Senior Cat Losing Weight

Belle's Dad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is 19 years old now and is down to 6 pounds. I would feed her Fancy Feast wet food after trying everything else (all brands, types, everything) but she would only eat about 1/3 or 1/4 of a can of about 6 cans a day and losing weight. Tried everything. Checked out Tiny Tigers, and tried the extra gravy and now she is leaving only about 1/4 or less of the can. I don't care about how many cans she wants as she is 19 but glad she is holding at 6 pounds now. ALSO a plus that I live rural and still can get Chew delivery in around 1 day. That's wild. I will try the pate next

Last edited by a moderator:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My cat is 19 years old now and is down to 6 pounds. I would feed her Fancy Feast wet food after trying everything else (all brands, types, everything) but she would only eat about 1/3 or 1/4 of a can of about 6 cans a day and losing weight. Tried everything. Checked out Tiny Tigers, and tried the extra gravy and now she is leaving only about 1/4 or less of the can. I don't care about how many cans she wants as she is 19 but glad she is holding at 6 pounds now. ALSO a plus that I live rural and still can get Chew delivery in around 1 day. That's wild. I will try the pate next
Hi! When you say she is down to 6 pounds, how much weight has she lost, and over what period of time? And, to echo Furballsmom Furballsmom , when was she last at the vet's for a geriatric check up?

What do you mean by eating 1/3 or 1/4 of a can of about 6 cans a day? Like, maybe, she doesn't like food if it is already opened? Please give us more information so that we can help if possible.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I third the statement that she needs to have a Vet checkup. So many things could be causing this weight loss and loss of appetite. I've been there with a couple of my seniors and there was a medical reason :frown:.