Seeking treats for cat with IBS & missing teeth

Keelylarre

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My adult cat Oliver has IBS and he has also had a few teeth pulled so it’s not possible for him to eat hard food. He eats special formulated wet food that is either duck or “Arctic char” for his IBS.

I was hoping someone could recommend treats that are both soft for his teeth and good for his irritable stomach.

I attached a picture of Oliver for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mowgli has IBD, food allergies, and no teeth except for those at the very front. The others were extracted due to FORLs. We give him all meat (usually duck) jerky cut or broken into tiny pieces as treats. I worry about jerky and salmonella, so I don't buy anything imported. I haven't found any soft commercial treats that have just ingredients he can eat. He's quite satisfied with the jerky or little bits of soft cheese or leftover unseasoned roast, though.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Minish goes crazy for raw meat. I'm afraid to base her diet on raw but I cut fresh meat into tiny pieces (green lentil size) and put them in the freezer. After a couple of weeks, I bring out a few, when they get defrosted, I feed her from my finger (she likes to be pampered that way). Gulped instantly!

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I gave my Krissy who also had IBD freeze dried treats, called Pure Bites. Pure meat freeze dried bites and she loved them. Her novel protein was turkey so the treats were turkey too, you want to stay with the single protein for him.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Freeze dried treats are good. Many brands have novel proteins. I use Northwest Naturals in bison liver. Many freeze dried treats can be rehydrated in water for a softer texture.