Share your daily routine!

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Something that always interests me is other's animal husbandry, when it's not terrible of course. (aka, facebook cat """care"""...)
So I was wondering, what are you guy's cat related routine? I'll share mine to start.
  • whenever i wake up, she wakes up. if i go back to bed for an hour, she will go back to bed for an hour. if shes not demanding, that is, if shes feeling bratty, she will step on my face or "play" under my pillow.. lol, both of which i can sleep through and am ok with. (she's got soft peets.)
  • first thing in the morning (3AM) before i even have coffee - give spec her "soup" aka breakfast with water several times in small portions to trick her into drinking more.
  • 7:30 or so: play session + daily hike/walk until 11AM. A snack in between (chicken.)
  • 11AM: brush fur, brush teeth, wipe face with warm rag, clean ears, examine body for any impurities (lumps, scratches, little health checkup basically) - lunch + shreds of her lunch in between to calm the catitude.
  • zzzz........ (specter will sleep until 3PM, then go back to sleep until 4PM.
  • extreme play session at 4pm/5pm, another walk and hike, dinner.
  • zzzzzzzzzzz...
zz.jpg
Do you guys have routines? Share them below, I'm curious! And I want confirmation I'm not the only one with this crazily time consuming cat routine....:flail:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
6am - wake up and feed the cats (3oz can mixed with 2oz water and split between the three, a drop of CBD for Link, arthritis, and Rocket, anxiety).
Sunrise - Let out the rabbit from his nightly confinement.
Throughout the day - talk to and give attention to all the furry critters. No specific play time because the three cats keep each other active and occupied.
Sunset - Bring in the rabbit for the night. Refill water bottle if needed. Check pellets in food dish, add a slice of each freeze dried fruit in current mix, a chrunchy biscuit and one to three other chrunchy treats. Remove any leftover vegetables and give him several fresh red leaf lettuce leaves, cilantro, parsley and any other vegetables for the evening (sometimes carrot peels or broccoli or something altogether different).
Call in the cats. Repeat the breakfast food process.
Eat my own dinner, take a shower and then go into bed so Link and Rocket can go to bed (otherwise I get yelled at).

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, my whole life is the routine that my cats have trained me to follow.

All cats sleep in the bedroom with us and amazingly sleep through the night. As soon as my alarm goes off at 6am they all jump on top of me and I get many licks to the face. Then, it's breakfast time - homemade raw food for all. If it's a work day at home I eat breakfast, they run around and play, then we all end up in my office with me working and them looking out the window/napping. By 12pm they are all giving me dough eyes and trying to seduce me into the kitchen for lunch. They get another homemade raw meal and then it's back to looking out the window, getting tummy rubs, and eventually napping (and I go back to work). Then dinner rolls around at 5pm - more homemade raw. The evening is usually busy - everyone is awake, my husband gets home from work, the cats run around like crazy playing. They get fresh air looking out the window, and then finally at 10pm they get their last homemade meal of the day and we all go to bed.

Such is life with cats. :catrub:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
5am - feed the cats and clean the litter boxes

6am - prepare for work

5pm - arrive home and feed the cats then clean the litter boxes

9pm- feed again the cats, clean the lotter boxes then prepare for sleep

1pm- rise up zombie-like and feed the cats if any of them swats my face for food, then go back to sleep

In between there will be playtime.

Repeat from step 1.

But during weekends there will be a different routine. It would be more of playtime with the kitties.

tuffsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
6:15 coffee for me while Tuff chews down on Fancy Feast. Then heads to screened porch to check out birds and squirrels. 10:00 heading for soft bed in guestroom for 3 hour snooze. 1:00 we both head to my bedroom for reading, TV and snoozing. 3:30 time for more Fancy Feast and screened porch fun. 5:00 hop up onto kitchen table and watch me fix supper. 8:00 dry snack and then lay on couch with me until bedtime!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something that always interests me is other's animal husbandry, when it's not terrible of course. (aka, facebook cat """care"""...)
So I was wondering, what are you guy's cat related routine? I'll share mine to start.
  • whenever i wake up, she wakes up. if i go back to bed for an hour, she will go back to bed for an hour. if shes not demanding, that is, if shes feeling bratty, she will step on my face or "play" under my pillow.. lol, both of which i can sleep through and am ok with. (she's got soft peets.)
  • first thing in the morning (3AM) before i even have coffee - give spec her "soup" aka breakfast with water several times in small portions to trick her into drinking more.
  • 7:30 or so: play session + daily hike/walk until 11AM. A snack in between (chicken.)
  • 11AM: brush fur, brush teeth, wipe face with warm rag, clean ears, examine body for any impurities (lumps, scratches, little health checkup basically) - lunch + shreds of her lunch in between to calm the catitude.
  • zzzz........ (specter will sleep until 3PM, then go back to sleep until 4PM.
  • extreme play session at 4pm/5pm, another walk and hike, dinner.
  • zzzzzzzzzzz...
View attachment 303009 Do you guys have routines? Share them below, I'm curious! And I want confirmation I'm not the only one with this crazily time consuming cat routine....:flail:

Wow....great life!

Can you please
adopt me too!:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow....great life!

Can you please
adopt me too!:)
Haha, well; provided you don't use spec's litterbox, she might be okay with that! There is also 24/7 live duck tv available as well...(the ducks stay in a pen outside my bedroom window!) :walk:

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
6AM - cats wake up. I don't, though try as they might to get me up lol

8AM - my mom wakes up and gives them breakfast.

At around 9AM to 10AM, depending on the day, Teddy comes into my room for his morning snuggles and lays with me in bed until I get up, which usually is a few minutes before 10:30. I say my good mornings to Finny and sometimes I give them a second breakfast if they seem hungry. If not I just play with them until they either lose interest in me or go lay down for a nap.

12PM boys are usually napping or entertaining themselves while I get some me time before work.

1PM I shower.

1:30PM I eat a late lunch, or early dinner, however you want to look at it.

2PM I get dressed for work.

2:35PM I leave for work.

6-7PM my mom gives them their evening meal.

11PM I get home from work and either feed the boys or play with them until 11:30 and then feed them. Depends on how hungry they are when I get home.

11:40ish PM I start washing all their dishes, refreshing water and replenishing dry food for the night, then I clean out their boxes.

11:50PM to 12:AM I wash my face and unwind from the day until around 1AM. Finny is the first to come to bed, while Teddy is the last. By 2AM everyone is settled for the night.

Rinse and repeat.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
6am wake up and lay in bed with a furry purring kitty on my neck
6:15am get out of bed and use the bathroom
6:25am clean litter box and wash water and kibble dishes
6:30am play with Neko-chan
6:50am she has her wet food while I have my coffee
7:30 a15 minute play session then she goes to sleep
8am, kibble out and I head to work
6:45ok I get home and we play for about 20 minutes
7pm wet food
7:30 solo play and\or zoomies
10 pm 30 minutes play then I do to sleep and she watches TV with my husband

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Emerson wakes me up somewhere between 4am and 6am for breakfast. I get up to feed them because if I don't, he will scratch the wall above my head (we will have to spackle and paint it at some point already...)

Go to work.

Get home at 5:30. Feed the cats at 6:30.

Play sessions when/if the cats want to. Watch them chase after one another/have zoomies.

Clean litterboxes before bed.

Husband gives them 1 tablespoon of kibble as a midnight snack.

Rinse and repeat indefinitely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welp, sharing again as our routine changed a little!

• 4:00AM/3:00AM: wake up, feed spec in small portions several times
  • >>>>>>>>>>>spec will nap..... ( work time for me)
  • 7:30AM: scoop poop. hour or so play session; outdoor hike/walk for 30 mins
  • 11:AM: (play session ends) i'll give her more food
  • >>>>>>>> spec will nap............ ( work time for me)
  • 3PM: spec wakes up, I brush her teeth; wipe her face w damp warm rag, clean her ears, brush her hair, do a little checkup, i'll give her more food
  • 4:30PM: hour or more hard play session; outdoor hike/walk for 30 mins or more, food afterwards.
  • 8PM: last meal for the night,
  • >>>>>>>>>spec goes to bed. i work a little and do the same. (i sleep at 9)
  • repeat...
    IMG_20191012_091046114.jpg
  • ((water is added to every meal, i "work" from home))

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
7am - Bring breakfast down for the kitties (they stay in our basement at night and sleep by the wood stove or on top of the washer in their beds!).

7:15am - Kaia goes outside for the day. Binx and Tea run around and play.

They follow me and do chores with me the rest of the day if I’m home, if I’m at work they watch out the windows, play or sleep. I clean boxes mid morning every day.

3pm - Kaia comes in to stay. Everyone eats.

Kaia goes upstairs to nap on one of my girls beds for the rest of the afternoon. Binx and Tea hang out with us.

8:30pm - bedtime meal for kitties brought downstairs. Kitties go to bed!

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is no Snooze button on a cat.

7am : They wake me up. Feed them breakfast, half a can of wet food each and about 2 tablespoons of kibbles. Their bowls have 2 sides.

8.15am : Off to work. By this time Meimey is back on her bed for her nap while Meffy either is asleep on the sofa or she will see us out the door.

7 - 8pm : Home from work. Feed them dinner. Same food as breakfast. If I’m home earlier I would still feed them after 7pm to maintain a routine.

9pm : Usually the cats play by themselves by chasing each other around the apartment or hang out with us while we watch tv.

12am : Bedtime for everyone