Senior adopted a Senior!

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!
First time cat owner here. I adopted a senior Calico from a shelter. Her owner had passed away and there she was in a tiny suite curled up in a ball.
She was mine the moment I saw her.
She has been home now for 2 weeks, and although not having an appetite at the shelter, got a good wellness check and bloodwork from my own vet.
Now she is starting to come out of her shell, but has an ATTITUDE ! She was spoiled rotten for sure.(very bossy).

I have posted a few times on the site here and also am getting an education reading others' posts.
Pleased to meet you all!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
A1565852-8B9E-4215-B5D2-139833E02D3D$L0$001~photo.gif
Granola and new kitty, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
83b628873c7a2419b34230feadd8daf9.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting this senior kitty from the shelter and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home.

Do post photos of her for us to see! :camera::camera::camera:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Since you you are a new cat owner, do read the articles below to orientate yourself on taking care of a cat.

bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669
how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
senior-cats
common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
first-aid-for-cats.22464
cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi GranolaLouise GranolaLouise and a very warm welcome to the forum !

Senior & Senior - sounds like a compatible combination to me.........you and I already have a couple of, ahhh... 'commonalities'!

Now, a little bit of 'TCS business': it's already been 8 days that you two have been around these parts......and you haven't yet paid one pixel of our customary Kitty Tax! And, worse still, she remains "A Senior", "She", "her", "Senior Calico" and "My adopted cat".

None of this will do.......she can neither remain covert nor anonymous. So, you need to pay up and cough up (her name, that is) !

It's great to have you 'on board'.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi GranolaLouise GranolaLouise and a very warm welcome to the forum !

Senior & Senior - sounds like a compatible combination to me.........you and I already have a couple of, ahhh... 'commonalities'!

Now, a little bit of 'TCS business': it's already been 8 days that you two have been around these parts......and you haven't yet paid one pixel of our customary Kitty Tax! And, worse still, she remains "A Senior", "She", "her", "Senior Calico" and "My adopted cat".

None of this will do.......she can neither remain covert nor anonymous. So, you need to pay up and cough up (her name, that is) !

It's great to have you 'on board'.
Her name is GranolaLouise!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think when cats are adopted, they are kinda like human kids, pushing the edges to see -- if I do this do you still want me? If I do this are you going to throw me out? Or it may just be her figuring you and the new rules out. Every household has different rules.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That's so nice of you! Welcome to TCS!