Separating a cat tree to trash

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure where to post this. After just a year, I need to trash it but am unsure how to take it apart. It as washers,screws I don't remember how I put it together but I need to take it apart. I know how to cook,clean,workout but not this

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the one I'm getting. Much nicer and not wobbly
Screenshot_20220614-195211_Gmail.jpg

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
L shaped tool was used it's not helping to undo
it was an allen wrench but from how it looks you can probably just trun/twist off the top perches to remove em do the same for the posts as well counter clock wise to loosen/clock wise to tighten or lefty loosey/ righty tighty was how my gf knows it by. if all else recruit a young man in your family to help you just rip it apart its only made from particle board the cat trees most anyways easy to just wiggle a bit then rip the components apart were they are screwed in or a good sturdy flat head screw deiver to pry em

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
it was an allen wrench but from how it looks you can probably just trun/twist off the top perches to remove em do the same for the posts as well counter clock wise to loosen/clock wise to tighten or lefty loosey/ righty tighty was how my gf knows it by. if all else recruit a young man in your family to help you just rip it apart its only made from particle board the cat trees most anyways easy to just wiggle a bit then rip the components apart were they are screwed in or a good sturdy flat head screw deiver to pry em
The perch is attached to the condo so there's nothing to unscrew by hand

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
FYI this is the tree I'm trashing. It became unsafe for my cat because she couldn't use the lower perch which is only way to get to top. Condo was too big for the platform. Not enough room to jump up

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MXVXLVR/?tag=thecatsite
The tree I had for 10 yrs which I'm getting is by go pet club

Last edited:

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don’t waste your time taking it apart with an Allen key. Take your frustrations out on it with a large hammer and a wrecking bar. Wear goggles, work gloves, long pants and closed toe shoes and do the work outside away from the cats. You don’t want them to get hurt.

That’s what I do to take apart similar items before hauling them to the dump.

Or, don’t take it apart at all. Bribe a friend who has a truck or trailer to help you haul it whole to the dump.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
No,but that would be cool! My mom's bringing a cordless drill tomorrow

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
In case anyone's wondering, my cats like it but don't get if you have more than one cat. Peaches sleeps on the bottom perch which is the only way Maggie can get to the top. Plus,the perch is not long enough for Maggie. I have to help her up. She is long and slender like a mini leopard