Share A Happy Story About Your Lost One

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope it's ok for me to start this thread. I was thinking with all the heartache here that maybe a good idea would be to share a happy memory of a lost pet. A memory that will put a smile on your face thinking just about it and remembering a good time.

For me one that comes to mind is last fall. I bought an old oil can with a screw on cover. It standsabout 2 foot tall and has a side handle. Its empty and rustic. I thought it looked cool and only paid $1 for it.

I brought it in to show my husband and set it in a corner-like area. It wasn't there very long when Meela came flying in the room and jumped up on it. She would do laps through the house, always ending up on it. Some days she would just go sit on it. I am not sure if she thought she that she was hiding out up there or what the story was. It did appear that she claimed that old can hers.

romeo911

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great idea Meelasmom! I guess the best story is the day I got Romeo. My best friend and I went literally top of mountain in Gatlinburg Tn to get him. I was very apprehensive before we got there because we were traveling a pretty long way from where I lived to get this cat or pick one out. I forgot to tell you it was also Valentine's Day and my anniversary . This was a gift from my husband he asked me what I wanted for my anniversary and I said a cat,. Because I missed have such a loving creature in my life my other cat had died December 16 of the following year with diabetes, and I missed him. When we finially got to our destination the house was a mansion,. We were afraid of where or what we were going to like a puppy/cat mill. But was pleasantly surprised when I went through these grand mansions doors were a Hurd of little white furry sweet faces,. The lady of the house was a true cat lover and I just sat right in the middle of them loving every minute of it. They were two that stood out but one was pretty insistent on pick me,,pick me and then he licked my nose. Well needless to say this little ball of fur picked me and while he was so persuasive I said your quite the Romeo and that's how he got his name plus remember it was Valentine's Day anyway. I know it sounds a little Korny but it's so true,. And I miss him so he was such a sweet soul gosh I really miss him it's still hard to tell this story. I hope and pray it's true or we can see them one day again

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are so many happy, funny stories (and so many cats!) it is hard to pick one that stands out. But one that does is when I started to train my two housecats to the leash when we moved to a different neighborhood. I put the harness on Burt and he accepted it pretty well, just walking slower and trying to shake it off. But when I put it on Chrissy, I set her on her feet on the ground and she just fell over on her side like she was paralyzed! I kept picking her up and setting her on her feet and she would just fall over again! I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop, and she ended up laying there for 10 minutes until I took it off. She did end up leash trained, but was a little Houdini on a harness, I had to order a special one that she couldn't slip out of. I miss her sassy little diva ways, she was definitely the Queen of the household.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Sylvester who is pictured in the avatar is a 50/50 blend look wise of Simon a tuxedo and Sebastian a long haired Chantilly who were great boys that have passed in the last few years and he is a great living tribute to them but also a great cat himself. One day years ago, Simon was smelling a catnip toy, really into it, and Sebastian came over and just stood there next to him looking at him; well, Simon must've thought that he was going to try to steal the toy, so he put his head down, charged at Sebastian and used his head like a battering ram and knocked him over! I was laughing so hard but also comforting Sebastian telling him it was alright, he didn't do anything wrong lol!!

Don't mess with Simey!!!!:D :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I giggled at all your stories. Thank you for sharing. I would much rather be smiling remembering than sitting here crying. Its hard when the sad outweighs all the good.
It's not a story, but it's kind of funny.

I can't tell you all the times I would call out to Meela at bed time or when she was sitting beside me on the bed...of course with her being deaf, she didn't hear me. Then I would always find myself sayin, "Why am I calling your name, you can't hear me." That was even after we developed the "come" sign that she knew to come to me which was the four fingers on my hand closing to my palm. I still wonder if she ever knew what her name was.

dorymb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a nice idea. We were catless for the first 10 years of our marriage. When we moved to our new house, I told my husband I wanted a cat and we knew there were mice (old ramshackle 1700s Colonial) so, even though he maintained that he hated cats, he agreed. I went to pick one out at the shelter and my husband said to choose a black one. There were quite a few. Some in cages, a lot just free and playing. I selected one pretty candidate and went in to the office to write up the paperwork. A worker went to get the cardboard carrier. When he came in, he was asked if he got my cat, and he replied "I dont' know, but there is one that self-loaded." Cleo had jumped right in and thus became our darling. She was listed as a "lovebug" and so she was. Right up to the end. I'm crying now of course. P.S. She ended up to be Daddy's girl.