Severe anxiety disorder/ hypervigilance suddenly brought on by a "traumatic" (not) event

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is great news and it was very kind of you to take the time to update for us. I am so glad that you were able to find a solution as quickly as you did. I am starting to use CBD oil with my flame point boy and am hoping for the same results. If Caspian does have an underlying fear issue, a friendly cat may be something like what Jackson Galaxy calls a "social bridge cat" who instills more confidence in his companion cat. Please keep us updated!

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave him .25 mL of oil, with a concentration of 20mg per mL of CBD, once daily in his wet food. If anyone is interested I can give more details on the brand and flavor and such.
Hi FlamepointPrince FlamepointPrince - perhaps you would post the identifying/ordering details here. I'd like them and I'm sure it will be helpful to anyone reading this thread in the future. (A very warm, if most belated welcome to TCS, too! ❤)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FlamepointPrince

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi FlamepointPrince FlamepointPrince - perhaps you would post the identifying/ordering details here. I'd like them and I'm sure it will be helpful to anyone reading this thread in the future. (A very warm, if most belated welcome to TCS, too! ❤)
Sure, and thank you!
The brand is Lazarus Naturals, salmon flavor in 600mg.
You can get it here on their site: Pet CBD Tincture
but I got mine from a local herbal medicine store, it should be available in most natural health food stores or nicer dispensaries. (If you're not from the US, looks like they DO ship internationally)
It says 'joint support' solely for the fact it's made with salmon oil. (No artificial flavors or additives) The carrier oil is just straight up salmon oil, not MCT or olive oil (which can cause digestive upset, and REALLY stinky poop)
With it just being salmon oil, it's a pretty pungent smell that covers the CBD smell really well and Caspian really liked it. I just mixed it into his wet food once a day.
The packaging has dosing instructions based on weight, since he's a little over 13lbs I gave him .25ml. I was told by a vet that if you're giving your pet CBD for the first time, you should start off with half the recommended dose, as some are more sensitive and may not need the full recommended dose.
As far as how he reacted to it was great, it didn't make him lethargic or sedated, it just made him very calm and collected. But he still wanted to play, which was my main concern. Because it quelled most of his anxiety, I could play with him and have that anxious energy output into play and work with him rebuild his confidence.