September Giveaway! FREE top quality scratching post by Art, Motion & Sound

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's here!  The mailman rang my doorbell this morning.

Jasmine has been sniffing the box -- she said "Other cats have been around this box!  I can tell!" -- and then she started rubbing it, scent marking it as hers, which is entirely appropriate.

We'll open it next Wednesday, when Sara is here.  That gives me a week to get the camera properly installed and clean up enough clutter that we can (I hope) get a decent video to post on YouTube.  If I'm lucky I'll find a couple of lost items while I'm at it.

Margret
I always lose things when I clean up the clutter.
I always lose things, period.  I once lost a half gallon of milk!  That was several months ago and I still haven't found it.  Since no one with a sense of smell has found it either I have to conclude that I must have actually finished it off and thrown the carton away.  At least, I certainly hope so.

Unfortunately, when I was packing up for the choir retreat a few weeks ago I somehow lost the zippered notebook all my choir music was in.  I called the place where the retreat was held, and it's not in their lost and found, so presumably it's in the house or car somewhere.  I really hope so, because they no longer make that kind of zippered, slant D ring notebook with handles; it's irreplaceable.

Margret

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
....Jasmine has been sniffing the box -- she said "Other cats have been around this box!  I can tell!"....
I asked Makena about this, all I got was a "I don't recall seeing any boxes around the shop" look.
View media item 376926
He is not allowed to use or scent mark any production scratchers (he has his own scratcher in the shop that he uses.) He does hang around the shop with me sometimes when I am working, so I suspect that there is a bit of cat scent on everything!

Can't wait to see pics or vid!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't think of any way you could keep the scent off, especially since cats are so much better at smelling than we are.  Also, it's been through who knows how many hands on its way here, and there's no telling what pets those people had at home who had left their scent on the hands of their humans.

And have I mentioned lately that all cats lie?  Though it's generally the "Nobody loves me, nobody ever plays with me, or feeds me, or scratches in the exact right spot, except you" sort of lie.  The humans are almost never taken in by it, but that doesn't keep the cat from trying it, repeatedly.

Jasmine was more interested than anything, kind of like a dog sniffing the local tree or fire hydrant to find out what all the other dogs have been up to.

I make no promises, but I'll do my best to get you some good pictures.

Margret

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
....... And have I mentioned lately that all cats lie?  Though it's generally the "Nobody loves me, nobody ever plays with me, or feeds me, or scratches in the exact right spot, except you" sort of lie....... 
LOL! Love it!

Makena does stretch the truth sometimes......

View media item 376980
It kills me when I take Makena for a hike and feed him lunch....then my wife comes home 20 minutes later and he explains to her how he has been inside all day and hasn't been fed!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Worse, the humans cheat!  I regularly find myself telling Roger, "By the way, when Jasmine tells you that she hasn't had breakfast yet, she's lying" on my way out the door.  It's just inexplicable how the humans seem to have this built in feline lie detector.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we had a few problems today.  First the batteries of the camera gave out, while I was cutting open the box.  We got that fixed, got some good video of Jasmine playing in the packing paper ("Ooh, paper!  Crinkly!  Fun!  Mine!"), got some good video of Jasmine playing with the wand toy that Makena included (Thank you, Makena!), string still wrapped around it so it was really just the wand she was playing with
, completely missed her scratching the still disassembled scratcher, also (thank goodness) missed me assembling it with the base upside down
, and, once it was assembled, missed Jasmine giving it a proper try out -- I was still recovering from the assembly and the camera wasn't handy.  Since then Jasmine has been sleeping, except for a brief interactive exercise session with the new wand toy, which is now hidden from her so that she can't start playing with it on her own in the middle of the night.

I'll download the video and see whether I can get a few stills from it to post here sometime in the next few days.  I don't want to upload the video to YouTube just yet -- let that wait until I can catch Jasmine actually using the scratcher.

It really is a gorgeous piece of cat furniture, and I was right in thinking that the light oak goes well with my floors.  Thank you so much, @Bengalcatman.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Well, we had a few problems today.  First the batteries of the camera gave out, while I was cutting open the box.  We got that fixed, got some good video of Jasmine playing in the packing paper ("Ooh, paper!  Crinkly!  Fun!  Mine!"), got some good video of Jasmine playing with the wand toy that Makena included (Thank you, Makena!), string still wrapped around it so it was really just the wand she was playing with
, completely missed her scratching the still disassembled scratcher, also (thank goodness) missed me assembling it with the base upside down
, and, once it was assembled, missed Jasmine giving it a proper try out -- I was still recovering from the assembly and the camera wasn't handy.  Since then Jasmine has been sleeping, except for a brief interactive exercise session with the new wand toy, which is now hidden from her so that she can't start playing with it on her own in the middle of the night.

I'll download the video and see whether I can get a few stills from it to post here sometime in the next few days.  I don't want to upload the video to YouTube just yet -- let that wait until I can catch Jasmine actually using the scratcher.

It really is a gorgeous piece of cat furniture, and I was right in thinking that the light oak goes well with my floors.  Thank you so much, @Bengalcatman.

Margret
I'm glad you like it! Can't wait to see the pictures and videos!