Share Your Favorite Holiday Recipe!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I have an idea for for the holidays - perhaps we could each share a favorite recipe and swap yummyness. I will start:

Cranberry-Rosemary Muffins
(makes about 6 large muffins)

1 1/2 c flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 c agave nectar
3/4 c milk (soy/almond/cow’s/rice/etc)
1/8 c rosemary infused olive oil
3/4 c cranberries

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl combine dry ingredients.
Add in wet ingredients.
Mix in cranberries.
Spoon into greased muffin tins, about half full.
Bake for 27 minutes.

I actually make mini muffins and bake for about 20 minutes. I also use gluten-free flour since some of my Thanksgiving people have Celiac disease.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is the turkey recipe I'm using for tomorrow. Slow Cooker Turkey Breast With White Wine Gravy - Tastefulventure

I'm adding some crushed rosemary and leaving out the apple. It sounds good to me!

DH has been eating gluten free; so this gravy should be interesting. I've been looking at flour options for our baking. DH has always had a sweet tooth but I just can't see me making a GF batch of everything. If anyone has tested a good Gluten Free recipe; please do share! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
I have an idea for for the holidays - perhaps we could each share a favorite recipe and swap yummyness. I will start:

Cranberry-Rosemary Muffins
(makes about 6 large muffins)

1 1/2 c flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 c agave nectar
3/4 c milk (soy/almond/cow’s/rice/etc)
1/8 c rosemary infused olive oil
3/4 c cranberries

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl combine dry ingredients.
Add in wet ingredients.
Mix in cranberries.
Spoon into greased muffin tins, about half full.
Bake for 27 minutes.

I actually make mini muffins and bake for about 20 minutes. I also use gluten-free flour since some of my Thanksgiving people have Celiac disease.
Too late to edit, but if you're making mini muffins, bake for 12-14 minutes, not 20. I tossed out my first batch because they were overdone and dry and horrible. I also added a few dashes of cinnamon, because why not?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the turkey recipe I'm using for tomorrow. Slow Cooker Turkey Breast With White Wine Gravy - Tastefulventure

I'm adding some crushed rosemary and leaving out the apple. It sounds good to me!

DH has been eating gluten free; so this gravy should be interesting. I've been looking at flour options for our baking. DH has always had a sweet tooth but I just can't see me making a GF batch of everything. If anyone has tested a good Gluten Free recipe; please do share! :)
If your husband likes peanut butter, flourless peanut butter cookies are so good. A cup of sugar, a cup of peanut butter, an egg and a dash of vanilla. Then mix and bake like regular peanut butter cookies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If your husband likes peanut butter, flourless peanut butter cookies are so good. A cup of sugar, a cup of peanut butter, an egg and a dash of vanilla. Then mix and bake like regular peanut butter cookies.
That sounds really yummy! I haven't had good homemade peanut butter cookies in ages!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love peanut butter cookies. I don't know why but for me the ones with the Hershey's kisses put on top have become a holiday cookie. I really like those. They are very rich so one or two is plenty.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
For the second year now, I've made a Chocolate Salted Caramel Pecan Pie (from Southern Living). It's gotten rave reviews from people. Everybody loves that pie. Something about the chocolate with the caramel and that sprinkling of sea salt. Decadent. Just decadent.

We serve it with a large scoop of French vanilla ice cream. And to take it just a wee bit over the top, I make a bit of chocolate ganache to slather over top.

Recipe is here: Recipes - Pies And Pastries At the bottom of the page.

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
For horseradish lovers, I highly recommend Trader Joe's horseradish & chive potato chips. They are massively addictive!

ileen

Super Cat
Purraise
I made the muffin recipe with regular flour last night, not gluten free flour & they were even more delicious. I still had fresh cranberries left over from Thanksgiving - maybe they don't go bad? I think I'm going to make them again for Christmas.

I made another old time favorite from our family's recipes last night, cinnamon roll ups, and they disappeared in a hurry.

Cinnamon Roll-Ups

16 slices of bread (I use thin sliced such as Pepperidge Farms)
1 pkg cream cheese ( 8 oz)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick butter
3/4 cup sugar
1-2 tsp cinnamon

Mix sugar and cinnamon
Cut crust off bread - roll flat
Cream together cream cheese, egg and vanilla
Spread with cheese
Cut each slice of bread in half and roll up
Melt butter dip each roll-up in butter and then roll in the sugar and cinnamon mixture
Bake 350 20 minutes on a cookie sheet from frozen

I always make them in advance and freeze them. You can then store them in the freezer in a plastic bag until you want to bake and use.