Senior Cat Peeing Blood

Moonstonelove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!
This morning when I came downstairs I noticed that one of my 5 cats had thrown up & then after cleaning that up I noticed a small puddle of blood near the bathroom where the litter boxes are. I narrowed it down to 3 of my cats since the other 2 were in bed with us all night but still couldn’t figure out out. Then as I was sweeping my floors I noticed 2 very small blood droplets near our staircase but nothing else anywhere. Just a few minutes ago our senior cat Milkshake went in the litter box & then went outside but came back in a few minutes later to go back in the litter box which I thought was off. So I decided let’s check the litter box well I was alarmed to see pee with blood on the end of it (I took a photo for the vet) She is now hiding under our bed but will come to me when I stick my hand under to pet her & ive seen her eating & drinking. I was reading it could be a UTI most likely but of course the vet has closed now so I can’t call them. Has anyone ever dealt with this before & should I be worried it’s something more? I’m going to call the vet first thing tomorrow to have her seen so we can get down to the bottom of this but I’m worried.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It could be a UTI, or other urinary issue. Probably not an emergency since she is peeing. the emergency arises if she is NOT peeing. You should be ok to wait until the Vet is open unless she stops peeing and is in obvious distress :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moonstonelove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It could be a UTI, or other urinary issue. Probably not an emergency since she is peeing. the emergency arises if she is NOT peeing. You should be ok to wait until the Vet is open unless she stops peeing and is in obvious distress :alright:
She actually just peed but it was a tiny amount & then she went to the litter again & was standing there for a while & just a drop came out. The one I took a picture of was a normal pee size but now they are smaller blood droplets. I have noticed she is drinking a lot more than normal too. She is still hitting her brother when he bugs her but she definitely is not acting liked her normal self not that she is super active being a senior cat but she would be sitting on the couch with us & she is sitting on the floor. I feel terrible for her

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moonstonelove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
how is she now? Did you get to the Vet today?
I was able to get her seen yesterday by the vet & he did a urine culture & she has a UTI but no crystals thank god!! He gave her an anti inflammatory & antibiotic which seems to be helping. She did pee outside the litter box when she got home & it was a lot but with no blood in it. She also slept with us last night which she wasn’t doing the previous 2 nights & when I checked the litter this morning I didn’t see any pee outside the box or blood. So I’m hoping we are on the mend over here! Thank you for checking in on us! ❤