Contest Share A Spooky Cat-related Anecdote To Win!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
nurseangel tell your story !
How about a funny one instead that happened just today? I don't know if this will count, but I'll call it an entry anyway, since I was scared to death for about two seconds!

ENTRY:

Today, I was off from work early and took a nap on the sofa. My new kitten, Elsie, snuggled up with me and we were very comfy. I woke up scared out of my mind. Something had wrapped a tiny hand around my finger! It was just my sweet Elsie's little paw, but I almost screamed before I realized.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
No please dont add me as an entry, i dont have any more cats to win the food to eat, i just wanted to share my experience :)
No problem - whatever suits you best. Just wanted to mention, also for the benefit of people without a US-based address, that if you win, you can donate the cans to a US based shelter and the sponsor will send it there.

Also, I'm extending the contest by one more day because of the recent upgrade (the site was down for a few hours). So, there's still time to add more stories!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Bumping for any last submissions! I'll be closing this for submissions in 24 hours.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you all for sharing your stories! The contest is now officially closed for entries and we'll announce the winners shortly. Feel free to keep adding spooky cat stories to this thread. They won't be counted as entries but we can still enjoy them together!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Our winners in the random draw are... drumroll....

Kieka Kieka rosegold rosegold Nature9000 Nature9000 nurseangel nurseangel and MrHandsomesMama MrHandsomesMama

:clap::bunnydance::woohoo::celebrate:

Congratulations!

I'd like to thank our sponsor for this contest, Hound & Gatos, who donated the prize. Dear winners, to claim your prize, please send a private message to HoundnGatos HoundnGatos here on the forums, along with your name and address.

Thanks again to everyone for participating in this thread!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! I appreciate it. My cats love to try new foods. I sent Hounds & Gatos my information along with a big thanks! Congratulations to the other winners! :thumbsup:

And for Leomc123 Leomc123 here is the story I don't like to talk about:

Most of my cats have been overweight and my RB kitty Garfield was probably the largest. One night, I went to bed early. I had the bedroom door shut, as my husband was working in the laundry room. Suddenly, I felt something large jump on the foot of the bed. To be more accurate, it felt like someone sat down at the foot of the bed. Too heavy even to be a cat. There were no cats in the bedroom, and if I remember correctly, Garth had already Crossed the Bridge. I screamed. My husband came running into the room and turned on the light, concerned. I explained what had happened. He assured me that it had just been a nightmare. Here is where I should explain that I have chronic insomnia. It takes me well over an hour to fall asleep, and then often only sleep a few hours a night. I had literally just gone to bed and was wide awake. I still don't know what happened and it might not sound that bad in writing, but it still scares me to think about it. I'm not sure that it was cat related, because this seemed to be related to something much larger than any cat.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations to all the winners in this contest. Glad to hear everyones ghastley experiences ! :)

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Enter

One time spooky was laying with me were both fast asleep out of nowhere spooky jumps up and runs around my room we both heard a whisper and something move I was not expecting that at all

HoundnGatos

TCS Member
Sponsor
Purraise
Entry:

One summer night, I was staying over at my aunt’s house. It was just before dawn, and I was drifting back off to sleep, warm and comfortable.

Then, suddenly, I couldn’t breathe.

I was choking to death, and my face was getting hotter and hotter. My hands were clawing at the thing around my throat, but I couldn’t get it off. A huge pair of demonic, furry arms had wrapped themselves around my neck, smothering my nose and mouth. I felt the heavy weight pressing and rattling against my chest. There was no escape!

All at once, I woke up.

My nightmare faded quickly as I realized that although there was a lot of fur in my face, and a heavy weight on my neck, there was no demon in sight...

... nope, no demons, just Tessa (one of my aunt’s two very fluffy Balinese cats), who is notorious for lying on your neck like a scarf and smothering—ahem, *cuddling* you while you sleep.

View attachment 302177
Hi there,

Congrats on being a winner of the "Share A Spooky Cat-related Anecdote To Win!" contest! We enjoyed reading your entry and seeing the adorable photos of your kitties :)

We're excited to send you cans of Hound & Gatos. We just wanted to confirm, what is the best mailing address where we should have the samples sent? Also, do your cats have any food allergies?

Thanks!
Hound & Gatos

HoundnGatos

TCS Member
Sponsor
Purraise
ENTRY

Well I wasn't going to do one, but this is fun so I'll put in an entry

So here's the entry:

I call Prince and Nikita the ghost cat and shadow cat respectively (That's a tale I put in the cat's meow) because Prince's fur is so light (more of a salmon/ginger color, or pale brown) that at nighttime with no lights except the moonlight, he looks like an all white cat with wide black eyes....and Nikita's all black and slowly creeps around at night; but let me get into another creepy aspect of them.

They are watchers, and when I say watchers, I refer to an experience that happened to me on a couple occasions. I will find when it is all quiet and they're laying down somewhere, sleeping....I'll walk across the apartment and both their heads bob up suddenly and they're staring at me. So I freeze and slowly back up, their heads turn with my movements, continue on my path and they follow with their heads and eyes.

Then I'm in the kitchen, getting something out of the fridge and turn around, both of them have suddenly appeared behind me with Prince stopping in mid walk with one paw raised, his gaze fixated on me. Nikita will be right beside him, sitting down with the same intrigued stare. Then I walk back towards the bedroom and the cats are slowly following me, their eyes and heads fixated on me until I turn around and they turn away. Moving around the corner into the hallway towards the bathroom door, I saw their heads poke into view. Forward to later in the night when I'm laying in bed, I looked up after feeling the mattress bounce a bit, and there's Prince and Nikita walking along the foot of the bed, staring right at me as if waiting for me to fall asleep....

And a second entry revolving around Prince.

One night about a year or so ago, I was in bed. Prince was meowing and moving around the apartment. He was also making a bit of noise, going into his hyperactive cat mode. Then, after several minutes, everything went silent. So silent that if there were crickets anywhere, I would've heard them chirping.

I called softly to Prince, but heard nothing. So I called out once more and started to open my eyes. Looking out, I couldn't see him or any instance of him-no shadows in the moonlight nor any sounds. So, I called out a third time getting ready to get up when suddenly out of nowhere this pale white looking cat with wide black eyes jumps onto the bed and lands within an inch of my face, his eyes looking into mine, and he meowed just then.

I was so startled that I nearly jumped out of the bed.
Hi there,

Congrats on being a winner of the "Share A Spooky Cat-related Anecdote To Win!" contest! We enjoyed reading both of your entries!

We're excited to send you cans of Hound & Gatos. We just wanted to confirm, what is the best mailing address where we should have the samples sent? Also, do your cats have any food allergies?

Thanks!
Hound & Gatos

HoundnGatos

TCS Member
Sponsor
Purraise
Entry:
Perhaps not spooky but very weird and still unexplained.

When I was about 12 I had brought home a strat cat who we found out was pregnant, and while we were slowly intoducing her to our other cat we kept her in a spare bedroom at night so they wouldn't fight.

One morning I went into the spare room to feed her and she wasn’t there. My mom and I searched and both swore neither of us had let her out, but searched the rest of the house anyway. No sign of her.

We open the locked door to the garage so we can get in the car and go to school/work and she’s sitting on top of the car.

Never figured out how with only two people in the house, neither sleepwalkers, the cat could get from one locked and totally separate room to another locked room without assistance.
Hi there,

Congrats on being a winner of the "Share A Spooky Cat-related Anecdote To Win!" contest! We enjoyed reading your entry!

Thanks!
Hound & Gatos