Secret Santa Sign-ups 2012!!- sign-ups are over! recipients e-mailed out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and the moment you've all been waiting for!! :santa:

Please read the following before sending your email:

In order to participate, you must:
1. Be serious about participating and committed to sending out your gift. If you are either logistically or financially unable to ship your gift to arrive in time for December 25th, please do not sign up. Or maybe even the 20th since the world is supposed end on the 21st. :bigwink: *
2. Be at least 18 years old as of the close of registration.
3. Have 300 or more posts by August 27th, 2012 (today).
4. Been a member for 6 months as of the close of registration (in other words have registered in March 2012 or earlier).
5. In the interest of fairness and familiarity, you must have made at the minimum 15 posts between March 1st, 2012 and August 1st, 2012.
6. OR be a Subscribing Member, which would overrule #3, #4 and #5. There will be NO exceptions to these rules.

*Please note: Except for extraordinary circumstances, such as natural disasters, if gifts are not received by your recipient in a timely manner, or at all, you will not be eligible to participate in the future.

You have until September 24th, 2012 to sign up. No further registrations will be allowed after that date

To sign up, please send an email to [email protected].

In your email please include the following, keeping in mind that what you type will be sent to your SS as a kind of "starter package":

~TCS Username
~Real Name
~Mailing Address
~Are you willing to ship overseas / to another country?
~Hints for your Secret Santa, including but not limited to: t-shirt size, favorite color, food / fragrance likes / dislikes, anything you collect (within the price range), your kitty's likes / dislikes, and any other hints you think would be helpful.

We will send you confirmation (from the above email address) that we received your email. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 days, please resend your information.

Each person will receive one member as their Secret Santa recipient. You will receive an email with your recipient's information within a few days after sign ups have ended.

The upper price limit is $15-20 USD, NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING. As of August 27th, 2012, this converts to: 14.44–19.25 AUD, 14.87–19.82 CAD, 12.99-15.99 EUR, 9.49–12.65 GBP. Check here http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/ for additional currency conversions. Please note: this amount isn't set in stone; it's just mentioned here as a guideline. It's normal for people to spend more, but no one is obligated to.

A note about shipping: You should check your shipping options for the destination as soon as you have your SS name, so that you can make the best decision about when and how to ship - for instance, the "slow boat" option for overseas shipping is no longer offered by USPS, so you'll have more time to shop, but it will cost more to ship overseas. There may be other changes, too, so be sure to check well in advance. You can request a certain kind of shipping, but there is no guarantee that it will be used due to availability, price, etc.

Thank you and let's have a WONDERFUL Secret Santa this year!!!

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Should I be concerned, that, I haven't heard back from Katiemae1277 yet
?

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No not yet sometimes it can take a day or two. If you are concerned send her a pm :) 

I have heard back :D

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking of passing this year. It seems like I'm a jinx, and my recipients disappear after they receive their gifts!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking of passing this year. It seems like I'm a jinx, and my recipients disappear after they receive their gifts!
They just figure it can't get any better, so they'll quit while they're ahead.

Unfortunately there always seem to be a few members who just visit enough to fulfill the conditions for SS, then disappear till the following year.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!!!!  
I'm still here!! I admit, I did kinda disappear after the holiday season 2 years ago but only because we were helping my MIL with her tax business. You are an awesome SS so I hope you will reconsider! 

Status
Not open for further replies.