Share some people/people-related facts that your cat knows!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
She has this perfectly good rubber mat but she doesn't scratch it at all! And she gets upset when I try to scratch it for her.
She walks around on her two back legs all the time, and as if that isn't enough she tries to stand on her two front legs as well!
Why doesn't she ever just sit still so I can lie on top of her? Freak.
Yoga2.jpg

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Every human is an individual. Yours may be shy, playful or aggressive, modify your expectations accordingly. They have mood swings as well, sometimes they want to be left alone, sometimes they look at you with saucepan eyes ready to pounce on you and squeeze you. Luckily they talk a lot you so will hear it coming. But they are easily pleased, when you go with the flow. After all a happy human means a happy cat!

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name's Emily and I've been around quite a while. There's nothing I don't know about HER! And I can control HER with a flick of my tail, a swipe with my paw or, when nothing else works, a bite. The rest of THEM, I ignore. If THEY get too close, well I've got my weapons and THEY are soon afraid to get too near to me. I can't tell you much about my life before HER. THEY say, nobody admitted to owning me, but my babies always disappeared when they were small and cute and were sold. I was left to live on anything I could catch and produce kittens. But BOSSY BOOTS captured me and my 4 babies when it became a law that all cats, who roamed the streets, had to be neutered. I was taken to live with HER. I had a large room in the cellar and immediately made myself at home on the highest shelf, only coming down to feed my babies when no-one was about. Well, at least I was well fed for the first time in my life! SHE even wrote to TCS asking why I was eating not only my own food, but ALL the kitten food, and what SHE should do about it, because I was giving myself diarrhoea and goodness knows what else. SHE, silly woman, took me to the vet, UGH! He started discussing allergies and worms. My food was then contaminated, it was put on a table so that my babies couldn't get to it and I was expected to eat it! People came to look at my kids - so, from my position, on the highest shelf, I learnt what people were like when they wanted to take one of us away. Two of them even brought a dirty old dog blanket with them and sat on the floor playing with my children, who were no longer taking any notice of their mother. I can't say that I even missed them when they left: first the 2 girls and then a few weeks later the two boys. SHE was useless! SHE couldn't tell them apart, without looking to see first whether they were girls or boys and then studying them to see which one had lighter stripes than the next. SHE used to try to line them up according to the intensity of their markings - USELESS.

When I was left on my own in my room, SHE used to come and sit with me. SHE spread a thousand pieces of cardboard on the table and tried to fit them together. When she left the room I'd flick the pieces off the table so that she'd come again and have something to do.

One day, BOSSY BOOTS came to visit. I was on my shelf, BOSSY BOOTS was sitting with her back to me, and SHE was describing how I reacted when SHE tried to stroke me. "She seems to like being petted, but suddenly she turns around and swipes at me. We can't let her go to a home where there are young children!" "Call her, let me see how she reacts"

Well, knowing what I was expected to do, when SHE called me (I knew my name by then) I flew down and jumped onto her lap, let her stroke me for a few seconds, turned around and gave her an almighty swipe. Then, back up onto my shelf. I am not going anywhere, young children, or no young children! That's how you have to treat THEM.

People came to see me, I hid on my shelf. SHE felt sorry for me, and at Christmas I was allowed into the rest of the house with 3 other cats, 2 black ones who kept out of my way, and one little grey thing who wanted a fight. I was put back in the cellar at night so that everyone could get some sleep. It wasn't my fault!

Now I had to mix with the rest of THEM, those on 2 legs. but as I said at the beginning, just treat THEM badly and THEY'll leave you alone. Start as you mean to go on. Luckily, I know how to recognize people who are interested in owning a cat, and as soon as the doorbell rings I'm under the couch. I have more staying power than even the best self-appointed cat-whisperer! I want to stay where I am with HER, but SHE's not allowed to know that. If SHE moves her arm in her sleep to stroke the cat on her bed, I give it a good bite, or scratch it and make sure I draw blood.

But, on one occasion I forgot how to act sensibly. SHE wasn't there. THEY fed me. THEY said it had been four weeks, when one afternoon, SHE reappeared, limping with two blue crutches to help HER walk. SHE sat down and I really lost it. I immediately jumped on her lap, kneading her with my claws, making her cry out, I didn't care. SHE took a pillow and put it on her thighs to protect them - I couldn't stop. I was purring and THEY were all saying "Just, look at that! If that's not love!" I stayed there for hours, couldn't let HER go! And the next day, and the one after that......But, I'm back to normal now.

SHE took a picture of me while I was making a fool of myself in front of everybody. SHE says it doesn't look like a happy, loving cat. I've got my ears slightly back, as if I'm angry - I think I must have been doing what people do - crying!

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My human Mom is crazy about me going outside! She is insanely overprotective of me when we go outside! But if I sneak out (or escape my harness) she will follow obediently behind me, while I take her for a walk. It is important for humans to get their excerise 😉 besides when I let her catch me, she cuddles me & gives me treats when we get inside.

Plus humans have a strange fascination with our litter box leavings. I think it is a cult! Vu

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.... plus they go through a lot of effort to undo my wonderful poop & pee claim smells. At least she doesn’t use tons of air freshener like my human Nans does.

Plus she is obsessed with putting me in coverings. I kinda like the sweatshirt & fleece because it keeps me warm when she cranks up the AC. 934D56F5-ACD2-4246-B710-50EC790EFDBB.jpeg

Attachments

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Their tongues are not as good, their tongues have no comb features on them like mine.😛 I don't know why she bothered to lick me, I guess she is so jealous of my fur that I get to lick all the time. (My fur is beautiful, she tells me all the time~how multicolored and soft and she calls me "luxury cat" sometimes. Yes, I am a luxury. She tastes as good as I do. Her sweet tooth is much larger than mine. 🍭🍬🥧🍰🎂And her eyes, she can't see in the dark. 🌱I guess she just deals with it.🌑She tells me so I listen so she does not step on me. I love her and she gives me rose petals since I started swiping hers when I was a kitten. She never gets angry with me. We agree on most things. She plants so many things; she also has great appreciation for trees, shrubs, flowers and outdoors.☀🌑:silver:🌷🌴🌳And those lips, what are with those?👄:silver:I can kiss just as well as she does. I am her guardian, although she is my girl and I am her girl and we are both girlie girls.🌸😋😷She just deals with things, like I do. I can hiss better, but she does a pretty good job imitating me when my beautiful sharp teeth get too near her skin. Guess she just deals with that sensitive skin. :silver:💇‍♀️She says "Flash gets fanstastico" when I groom her hair. She so funny, I'm happy to take care of her. :silver:😷🌸🌷🌑😻:loveeyes: