Semi-Feral Cat Has Mats

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my barn kitties, she's about 6 yrs old fluffed out beautifully for the winter. She looked like a lion with the full mane except she is black. Anyways, this is the first year that its matted around her ears and under her chin. She usually lets me lightly pet her when I am armed with treats. She doesn't allow me to pick her up. I have never had to work on mats on her. Some of the others, who are friendlier and more tolerant of me, allow me to trim the mats from them when guided with a comb. I'm not sure how I am going to get her un matted. I don't want to stress her out to trap her and then have the Vet shave the area, its not too bad, just about as big as a black olive. Do you think the mat will work itself out? Its so strange that ever since I've cared for her, as a slightly young feral, she never matted, then this year she did.

my cat moose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Put extra virgin olive oil in a spray bottle and spray on hair it'll male tangles come.out easy, I have a long hair blue siamese mix cat he ocassionally will tangle depending on what my special needs son decides to put in his hair and it's completely safe if the cat licks it as well! Hope this helps you dear!!!!!and good luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put extra virgin olive oil in a spray bottle and spray on hair it'll male tangles come.out easy, I have a long hair blue siamese mix cat he ocassionally will tangle depending on what my special needs son decides to put in his hair and it's completely safe if the cat licks it as well! Hope this helps you dear!!!!!and good luck
Thank you. I'll give it a try during feeding time.