Semi-feral cat only eats dairy. Can't get her to eat wet or dry cat food.

sallyfry

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She came from a trailer park, so I assume that people just gave her milk to drink rather than buy cat food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sallyfry

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you try introducing tiny amounts of either canned or dry into the milk?
I'm mixing one of the Fancy Feast canned medleys into the milk; it has small pieces of meat in a creamy sauce. Again, she'll lick the sauce off and leave the meat. She eats around the pieces and leaves them in the bowl. She has four kittens with her and they are eating canned food just fine. I'm going to try one of the kitten glop recipes with goat milk and baby meat in it and see if she'll eat that to get used to the taste of the meat. Also going to try one of the Acute Nutrition canned foods from Hills or Purina to see if she'll fall for that. I was beginning to think she had issues with her teeth, but she hisses at me whenever I go near and I don't see anything major going on with her mouth!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How about kitten formula? Will she eat that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sallyfry

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How about kitten formula? Will she eat that?
She laps up the PetAg kitten milk when it is mixed up, but if I pour it over meat or kibble, she leaves the hard stuff. I may try her on some canned tuna, which I don't usually feed, but I'm trying to think of what people in the trailer park may have put out for her. I'm going to try everything, stopping short of catching her a mouse!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She laps up the PetAg kitten milk when it is mixed up, but if I pour it over meat or kibble, she leaves the hard stuff. I may try her on some canned tuna, which I don't usually feed, but I'm trying to think of what people in the trailer park may have put out for her. I'm going to try everything, stopping short of catching her a mouse!
The PetAg will be great to ensure she's getting the nutrition she needs then.

You could also try some plain grilled or boiled chicken or turkey. Or perhaps some freeze dried food?

Another trick I've done is tossed something through a blender.