Serious question about catnip

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can police dogs arrest my fur babies if they are caught using catnip in public?
Not in Canada, its legal now, as long as its for personal use. If your cats sell the catnip, then they are going to need a good lawyer.

Your cats are allowed to grow up to 4 plants per household: more if they have a letter from their veterinarian saying its needed for medical purposes.

Remember, thats 4 plants per household, not per cat.

Last edited:

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
They have to pay the proper taxes here and there are very serious fines if they receive an abatement letter. There is something called "appellation" that I don't know very much about and a lot of the old mom 'n pop growers are being driven out of the business by agribiz/green rushers who treat product as if it didn't mean anything at all except yet another way to make yet more money.

So I wouldn't advise them to even try selling it; it's not like setting up a lemonade stand.

But for personal use, as long as they obey the law, grow their own, and use a bit of common sense about when and where to imbibe, they should be fine.

No public places for consumption yet other than one Bud & Breakfast, as far as I know, but that is likely to change in the very near future.