Seeing Echoes or Double Avatars while using Quote feature

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure how to explain this, but lately I am seeing 'double avatars' of members' names, when I use the 'quote feature'. :eek2:
It's like an echo.
(If I use Preview function, then I can usually go in and delete the 'extra text',....but I find this a little bit of a hassle. :cloudy::lol:)

Could you perhaps take a look at it?

echoes from quoting....seeing double.jpg

echoes happening while quoting.jpg

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I can report it to the Admins so they can have a look at it. Is it all in the same thread? It's hard to tell from your screenshots. Which thread?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I can report it to the Admins so they can have a look at it. Is it all in the same thread? It's hard to tell from your screenshots. Which thread?
Yes, this thread...
Cat intros at a standstill
Post #88, Post #35

It could have to do with the way I use the 'quote' feature.
I read through a post, highlight only the parts I want to address, then hit (+quote).....various times, throughout that post.
When I am prepared to reply, it will give me "mutiple quotes" at the bottom, so I just add all of them to my reply post....and type in my message.

But I have seen this from other members, as well.
And just thought it was a glitch, and would sort itself out.

I thought I saw it in other threads, but really don't remember which ones.
Maybe not, though, since I really did not mark it.
thanks

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is another example of the double avatars, but from another member's thread, yet not the actual thread where I first noticed it.
Getting surgery tomorrow...
Post #16
jem's thread with double avatars....having tags within the quotes.jpg

I'm guessing, here, ...but possibly this is happening because there are 'tagged members' within the quote, and for some reason when we do an actual multi quote, the system just likes to 'double up' on the member's name.
Maybe that will help the Admins figure it out.

It doesn't look terrible, ...just a little strange. :)
Sort of like repeating a person's name...or emphasizing it.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! I was about to post that I've noticed it too, but no need as you used me as an example!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Jem Jem ...I seriously had to go looking around the Site, since I was pretty sure that I had seen it before, and thought it was all over the place. But no....it's not everywhere. :hmmm:
Then I figured, okay....maybe look for someone who uses quotes with tags in them. That was still kind of hard to find. But it was bugging me that I couldn't remember who it was, or where I happened to see it.

I'm so glad that Lari Lari and M maggiedemi posted that they noticed it, too.
It kind of made me feel better that I was not the only one, ...doing weird quotes and things. :cool:

But now, I think I'll miss seeing it, if it's an easy fix,... since this 'little imperfection' or 'glitch' reminds me of my eye glasses, or the unique feature of an actual echo.
Oh, well...strange how things seem irritating at first, and then we get used to them, eventually. :blush:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
The "doubles" are also happening with 'photos', when highlighting a member's post, clicking (+quote), and then hitting preview.

It's easier to remove the photos, though, since I just....right-click... 'unlink'... and use the 'trashcan' feature to delete the second photo.
(I don't usually copy photos,...unless it's on to the next page of a thread...so as to not have to go back pages, to see the photo, again.

Basically, I'm thinking it all has to do with 'images' being 'doubled'.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Can you let us know if you are still seeing this. We think it may be fixed.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I was just trying to see if I could get some more 'screenshots' and show what the extra script looks like.
Only happens when I quote someone who is "tagged" with the @ symbol....or photos.
AbbysMom AbbysMom

Yes, i still see it, ....just this past Wednesday.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I was just trying to see if I could get some more 'screenshots' and show what the extra script looks like.
Only happens when I quote someone who is "tagged" with the @ symbol....or photos.
AbbysMom AbbysMom

Normal way of quoting, using the 'quote feature' at the bottom.

When you hit quote at the bottom of page, the above is what you get.

AbbysMom AbbysMom AbbysMom AbbysMom

Only when I "highlight" certain parts of a post, and then hit the "quote" pop up.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the extra script that I see, and then just go in and take it out. (like Lari Lari did before)

Screenshot of extra script.
seeing double avatars.jpg

(ETA: I think I need some more coffee....since I'm not sure what I'm seeing anymore. AbbysMom AbbysMom ):wink::drinking:

Last edited: