Sensative Subject!......Sex Question

tytybaby1208

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All our boys are fixed. Fluffy has been through enough in her life and she is finally feeling completely safe and sound and is just one of the gang now!! I NEVER thought she would ever become tame, as it is very rare and HARD work to tame a feral!! So since everyone is fixed and she only goes into heat like every other month and only a couple days and she is fine. Not like all my other girls, man with them I KNEW when it was time to get them fixed!!! But Fluffy is very quiet. She just rubs on everything and everyone!!
But here is my problem,,,,,Scootter, 2 years old, been fixed!! He is constantly doing you know what with Fluffy!!!!!!!! I thought when they got fixed their testosterone levels lower or whatever.
Basically, I have never ever seen or heard of this situation!! Anyone know anything about it?
It is soooo wierd!!!
Allison

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, even if neutered they still know they're boys. The few times I've had females in heat in the house, some of the neutered males will still try to mate with her (usually those neutered late in life, but sometimes even the boys who were neutered young!). It would be best for Fluffy to be spayed. The more times she goes into heat, the higher her chances for getting pyometra or mammary tumors.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!!!
The boys are acting this way because Fluffy is going in and out of heat cycles. Neutered or not, if a female cat is around and in heat, they will have that instinct to mate. Also, not having Fluffy spayed could lead to some spraying issues with the boys as well. I would definitely get Fluffy spayed asap. It would be better for her health too.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree with spaying her. What if she gets out? BTW I have seen Zak & Suzie doing something that looked a lot like sex and they are both fixed.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neutered msles will often try to mount females or even other males. It can be a dominance thing or triggered by hormones in the other cat. Or even a sign of affection!

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Boy-oh-boy, my Chief Joseph had been a breeder cat when he escaped his owner's house during their move and he lost one eye (their explanation). He ended up at the shelter (had ringworm they treated, severe eye infeciton, Giardia, etc.), but the point being (drr) they fixed him. (Long story on him, so I'll cut to the . . . sex!)

He must have been some breeder dude because he just really goes hard after one of my girls and the other 2 (but they both have medical issues and don't even want to play except on their own, so they hiss him off), lol.

But he, being recently neutered as a bit of an older guy (4, almost 5), he just latches on to poor little Squint and sometimes it seems to hard on her so I'll gently "Tschhh!" so he'll stop. She's so small for being an adult and I have no experience with breeding or cat sex (lol) and that; just always afraid he's going to snap her neck or something.

Anyways, I have a similar experience - just happened to babble on as is my way... sorry 'bout that!

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If need be trap her in a room in your house. I think ferals have a bad name really-I have tamed up more then a few 6 month-many years old...Patience and ignoring them at the times they are stressed is my key.