate cereal in my house was informed they should eat standing up.

My RB kitty Baby T used to sleep on my hubby's pillows when were not in bed.  Every night when he would go to bed she would snuggle with him for a little bit on his pillow and then get up and go to sleep in her spot at the bottom of the bed.

those are sweet memories, RIP beautiful kitties 

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Aww, such sweet memories!  It made me laugh thinking of a little kitten who like to sit in a cereal bowl!

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@catlover73  , just curious....did you happen to take any pics of her in the bowl?

amber85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My favorite memory is of my sweet charlie, He was a beautiful orange tabby. He was blind but got around the house with no problem. I have a dog that has epilepsy and one night she was having a seizure. Charlie came rushing to me in a panic, climbed in bed and started meowing and pawing at me to wake me up not knowing I was already awake and dealing with foxy. Once he knew I was awake he went to foxy to comfort her. It was vary sweet, He was so concerned about her. Foxy always has to pee after she has a seizure so I took her outside to go potty and he followed her out and stayed by her side. He slept cuddled up to her that night.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My favorite memory is of my sweet charlie, He was a beautiful orange tabby. He was blind but got around the house with no problem. I have a dog that has epilepsy and one night she was having a seizure. Charlie came rushing to me in a panic, climbed in bed and started meowing and pawing at me to wake me up not knowing I was already awake and dealing with foxy. Once he knew I was awake he went to foxy to comfort her. It was vary sweet, He was so concerned about her. Foxy always has to pee after she has a seizure so I took her outside to go potty and he followed her out and stayed by her side. He slept cuddled up to her that night.
Awww, how sweet!!  (Gee I sound like a broken record!)  What a sweet and caring kitty!  I know you miss him :(

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 10 years ago, I thought it'd be a good idea to get one of those robot vacuum cleaners, the Roomba.  I don't know why I thought this was a good idea but anyway, I did worry one of them would step on that big center "on" button and the thing would be off to the races while I wasn't at home.  It didn't have a big collection tray and it took several hours to cover a whole floor of the house, going in a zig zag pattern.  A couple months went by and the kitties didn't seem to be very interested in it.  I usually unplugged it while I was gone so they couldn't accidentally turn it on without me there.  So, after I had it for a while, I thought they were used to it and weren't going to bother it so I started leaving it plugged in.

Well, one day I came home from work and before I could open the door I heard that whirring sound!  I thought OH NO!!!!  I came in the the Roomba was busy going here and there.  The kitties were hiding, of course.  I have no idea how long the thing had been going, but it was kind of strange to come in the door to the sound of the vacuum.  I turned off the machine and the kitties re-emerged from their hiding places!

I didn't use it after that because frankly it didn't do such a great job and I couldn't have it scaring my kitties, lol!

galatashdev

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got my Gala baby only a short 4 months ago, but my favorite memory that she used to do when we first got her, is always at 4AM she would jump on the bed and stand on your chest and just yell and yell so you'd wake up and then as soon as you did she'd purr and purr. Something that she still does though, is whenever she see's that you're starting to wake up in the morning, she'll wait until you make eye contact with her and then she'll purr her way up to you and lay on your chest or neck. She's so cute!! 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite funny memory is of my RB Kitty Tootsie, who had this thing for wicker baskets. One day my brother visited (I was living with my parents) and during dinner, he went to get a piece of Italian bread from the bread basket and when he rolled back the towel, Tootsie just looked back at him. The look of horror on my brothers face....

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I got my Gala baby only a short 4 months ago, but my favorite memory that she used to do when we first got her, is always at 4AM she would jump on the bed and stand on your chest and just yell and yell so you'd wake up and then as soon as you did she'd purr and purr. Something that she still does though, is whenever she see's that you're starting to wake up in the morning, she'll wait until you make eye contact with her and then she'll purr her way up to you and lay on your chest or neck. She's so cute!! 
Very cute!  How old was she when you first got her?