Send vibes for Molly & her babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A pregnant female came into the shelter. She had 5 kittens last week Friday. Mom (Molly) & all of her babies now have a URI. The runt is cold & can't meow. The foster Mom is doing her best, but the vets keep telling me there is nothing more we can do (Mom is on Amoxi). So now please send vibes for Moly & her 6 kittens.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to read this. I hope Molly and her kittens feel better soon.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sending a lot of vibes!

Hissy had the other day a wonderful tip what to try to do with weak kitten on downhill.
Shall look it up and write a link in a moment.

*lotsa vibes!!!*

The Hissy comment "
"First thing to do is keep this little one warm. Really warm (please look at this website www.kitten-rescue.com for ideas) If it is fading, mom will abandon it or ignore it, so you need to be the mom now. Feed every two hours round the clock (I know hard to do when you work) but perhaps you can create a snugglepack (I use a pillow case and whip stitch a cord around the opened side, put soft towels or rags inside, slip the little one in the pillow case, drape it around my arm and neck and the little one rests against my beating heart and gets the benefit of my body's warmth. I slip a long sleeve, baggy shirt on and go about my day.

You can also try giving the kitten just a small drop of Karo Syrup light colored not dark to see if that helps. If kitty starts to fade, have some room temperature coffee nearby and give him a few drops to see if that jump-starts his heart.

Raggdolls are susceptible to HCM (Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy) perhaps that is what has your kitty right now, or perhaps it's FKS (fading kitten syndrome) and sometimes, there isn't anything you can do but make the little one as comfortable as possible.

Good luck"

Observe, if the kitten is cold, it is not enough to wrap it warm. It must get some warmth from the outside too. Your body temp, a lamp nearby, or best electrical warm cushion, or something alike. (although not too much either).
Warmth is important, if not warm, it looses forces etc... going quickly down.

good luck *vibes*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread can now be closed as all 6 babies have now crossed over the bridge. I have posted in the Rainbow Bridge Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.