seizures

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
my 13 year old cat lily rose that lives at my moms has seizures once in awhile and i am not sure how she got them ?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it could be from age, a birth defect, or from head trauma. She definitely should be under a vet's care, they often can be stopped with proper medication. If it's age-related it still may be helped with medication, but either way, she should see a vet before they progress to being a lot worse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
my mom does not have a way to pay the vet or to get to the vet either . she is disabled and doesnt get around that good

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Are you sure they are seizures? What do they look like, how often do they happen, and how long have they been going on? How does it impact lily rose's eating/drinking/litter box usage? How is lily rose's health otherwise?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes please give us a little more..... you might research it on the internet and see what is recommended. There may be even supplements that would help. It would also help to know if she has had them all her life or just recently. Are they mild or catastrophic?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There may be a low cost vet clinic your mom could take the ca to. Could a neighbor or relative help your mom get to a vet? Is there any transportation services for seniors and the disabled in your mom's area? Your mom could also look into a vet who does house calls and work out a payment plan. Could you help your mom with vet bills?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
she shakes really bad and runs into objects during the seizures . but once she is ok she talks to everyone in the house telling them about her little fits .... her overall health is good and her fur is healthy too . my mom takes good care of my baby girl for me

Attachments