Secret Santa Hints Thread 2011!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone should have their e-mails telling them who they have as their recipient

If you need help with what to buy once getting your name and seeing the hints, you can post more questions here. If the person you are buying for does not answer the questions, you can PM one of our snooping santas to ask them to post. The snoopers are here to help you.

ETA - for those of you that don't have the time to answer all at once, the questions are broken up into categories so it will be easier to answer sections at a time.

Snooping Santas
CoolCat - Super Snooper
-_aj_-
Kailie
JazzyTheCat

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food?
Favorite types of chocolate?
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?
Do you like flavored coffee or tea?
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites?
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts?
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies?
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?
Do you like to cook and/or bake?
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like?

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions?
Do you paint your nails? What tones?
Do you prefer bath or shower products?
What scents do you like best?
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.?
What's your favorite perfume or body spray?

GENERAL

What is your favorite color?
Any colors that you don't like?
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones?
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds
Do you like homemade gifts?
Do you live in a house or an apartment??
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy?
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts?
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas?
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils?

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?
Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
what is your decorating style?
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?
Do any of your rooms have special themes?
Do you burn candles?
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present?
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors?
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)?

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches?
Do you collect anything?
We should also include our fav types of movies, music and books!
Movies:
Music:
Books:

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player?
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading?
Are you into crafts? What kinds?

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?
Do you like jewelry? What kinds?
What size shirt do you wear?
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses?
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift?
What is your shoe/sock size?

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided?
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind?
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs?
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Uh Katie? It's 2011, not 2001!
(Been sending out too many emails lately I see)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Uh Katie? It's 2011, not 2001!
(Been sending out too many emails lately I see)
told you my hand was numb
good thing I'm a mod

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2001?!? Are we going back in time?

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? I LOOOOOOOVE sweets, chocolates, candies (especially sour candies) and I am also addicted to salted sunflower seeds in the shell.
Favorite types of chocolate? Love all chocolate but favorite is dark chocolate.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Love them all but only use the K-Cups now for the Keurig.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Yes, but see above.
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Usually prefer sweets other than the salted sunflower seeds.

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? Nope!
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Absolutely!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Shortbread or anything with chocolate in them.
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Not into coconut or raisins.
Do you like to cook and/or bake? Nope.

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? Not really, not a cooking type of person.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Anything fruity!
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Sure do, love all colors!
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Bath!
What scents do you like best? Anything fruity, not into florals at all.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Wouldn't mind a cute headband! My hair is only chin length so ties wouldn't work.
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Again, anything fruity! No real favorite.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Pink!
Any colors that you don't like? Not too into yellow.
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Vibrant
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? I'm up for anything!
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? No allergies but not into floral scents.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 30
Do you like homemade gifts? Absolutely!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? House
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Having a nice bubble bath, wine, sweets!
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? LOVE anything cats!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Nope, totally open!
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? RIGHT AWAY! Darksider through and through.
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Sure!

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? The walls are all a pretty boring off white.
Kitchen - No theme
Living area - No theme
Bathrooms- An ugly yellow tile!

bedrooms - No theme
what is your decorating style? I really don't have one right now. I have a lot of kitty things throughout the house though.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solids
Do any of your rooms have special themes? Other than cats, nope.
Do you burn candles? Sometimes!
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? We don't bother with decorations. We usually spend Christmas at family members homes, and with all of the cats, they usually end up destroyed if we try.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Not really, where they probably wouldn't get used.
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? See above.

Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Sure, any color!

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! I will occasionally make beaded jewellery to help raise money for my foster kitties.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? No
Do you collect anything? Just kitty stuff! Dana says I collect purses...

Movies: Horror, anything with lots of blood and guts, but my all time favorite movie is Labyrinth!
Music: Sooo eclectic in my musical tastes. I'll pretty much listen to anything except country or rap.
Books: I have a Kobo, so I only read ebooks now. Love a good fiction, anything with a good storyline.

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? MP3 Player
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Not if it's a used ebook!

What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Not too into magazines.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Jewellery making.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? LOVE earrings but usually make my own. I am allergic to anything with nickel in it.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? All kinds really.
What size shirt do you wear? Large
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? All of the above?
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Sure!
What is your shoe/sock size? 9

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 10 cats, 2 rats and 2 fish. None of them are picky, but they're all different, and if someone won't eat/play with one thing, there's always someone here who will!
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? Nope
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Nope!
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? No
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? We have lots of different kinds here.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Again, with as many cats as we have here, probably all of the above!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Pizza? I'm a picky eater!
Favorite types of chocolate? Milk or minty
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Not really
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? None
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Sweet!
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? Nope
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Yes
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Oatmeal!
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Nope
Do you like to cook and/or bake? I suck at cooking.

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? Can't cook, so no

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? I'm very sensitive -
Do you paint your nails? What tones? No
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Don't care
What scents do you like best? Cinnamon, floral/fruity - not strong
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Yes for the first time in years, I have longer hair!
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? None

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? PINK!
Any colors that you don't like? No
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Vibrant, obnoxious ones
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Not that I can think of
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? No candles, Lola Foofy Tail likes fire, it looks pretty.

How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds Approx 25 y/o
Do you like homemade gifts? Yes
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? A nice fleecy blanket
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? Heck no - I fully intend for my house to look like a crazy cat lady's! Love cat decorations!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Not that I can think of
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I'm yet undecided
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? I love kitty notepads, pens, et

DECORATING - Can't answer many of these yet, gimme a few weeks
Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
Do you burn candles? No - see above comment
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Not really
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Yes
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yes, any color!

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Does caring for cats count?

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? No - they drive me nuts!

Do you collect anything? Cats! Cat stuff, etc
Movies:
Music:
Books:

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? No
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I don't really read any
Are you into crafts? What kinds? No

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? No
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? No
What size shirt do you wear? Medium - Large (I'm a bit taller)
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? tshirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? I love paisley prints
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Sure
What is your shoe/sock size? Size 9 - 10

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! A whole heck of a lot of cats! They'll eat almost anything. 3 dogs - 90# Lab, 70# Lab, 15# Bichon Frise (Izzy the Bichon is my life!)
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? With as many as I have - I can put pretty much anything to use.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) I must be cautious of very small/potentially edible toys - Lola has a knack for eating things she shouldn't sometimes.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I own a furminator, several combs (wide toothed, fine toothed, & flea combs) as well as several brushes.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? They like them all!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Italian! And chocolate!
Favorite types of chocolate? Milk is my favorite, but I also eat dark in small quantities. Never was a big fan of white chocolate.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate, yum!
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? I don't usually drink either.
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Both! I like nuts, chocolates, fruit snacks, and one day wanna try Tim Tams

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? Nope!
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Yes
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Chocolate chip/chunk, sugar cookies, cinnamon sugar cookies...
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Not a fan of baked in fruit
Do you like to cook and/or bake? Yes
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? Love cookbooks. None in particular - usually I'm an impulse buyer on those when I see one that has some good stuff in it!

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Vanilla!
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Yes. All sorts of colors, and mix and match a lot.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Either. Now that I'm using my huge tub more often bath is good, but I also use my shower a lot and love to smell pretty!
What scents do you like best? Vanilla, lavender, light floral scents (none that are overpowering)
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Hair ties. Not very versed in Girly 101 when it comes to barrettes!
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Lemon Sugar by "mark." and Freesia.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Blue and red
Any colors that you don't like? Not really
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Depends on what its for, but pretty much like all colors.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Tim Tams!!!! (if you have them!); something souvenir-ish or particular to your country.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Nope.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 24
Do you like homemade gifts? Sure, they are thoughtful!
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Soft blankets, chocolate, books.
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I LOVE cat themed stuff.
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Nothing religious or kid related

Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I'm a dark sider at heart, but will also take my SS's requests to heart as well.
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? I am an office supply ADDICT! I would have a room full of it if I could still be deemed sane, so yes!

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? Plain white
Kitchen white
Living area white
Bathrooms white
bedrooms white
what is your decorating style? I don't have one
I find pretty things and find a place to put them.

Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? More of a solids person
Do any of your rooms have special themes? Our bathroom has a cat theme to it, the guest bathroom has a dragonfly theme, and my pole room has an aerial arts studio theme.
Do you burn candles? Yes!
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Yes we do. Secular as neither of us are religious.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Sure! I'm starting a collection.
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? Its a white pre-lit tree with random ornaments acquired over the years.
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yes! Any color.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Pole dancing, aerial hoop, aerial silks, gymnastics, drag racing, reading, photography, writing.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? LOVE word searches.
Do you collect anything? Cat stuff, key chains, ornaments
Movies: Comedy and horror
Music: All kinds pretty much, though I don't listen to classical or jazz much outside my grandma's house, and I dont listen to gospel.
Books: Cat books, stuff by Jodi Picoult, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, James Patterson, Steve Martini, Dorothea Benton Frank, etc

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? Yes
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Not at all
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Cosmo and car mags
Are you into crafts? What kinds? I'm horrible at crafts, though I've been trying my hand at [sad] scrap booking for a few years.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? I have pierced ears, no I'm not allergic to any metals.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? Sure. Body jewelry, earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets.
What size shirt do you wear? Small/Med
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? T-shirts usually
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid or cat prints
What is your shoe/sock size? Shoes are size US 7-8

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! I have 3 cats. They will eat almost ANY treats (and if one of them doesnt eat a certain kind, one of the other 2 will!). They love feather toys, cat nip toys, and some that can be carried around.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? Nope
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Nope
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? Nero and Neko both have orange safety cat collars.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I have a blue mitt brush and some kind of self-cleaning bristle brush.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Catnip for sure. Do not know about the others.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Chocolate.
Favorite types of chocolate? Milk. Will eat Dark, but only if flavored with something. One of my weaknesses is Vosges' Mo's Bacon Bar.... oh man.... BUT NOT CARAMEL... blech.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Yes. All three.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Tea, I like simple, but always willing to try new things. Except caramel. Coffee: vanilla... I got sick of mochas.
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? I'll eat darn near anything. Prefer sweet over salty, but I like both.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? Nope. I'm pretty easy.
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Maaaayyyybbbeeeee... if you can make successful SOFT Chocolate Crinkles, I would love you forever... those are a two-person baking job... and I'm the only human here.
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? See previous question. If the cookie is soft, I'm happy. I'm rarely a crunchy cookie person.
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Nope. Again... I'm pretty easy.
Do you like to cook and/or bake? Yes. I have a too-well-stocked kitchen, for its size.
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I have plenty, but if there's one out there for cooking things with plain yogurt instead of other options... I'm game.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Vanilla or lavender ... but I'm not a huge lotion person... i.e. I have enough to last me until I'm 80.
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Purple. Hot pink.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Not really... I'm a quick-shower person...
What scents do you like best? Vanilla or lavender... but again... I have enough of that kind of stuff, that I barely use.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? My hair is super-short, so almost never. I do like good funky hats, though.
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? None of the above... I get enough of it when I step into an elevator after someone who's bathed in perfume... *cough*hack*cough*blech*

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Purple.
Any colors that you don't like? bright yellows, greens and oranges...
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Vibrant.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? TIM TAMS! If not, something just unique from where you're from.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? anything with a strong fake scent. Especially if it's a fake floral scent... blech.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds? I'm proud of my age. I'll be 39 on October 2nd. When I hit 40 next year, watch out, baby!!
Do you like homemade gifts? Yes. As long as it's not 'country kitsch' I'm more of a contemporary girl.
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? Apartment. A crowded apartment. Lots of books and fabric... and penguins and rubber duckies (although the duckies get banished to the bathroom, they aren't allowed out of there)
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Chocolate and a good warm blanket... but I have plenty of those.
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I don't mind them... especially if they're funny.
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? ***NO kitschy/country stuff.*** I'm also not a huge red/green Christmas person. I do a blue/silver theme for Christmas.
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I'm a dark-sider... that box gets opened as soon as I set it down in my apartment!!
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Yes, but again, I have a lot of that kind of stuff (college student).

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? I tend to do bold red accents of things. I'm an IKEA nut. Red seems to stay prevalent throughout, except the bathroom... which is all yellow and blue because of the duckies and my beloved 10 year old fabric shower curtain with chenille rubber duckies...
Kitchen: red, silver/chrome
Living area: A mix of everything... most accents are red or black... with other stuff mixed in.
Bathrooms: See above. Yellow and blue, due to the duckies...
bedrooms: a hodge-podge of colors... anything goes...
what is your decorating style? contemporary/modern. Think of the majority of IKEA stuff, and you pretty much have it. Simple, clean lines, no fussy stuff. Solid colors.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solids... some geometrics are cool... hate florals. unless they're really funky... and I mean REALLY funky.
Do any of your rooms have special themes? Bathroom: duckies. The rest of my place is a mix of fairly simple stuff, with some antique stuff. I have a brass incense burner (big, like the ones Orthodox churches use), that I'm going to turn into a hanging lamp, silver/pewter candlesticks... but mostly a mix of stuff.
Do you burn candles? Yes, sometimes.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? A mix of both. I don't like the red/green Christmas stuff... my little fake tree is silver. I put blue ornaments on it.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Sometimes, but I rarely get to put my tree up, due to space, so they'd just sit in a box mostly.
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? Blue and silver.
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? purple, red, other jewel tones.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies? Writing, facebook games, sewing, costuming, researching family history in Switzerland, photography.......
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Not particularly.
Do you collect anything? Dragons, penguins, wolves, kitty stuff, books, music....
Movies: Science fiction and fantasy
Music: anything. Literally.
Books: see movies.

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? Yes. an iPod shuffle. 2nd generation.
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Nope... got lots of those!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? sewing, home organizing, geneology research, for writers...
Are you into crafts? What kinds? see initial list of hobbies... oh yeah, and I make leather stuff and jewelry.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? After a bad staph infection, I no longer have pierced ears... I don't think. It was from a new allergy to a metal, but I'm not sure which. I may be able to use the holes, but don't have any earrings with surgical steel posts. really not crazy about playing with fire again on that, though...
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? necklaces... something funky or ethnic. I used to have a black ring I wore on my middle finger, but lost the ********** ring. the kind of material it was makes them more $$$, so I think they're out of the budget range for SS. (but if you really want to try, has to be all black, and would be a 6.5 or 7)
What size shirt do you wear? L/XL... I have these things called b***s... they make it difficult for me to find tops that fit right.
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? Snarky/warped t-shirts or sweatshirts.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solids... please.
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Soft, fluffy lounge socks... bring 'em on!! (someone furry and tri-color keeps hiding mine)
What is your shoe/sock size? 6.5/7

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!
Two long hair girl kitties. JoJo has that silky single coat, so she gets hairballs... while Portia has the double coat and mats if you blink.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? JoJo has a wheat/grain allergy. Portia does love greenies, but they have wheat, so JoJo is only allowed a couple while they're out for Portia de-matting sessions.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) we're not that big on noisy stuff... both girls love the RDoD (Red Dot of Doom)
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? Nope. My front door opens to an indoor hallway, so we're pretty safe.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? a Furminator for JoJo. Portia HATES it. She has a little brush... want to get a de-matting comb/brush that's gentle on her skin... she hates being groomed... hence the greenies.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? We have enough catnip to last us a LONG time. There was something in a Maru video though... a Silvervine stick, I think that's what it was. I know they're huge in Japan. I'd love to see how the girls react to that.

Okay, bring on the additional questions...

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
FOOD

I prefer not to receive food from my ss.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? I love B&B Works Cherry Blossom, Sea Island Cotton, and Midnight Pomegranate OR Victoria's Secret Love Spell.
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Yes - toenails. Mostly pink and red. I love sparkles.

Do you prefer bath or shower products? Shower
What scents do you like best? Same as lotions
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? small scrunchies only and I like black or brown only
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Same as lotions & body washes

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Girly colors - pink, purple, blues - nothing "electric"
Any colors that you don't like? depends really on what we are talking about. If it is colors for my home - I use earthy tones. If it is colors for clothing, I can't use anything in light green or yellow.
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Earth tones
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Something from their country would be neat!
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? I don't like "musk" smell and nothing really strong or "tree" related like Pine or Evergreen. Honestly, I only use Victoria's Secret or B&B works for body care and burn Yankee or Colonial at Home candles. I am not asking my ss to get me those...but I probably won't use something if it is not those brands/scents. I just don't want anyone to waste their money on me. I hope that doesn't sound super snotty...I just know what I like scent wise/brand wise in those two categories and anything else usually ends up getting tossed or not used.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds Early thirties
Do you like homemade gifts? I LOVE them!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? A house
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Fuzzy fleece pjs, soft blankets, fuzzy socks and slippers
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? Cat themed is great!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Other than the generic brand body lotions or candles, nope.
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I can do either. My SS can write his/her wishes on the package if they like. I will be a good girl and follow them.

Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? I homeschool, so I love that sort of stuff! My favorite is purple or green ink.

DECORATING
Kitchen I decorate with Roosters - Red/Green/Brown colors
Living area Fall Colors - chocolate brown and white with red, sage, and light brown accents
Bathrooms We have 3 - one is lavendar and sage, one is gray and light green, and the other is blue and brown
bedrooms - brown, tan, and blue
what is your decorating style? I don't know! ROFL! I like French country and do that in my downstairs. The upstairs is more "southern charm" but definitely not country. I have roosters as a theme throughout one level of the house.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? If anything, a checked pattern...but not really and definitely not floral.
Do any of your rooms have special themes? Roosters
Do you burn candles? Yes
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? It doesn't matter
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Sure.

Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? The tree in my dining room area is decorated with the rooster/chicken/farm theme. My other tree is a handmade/collected over the years/collage or sorts.
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Love them. Muted earth tones - not bright or bold colors....can you say, "cat hair." LOL

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! I love to read, write, shop...
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? No
Do you collect anything? Not really. I do have a few Willow Tree Figurines
Movies: I love Christmas movies, but have most of them
Music: Contemporary Christian. Mercy Me, Third Day, Casting Crowns, and so many more
Books: I have a paper back swap account and get most of my books that way

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? Yes
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Nope...most of my books are used..I just don't like ones that smell like smoke.
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I don't read them much, but would probably enjoy Cat Fancy or a family oriented magazine.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Not really

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Yes, but I don't wear ear-rings
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I love necklace pendants and charms. No gold colored jewelry though.
What size shirt do you wear? Medium-Large, but not "fitted"
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? T-shirts or Sweatshirts. I like sweatshirts big - so size Large if you go for a sweatshirt. I don't wear many tops that I would consider "blouses."
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Anything but floral.
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Yes.
the fuzzy ones are great. I am not young enough anymore to wear the trendy tall ones.

What is your shoe/sock size? 7

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) I have one dog (a 35 pound cocker spaniel) and 6 cats.
Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! My dog can't have any treats at all. He is allergic to wheat and corn and many other things. My cats love all treats and toys!
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? See above
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Nope.

Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? Momma and Percy only. They wear the break-away collars and it has to be a pretty hard to "break" collar for Momma. She likes to lose them often.

Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? They have only tried the catnip and they LOVE them! I am open to trying the other types though!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Sushi, Steak, Pies, Cheesecakes
Favorite types of chocolate? Any... no really... I am not picky about my chocolate
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? LOVE them all! Mostly flavored coffees though, or creamers
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Very much so!
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? It depends on my mood! I really like choc. covered espresso beans, and all sorts of candies, and chocolates. As for salty I like peanuts some times, and soft pretzels
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Hmm... sure!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Sugar, chocolate chip, peanut butter, butter... pretty much any
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? NO COCONUT! ICK!
Do you like to cook and/or bake? LOVE to!
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I do, but I dont have any specific ones I want right now.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Fruity, flowery, and clean smells. No cinnamon.
Do you paint your nails? What tones? I have an obsession with nail polish... I have a lot, but would love more! I really want some of the China Glaze OMG collection, mostly the colors FYI, L8R G8R, and TTYL
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Love them both!
What scents do you like best? Flowery, Clean, and fruity smells
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? I love cute clips and head bands
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? LOVE Burberry scents, and almost all of the ones from Victorias Secret

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Turquoise, Coppers, Oranges, and browns
Any colors that you don't like? Not really!
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? I love vibrant and muted and earth tones. No pastels
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? No matter where you are from, I want something unique to your area!
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Cinnamon scents should be avoided please
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 24 almost 25.
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Teas, hot chocolate, and miso soup
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I wouldnt mind some cat stuff, but we really dont decorate with a cat theme.
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Not really!
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I am a card holding member of the dark side!
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Yes!

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? right now... all beige. These are the colors I am trying to get into the house.
Kitchen Greens and yellows think citrus colors.
Living area orange, turquoise and browns
Bathrooms dark turquoise think this color
bedrooms we havent really decided. Right now we have a pale green bed spread, but I would like reds, whites, and blues w/o being patriotic.
what is your decorating style? modernish.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? No floral unless it is a modern style but nothing covered in flowers
Do any of your rooms have special themes? not really
Do you burn candles? LOVE to!
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? We LOVE to decorate for Christmas but ARE NOT religious. We would like things that are just holiday themed.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Yes!
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? Not really, but we do use all white lights
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? LOVE them! No particular colors

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Photography! Cars, baking
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Yes!
Do you collect anything? Penguins
Movies: I love pretty much any movie! minus ones htat are very sci fi
Music: We listen to mainly alternative, pop, and rock.
Books: I love all books that are not religious based, or very sci fi. I love Steven King (need Under The Dome, and any after that), Kathy Reichs, (have hers) and Jefferson Bass (read all of them). But I mostly read on my kindle now!

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? Ipod, but do not listen to it much thanks to pandora
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Love to read! I mostly read on my Kindle, but have no problems at all with used books!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Photography ones, fashion ones
Are you into crafts? What kinds? I am, I am learning embroidery, crochet, and would love to learn to do glass etching.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Yes! gold, stainless, or sterling only.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I Love jewelry! I prefer unique stuff, but not gaudy
What size shirt do you wear? Small in womens, medium in juniors
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? Tshirts and Blouses
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Pretty much any. If its floral I prefer modern ones, not really big on giant flowers
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? YES! I love awesome socks!
What is your shoe/sock size? Size 7 1/2 us

PETS

How many animals do you have? 2 cats, no dogs...yet... I'm trying to get one lolWhat kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! Google: Loves everything... Joey: not a big fan of treats, cannot have anything with strings
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? Nope!
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) ABSOLUTELY NO STRINGS! Joey eats them
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? Yes, safety collars.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs?Joey loves any brush... Google hates them for some reason... I would love to find a brush we can use on him
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? The love catnip, never tried the other two

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? (Chocolate)
Favorite types of chocolate? (Any type)
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? (Hot Chocolate)
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? (No)
Sweet or salty snacks? (Either one) If so, what are your favorites? (Chocolate and Potato Chips)
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? (NO, but I hate anything fishy like Tuna fish)
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? (Yes)
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? (Chocolate chip, Peanut butter)
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? (No, I just hate fishy stuff, Like tuna fish)
Do you like to cook and/or bake? (I would if I had more time)
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? (Not really no
)

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? (Honey Suckle or Vanilla)
Do you paint your nails? (Yes) What tones? (Pink, Red, or Black)
Do you prefer bath or shower products? (Either one is fine
)
What scents do you like best? (Honey Suckle, Vallina, Watermelon, Cherry Blossom)
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? (Not really)
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? (NO!)

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? (Red and Pink)
Any colors that you don't like? (Brown)
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? (Vibrant)
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? (Mine is not overseas)
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? (No, but candles with my Savannah are not safe for my home)
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds (Late twenties/early thirties)
Do you like homemade gifts? (Yes, but I can not make them for someone else)
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? (House)
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? (Not really)
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? (Cat-themed is fine or not, whatever is easier for the other person)
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?( A fruit cake
)
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? (Wait until Christmas)
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? (Sure
)

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? (Depends on the room)
Kitchen (Wallpaper/country)
Living area (Antique)
Bathrooms (Normal?)
bedrooms(Normal?, One is a cat safe room for a Savannah)
what is your decorating style? (Antique)
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? (Solid colours)
Do any of your rooms have special themes? (Does a cat safe room count
?, if not then NO)
Do you burn candles? (NO)
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? (I do but none are religious)
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? (YES!)
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? (Pink and black
)
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? (No)

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! (Reading, Walking, Reading)
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? (NO)
Do you collect anything? (Animal care books)
Movies: (Nature shows)
Music: (Pop)
Books: (Animal/Pet/Science)

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? (MP3 Player)
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? (Not as long as they are CLEAN)
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? (Cat Fancy, BirdTalk, Reptiles Magazine)
Are you into crafts? (No) What kinds? (None)

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? (Yes) Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? (No)
Do you like jewelry? (Yes) What kinds? (Any kind)
What size shirt do you wear? (I like everything big so large
)
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? (All are fine
)
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? (Anything but flowers)
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? (I never have but sure)
What is your shoe/sock size? (I use mens socks
, I am a size four in a shoe)

PETS

How many animals do you have (four)? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) (3 domestic cats and Savannah) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! (The Savannah will play with anything and eat anything, and the rest minus Panda eat anything)
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? (NO)
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) (With the domestics NO, The Savannah can only have dog toys)
Do your kitties wear collars? (Two do. Two do not) If so what kind? (Non-braKe away)
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? (Slicker Brush)
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? (All of the above, but mainly Catnip
Please not the parts in parentheses are my answers! If anyone needs clarification please ask.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food?homecooking
Favorite types of chocolate?
yum

Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?I like all 3
Do you like flavored coffee or tea?Yes
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites?I like both
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts?no allergies
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Absolutely
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies?not picky
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?no
Do you like to cook and/or bake?Yes
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? love hometown cookbooks

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? don't like to wear spicy
Do you paint your nails? What tones?no
Do you prefer bath or shower products? love bath products
What scents do you like best? anything except spicy scents
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.?no
What's your favorite perfume or body spray?don't have one

GENERAL

What is your favorite color?Pink also love purples and blues
Any colors that you don't like? orange
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? like all
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?something that is from their area
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?none
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds
shssss 51

Do you like homemade gifts?love homemade gifts
Do you live in a house or an apartment??house
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy?nothing comes to mind
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts?no
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?no
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas?

Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils?yes

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?a work in progress. mostly beige, some brown and some blue
Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
what is your decorating style?casual
Do you burn candles?yes
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?doesn't matter
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present?love them
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors?no
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? yes

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!love to do crafts, love to knit
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? yes
Do you collect anything? no
Movies: anything but horror
Music:
Books: love stephen king, I love to read it but can't watch it
, I also like real life stories

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player?no
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?no
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading?
Are you into crafts? What kinds?any crafts

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?yes peirced ears
Do you like jewelry? What kinds?small
What size shirt do you wear?
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses?
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift?yes
What is your shoe/sock size?size 9

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 2 cats, 3 dogs. the kitties love treats and toys.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? no allergies
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)kitties love all toys, Gus really loves balls
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? no collars Gus removes his and Lucky's
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs?I use a slicker brush on the kitties
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysucklelove catnip, they haven't tried the others

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food?love Italian, mexican, seafood...I eat just about anything
Favorite types of chocolate?no real favorites, I like all kinds! I do love Reese's Peanut Butter cups though
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?coffee
Do you like flavored coffee or tea?yes but not a big fan of Hazelnut flavor
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites?Both!
I love chocolate covered nuts and pretzel sticks

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts?nope
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?absolutely!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies?all kinds but I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter cookies
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?nope
Do you like to cook and/or bake?love to do both!
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like?love them! I especially like the kind you get from churches and organizations where people submit their own favorite recipes. They are tried and true and usually are simple enough I can make them. I said I liked cooking, I never said I was GOOD at it!

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions?vanilla or coconut are my favorites but I use just about anything
Do you paint your nails? What tones?nope
Do you prefer bath or shower products?shower
What scents do you like best?pretty much anything
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.?scrunchies
What's your favorite perfume or body spray?don't really use any

GENERAL

What is your favorite color?royal blue or dark purple
Any colors that you don't like?brown, beige, grey
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones?vibrant jewel tones
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?a shot glass since we collect them, or just something they like from that country
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?nope
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds41
Do you like homemade gifts?love them!
Do you live in a house or an apartment??house
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy?curling up with a warm blanket and a good book
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts?you must be joking!

Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?nothing I can think of
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas?Right away! I'm a definite "darksider"
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils?sure, I'm constantly losing stuff like that and always could use more

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?no color scheme what so ever. We're renting and the house came with an orange/red/yellow pattern in the living room...and our furniture is blue. It gets worse from there. Any color will just blend it with the nightmare!

Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
what is your decorating style?hodge-podge
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?like I said, anything will blend in so no real preference
Do any of your rooms have special themes?LOL, is cat a theme?
Do you burn candles?Yes, I love them!
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?I use both and I love them all.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present?Absolutely!!!!
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors?No, it's pretty much traditional a lot of red and green but I do like blue and silver for decoration inside
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)?YES!! Don't care about the color

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!reading and playing with the cats. I'm pretty boring.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches?no...they make me feel really stupid
Do you collect anything?DH and I collect shot glasses, and I love anything mythological (dragons, fairies, etc)
Movies:depends on my mood, I like anything except war movies.
Music:Classic Rock, some country, some jazz, again it depends on my mood
Books:LOVE paranormal romance (J.R. Ward, Laurell K. Hamilton, Yasimen Gaylord, and so many more), but I will read anything
Do you have an IPod or MP3 player?I have an IPod (thanks to last years SS!

If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?Not at all!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading?not really into magazines
Are you into crafts? What kinds?I wish but I don't have a crafty bone in my body!

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?not allergic to anything but don't really wear earrings. I have pierced ears but haven't worn earrings in over 6 years so they may be closed
Do you like jewelry? What kinds?not really a big jewelry person
What size shirt do you wear?usually a medium, but if it's a t-shirt or sweatshirt I prefer a large or ex-large
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses?t-shirts and sweatshirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?Solid colors
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift?LOVE comfy fuzzy socks!
What is your shoe/sock size?8 1/2

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!The cats like anything when it comes to toys and treats, although Friskies Party Mix is a favorite along with temptations. The only cat that is picky about toys is Monster...she will only play with mylar balls for some reason. The dogs (Snickers, chocolate lab; Skuttels, lab/aussie Shepard mix; Brooke, Samoyeed; and Buttercup, pug will eat anything, although we don't like to give them pigs ears or raw-hides.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided?nope
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)no, they will play with anything!
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind?no
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle?Harley and LittleOne LOVE catnip, the others couldn't care less. I've never tried the other two

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Cheese and chocolate
Favorite types of chocolate? milk
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? hot chocolate
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? no, sorry
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? I like both; I love chocolate, caramel, toffee. Cheese in almost any form; even it it's in squeeze can. Yes, I love Cheeze Whiz.
And Boo Berry Cereal. They don't sell it where I live.

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? No, but I don't eat a lot of nuts.
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Sure, why not?

What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? I love those pretty decorated cookies. I used to love Jack's Christmas cookies, but I think they have stopped selling them anywhere.
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Nope.
Do you like to cook and/or bake? I love to. I cook almost every night. I bake less frequently than I used to.
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I do like cookbooks. I don't have a specific cookbook in mind, but I'd love to learn to make good salsa. I like salsa and dips. I also wouldn't mind an "icebox" dessert type of cookbook Anything easy to make

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Pineapple or honeysuckle
Do you paint your nails? What tones? No, I have short, stubby nails.

Do you prefer bath or shower products? Either. I use a lot of scented shower gels.
What scents do you like best? Pineapple, apple, lemon
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Yes, I pin my hair up at home sometimes with a big barrette.
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? I like Victoria's Secret Pink. I keep a little atomizer of it in my pocketbook.[/i][/i]

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Red. I also like chocolate brown.
Any colors that you don't like? Not really.
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? I like vibrant colors, but I wear a lot of light colors, too.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Oh, goodness anything from their country would be fine.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? No.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds I will be 46 on October 19th.

Do you like homemade gifts? Love them. I can't make crafts myself, but would be delighted with anything someone made for me.
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? House.
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Books, chocolates, a quilt or blanket
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? Cat themed gifts are great. I'm all about cats.
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Nope.
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I am darksided, but I will wait if my Secret Santa wants me to. Just put a note in my box and let me know...
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Yes, absolutely.

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? Chocolate brown, gold.
Kitchen Brown, neutral.
Living area Brown.
Bathrooms Brown, neutral.
bedrooms Brown, gold, neutral.
what is your decorating style? African animals, mostly.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? I like solids, but am okay with prints, too. Sort of depends on the print.
Do any of your rooms have special themes? My kitchen has a grape/wine theme. I like anything with grapes and wine. (Except for actual wine, I don't drink.)
Do you burn candles? Smokeless candles, if the power goes out.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? I don't put up a tree, but I leave some Christmas decorations out all year long. It doesn't matter what kind.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? I've no tree to hang them on.
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? No. I mix and match.
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Any color is fine.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Truthfully, I like to gamble. I also enjoy cooking and reading.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? No.
Do you collect anything? Not really. But I like things associated with luck.

Movies: I haven't ever seen the movie Wall Street, and I should like to see it.
Music: I like 80s music and classic and alternative rock.
Books: I like cryptozoology. Two books I don't have is There's Something in the Woods by Nick Redfern and Real Monsters by Brad Steiger .

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? No.
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No problem at all. I just went to Goodwill and bought myself a few books.
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Taste of Home or Southern Living. I would also like for my Secret Santa to send me some of those free real estate books from their area. I pick them up when I'm on vacation.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? No, I am not very crafty. I love crafts, just can't make anything myself.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Yes and no.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I wear some sterling silver and like interesting gemstones.
What size shirt do you wear? Large in a t-shirt; medium in any other shirt.
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? I like t-shirts.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid colors.
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Sure.
What is your shoe/sock size? 6 or 6.5.

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! We have three cats of our own and two of our neighbors. Our cats love the turbo scratcher and can always use replacement pads. Speck is obsessed with lights. They also like tuna flavored treats.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? No.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) No.
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? No.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I have a comb for the cats. They don't much like it, though.

Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Speck gets a little rough when he is on the 'nip, but I let him have catnip toys anyway. I have never tried valerian or honeysuckle.

My cats and I are not picky, so no worries and have fun! Thanks!

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? - Italian, Chinese, Japanese.
Favorite types of chocolate? - Milk!
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? - Hot Chocolate

Do you like flavored coffee or tea? - No, I don't like coffee or tea. ;;
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? - BOTH.

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? - Nope!
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? - Sure!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? - Chocolate. Lots of it.

Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? - I don't like raisins.
Do you like to cook and/or bake? - Like to...? Not really. I'm also really bad at it. My Santee will not be getting homemade food.

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? - Not really? I wouldn't complain if I got one though! Japanese cuisine especially.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? - I don't use lotion, actually...
Do you paint your nails? What tones? - Yes, all sorts.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? - Shower- my bathtub isn't in commission.
What scents do you like best? - Floral.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? - No, my hair is super short!
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? - Clinique's Happy in Bloom, Gucci's Envy Me, Bath and Body Works Velvet Tuberose and Magnolia Blossom (discontinued
(((((((( )

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? - Blue
Any colors that you don't like? - Orange
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? - Vibrant!
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? - I am happy with whatever you want to send me.

Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? - Nope.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds - 28!
Do you like homemade gifts? - Yes!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? - House.
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? - Music and books.
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? - No! I love cat-themed everything!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? - No.

Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? - Well, if my Santa puts instructions to wait, then I will wait- otherwise I'll probably open it.
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? - LOVE!

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? - Ugly. I hate them. My office is blue, though.
what is your decorating style? - Modern!
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? - Probably solids.
Do any of your rooms have special themes? - My office is full of anime.

Do you burn candles? - Yep! Love 'em.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? - Yes, and it doesn't matter.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? - Sure!
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? - ALL colors!
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? - Yep! All colors. I'm easy to shop for.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! - Reading! Writing! Jewelry making! ... lots of things, really.

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? - Not patient enough for them, really.
Do you collect anything? - Small ceramic masks.
Movies: Horror
Music: Hard rock (Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, Evans Blue, Red, Nickelback, etc)
Books: Fantasy

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? iPod

If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? - No, I love all books!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? - I don't really read them...
Are you into crafts? What kinds? - Sure, I make jewelry and hats and things!

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? - Yes, two holes and each ear, and yes, I am allergic to nickel.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? - ALL KINDS.

What size shirt do you wear? - Medium
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? - I love hoodies. Love 'em. I like big hoodies too, so a large would be good!
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? - Solids.
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? - I love socks!!
What is your shoe/sock size? - 10

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! - I have Peanut of course, my handsome boy
and then my dog, Sylvie, is a two year old Australian shepherd mix. She loves rope toys.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? - Nope!
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) - Nope.
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? - He would eat my face if I tried to put one on him.
He's microchipped.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? - I have a de-shedding tool for Peanut. Sylvie puts up the biggest fuss, you'd think I was killing her- so I don't brush her unless she REALLY needs it.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? - Yes! He loves catnip.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Tex-Mex Italian
Favorite types of chocolate? Milk or Dark
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? All three
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Only Earl Grey tea
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Chocolate and any kind of nuts
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? No
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Sugar or Chocolate Chip
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Not a big fan of raisins
Do you like to cook and/or bake? Yes
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I get most of my recipes off the internet now

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Fresh or citrus
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Not very often
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Shower
What scents do you like best? Fresh or citrus
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? No
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? same as lotions

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Blue
Any colors that you don't like? Not fond of bright neon colors
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Not real fond of most pastels
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Anything distinctly from their country
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? No
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 55
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? Apartment
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Warm blanket and a good book
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I like anything cat-themed, working on becoming the crazy old cat lady.
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? No
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Probably won't be able to wait until Christmas
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Yes

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? White walls with earthtones and neutrals.
Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
what is your decorating style? More traditional
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solids
Do any of your rooms have special themes? No
Do you burn candles? I have them around the living room but I hardly ever burn them
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? I usually just put a wreath on the door
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Not particularly
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? No
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yes I really like earthtones mixed with burnt orange or rust but any color is fine

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Really none but reading
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? I try to do them but I usually end up getting frustrating and quitting
Do you collect anything? No
Movies: Anything but horror
Music: Anything but opera or rap
Books: Anything but a really sappy romance where everything ends up right in the end, guess I'm too jaded for that

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? No
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I usually don't read magazines
Are you into crafts? What kinds? No

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Yes and no allergies
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? small classic types of necklaces and earrings
What size shirt do you wear? x-large
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? x-large
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? solids
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? yes
What is your shoe/sock size? shoe 11 and 9/10 for socks

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! two cats They have never really been interested in treats. Any toy with catnip and the balls with little bells in them
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? No
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) No
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? a slicker
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? They love catnip haven't tried the others

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Are their foods besides chocolate?
Favorite types of chocolate? DARK!!! Some nuts are ok, toffee, no coconut or fruity candy.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Don't like coffee or tea at all
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Both. Dark Chocolate, Twizzlers, Chewy SweetTarts, Pringles, Candied Pecans
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? If they look tasty!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Those peanut butter cookies with the dark chocolate hershey's kiss in the middle!
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Hate coconut and raisins
Do you like to cook and/or bake? When I'm not being lazy, I like to bake
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? Sure, nothing in particular really. Italian maybe? or cookies/cakes?

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? It WAS Bath & Body "Butterfly Flower" which they recently discontinued so I don't know when I will find another shower gel that doesn't set off my allergies, or just plain stink

Do you paint your nails? What tones? Not really. Occasionally I get acrylics, otherwise I just keep them super short.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? I only have a shower.
What scents do you like best? Honeysuckle, peach, melon and citrus
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Scrunchies and barrettes for work
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Might try Bath&Body SweetPea spray, but didn't care for the shower gel.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Don't really have a favorite, but I enjoy darker jewel tone colors over bright.
Any colors that you don't like? Don't much care for yellow, orange, lime green
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? vibrant and muted
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Anything local! Local chocolate
Something their place is known for?

Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Nothing floral or ummm.. tree smelling, lol, like pine and nothing that smells like laundry soap!
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 40
Do you like homemade gifts? Love them!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? Duplex, not really any yard though.
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Dark chocolate, fluffy blanket, good book
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I LOVE cat themed gifts!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? A live Llama, lol
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I'm a darksider who tries to be good until I can't stand it anymore
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Always!

DECORATING
Kitchen Burgundy, grey, brown
Living area dark chocolate brown, beige and a dark muted teal
Bathrooms one is navy blue with lighter blue accent, the other is royal purple with man clutter accents, lol. i gave up on decorating that one!
bedrooms blue, from navy, royal, to pale blue/silver
what is your decorating style? bit of this n that, lol
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? tough question, really just depends on what it is
Do any of your rooms have special themes? Pretty much have snuck cat themes into every room, lol. have framed prints of victorian cat paintings, try to keep it non-cartooney/cutesy, but have various cat figures on top of kitchen cabinets and those range from classy to cutesy
Do you burn candles? no, they aggrivate Riley's asthma
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Yes, generally no religious tones
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Love them! Especially cat ornaments
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? Nope, I like my christmas gaudy and bright
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)?
Love them. Something with browns and muted teal would be awesome
HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! reading mostly
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? nope
Do you collect anything? Wile E Coyote, tiny cat figurines for a shadow box on the wall
Movies: really don't watch much
Music: I never left the 80's and 90's lol
Books: Urban Fantasy, paranormal romance

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? Nope
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? I buy them all the time!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Only read them at the doc office
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Just not a talented crafty person. Always willing to try something new though

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? yes but don't really wear earrings
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? Don't really have a style. Nothing too big or clunky
What size shirt do you wear? Large
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? t-shirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? no horizontal stripes, lol
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? sure

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! I have 2 boys Riley and Xander. Riley loves Da Bird, Auntie Em catnip toys, used to love that catnip banana but chewed his up a long time ago. And springs! Xander also likes Da Bird, catnip toys, as well as jingly balls and furry mousies
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? nope
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) none I can think of
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? yes, Beastie Bands
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? Pretty much every can you can get, lol
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Yes, I don't know, I don't know

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay, so happy for 2011 SS!!! Let the fun and stalking begin!!!

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? I like sweet things, salty things, and fresh from the garden things, and homemade things! (ok, everything!)
Favorite types of chocolate? Dark chocolate is def. my favorite, though I do like white chocolate with peppermint.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? I love Jasmine tea and hot cocoa!!! I don't like any other tea or coffee at all!
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? BOTH!!! I'm not too picky, I like most nuts, I like most sweets and will try anything once.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? Nope, no food allergies
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? I have and I will!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? I like any actually. Chocolate Chip are DH's fave, I like chunky one's I guess, like monster or oatmeal choc chip etc I like trying new kinds that I've never had before.
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? not that I can think of
Do you like to cook and/or bake? I do, and I have been doing it a lot more since we've had the bigger garden this year! Very rewarding to make something with something you grew!
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? Yeah I do like them. I like one's that are easy or use simple ingredients.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? I'm not much into lotions, they tend to feel too greasy, I like moo cream (utterly smooth)
Do you paint your nails? What tones? I actually don't very often at all, but when I do, it's normally during the summer and peachy summer colors on my toes with sandles
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Yes, I love bath salts & bubble bath
What scents do you like best? I like natural scents, like pine, strawberry, cinnamon, etc. I really dislike vanilla.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? I use the long hair clips (claw like)
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? I don't wear a lot of perfume but I've been using some from bath and body works. Very light scent.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? GREEN!!!!!!!!!
Any colors that you don't like? I like most any color
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? I like all, vibrant for some, pastels for others and earth tones for other needs!
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Something of historical or cultural importance or that tells me about their area. You know? Actually the same goes for people in the US as well. Hubby is really into history and how things make your area unique which has kinda passed on to me from hearing about all he knows.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Really dislike vanilla!
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds Just turned 33
Do you like homemade gifts? Yuppers I like anything that has thought to it. I guess it makes me feel special!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? House YAY!!!
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? I like cozy, soft, fuzzy, peaceful, pampering type stuff. I also like coloring, reading, crafting, baking. All of those things comfort me.
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I like cat themed stuff, and still have two spaces left in my shadow box of the teeny tiny spot. About a 1 inch by 1 inch size.
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? A life size llama made only from spare cat fur!
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Depends on when it arrives. If it's close to Christmas I've been a much better girl and it gets opened on Christmas Eve!

Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Immensly! I love funky crazy pens or markers that write crazy colors, are metallic, gel, embossing, add texture, sparkles, glitter, anything!!!

DECORATING
Kitchen - Black and White with dark brown table and chairs with other dark wood accents
Living area - Tan walls, Dark Brown furniture and Dark Brown (Dark Tobacco) tables
Bathroom - Deep sage green with pastel greens
bedrooms One is dark green, other two are white
what is your decorating style? I don't really have a style per say. But I like clean lines without being so (whats the word - like you are in a hospital waiting room!)
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Pretty solid I guess... though I'm not picky
Do any of your rooms have special themes? Not style wise though DH has a "man cave".
Do you burn candles? No, I don't know if I trust Kitters, but I do have a few smelly ones that we open for scent
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Yes, I don't do religious types though.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? I don't mind them, though the tree is rather full, but you can always find room for more I guess
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? No
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yuppers! I have gotten two from previous years SS's and they are used atleast 9 months out of the year in the living room!! I like anything!

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! I have been doing photography as a paid profession as well as always still a hobby. I am always on the lookout for props or light reflector discs or anything else to help with that aspect. I like tons of crafts, pictures, scrapbook stuff, stickers, markers, stamps, all of that jazz.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? I like word searches, easy sudoku, and puzzles
Do you collect anything? Kitty stuff of course!
Movies: Comedies, Dramas, Historical, all! (though we own most everything!)
Music: Everything, mostly alternative
Books: True crime, medical mysteries (like Sindey Sheldon and Patricia Cornwell) I have all of Sidney Sheldons, except his very last book that was released after his death
Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? Yup
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Not at all! As long as it doesn't smell musty or like smoke
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I have a subscription to Cosmopolitan, and I like reading cat fancy, diet and nutrition, crafts, and most any of the tattoo magazines (Inked, Taboo Tattoo etc.)
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Most all of them, stated above

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Ears are pierced twice in both. I use sterling silver and body piercing jewelry mostly. Others tend to irritate me.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I wear my wedding rings and a birthstone ring 24/7.
What size shirt do you wear? 2X
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? Ladies cut non-fitted v or scoop neck shirts that feel like t-shirts. I'm slightly ( ) chesty and high necks give me a sort of uniboob look
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid or with simplistic prints.
What is your shoe/sock size? I wear ladies size 9 shoes

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! Kitters is our only baby! She just turned 11. Her favorite color is purple. She loves balls (fave balls are fuzzy, pom pom or rope), she loves mice, and wand toys. She loves BOXES!! She likes Feline greenies and actually most any treats now! She also loves broccoli and rose petals. She also has stuffed animals that she carrys around all the time. Right now it's a certain little pink lamb she got from last years SS! (she swapped it out with the first one Kim sent her 4 years ago!)
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? No
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Nope
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? She doesn't wear one
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? She has the PetZoom self cleaning brushes right now and she loves it and I love the clean up with it!
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? She likes catnip, we have not tried either of the others

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? the only things I don't like on earth are watermelon and celery
Favorite types of chocolate? I love milk chocolate covered crunchy things, like pretzels and nuts. I also love fruity chewy candies like starburst, jellybeans, sour patch kids
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? all of 'em!
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? not big on flavored coffee, but I do like chai, oolong, earl grey and other spicy teas, no fruit ones

Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? both!
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? nope
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? sure would!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? chocolate chip, white chocolate macadamia nut, snickerdoodles
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?
celery sticks

Do you like to cook and/or bake?I do, but I don't really do either

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I already have a ton gathering dust on my shelf

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? no lotions please
Do you paint your nails? What tones?no I don't, but I do have fairly long nails so cute nail files would be fun!
Do you prefer bath or shower products? no no no, please no! I have a bit of a problem of buying more than I could ever use

What scents do you like best? see above
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? I like the colored ouchless hair ties and I also like those thin plastic handbands
What's your favorite perfume or body spray?I don't really wear perfume and I have a body spray for every lotion and shower gel I buy

GENERAL

What is your favorite color?I love pastels, spring green is a favorite, but I also like bold colors.
Any colors that you don't like? orange
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? see above
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? no matter where they are from, I like keychains from your area
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?nope, but I really don't like cucumber melon for candles
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 33
Do you like homemade gifts?sure!
Do you live in a house or an apartment??trailer
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy?food

Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts?I love cat things!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?I can't really think of anything besides bath & body stuff
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? most likely right away
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils?I like lined notebooks with cool covers (like a cat!)

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?the color of my cats' fur

Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
I don't really decorate
Do you burn candles?Yes! jar candles would be best so my cats don't light themselves on fire

Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?I usually put up a door hanging type thing, secular
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? I don't put up a tree
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? I really have enough of these

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!watching TV, playing games on facebook
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? yes, but I really don't do them that much
Do you collect anything? no
Movies: action/adventure, especially martial arts films
Music: I listen to pretty much everything except country
Books:
I went a little bonkers over the summer with buying books at garage sales, but there are series I am trying to get all of, like Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta series and Tess Gerritsen's Rizzoli & Isles. I mostly like mystery/thrillers and sometimes a bit of romance is ok too. Ask a snooper if you need to know if i already have a book

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? I do! I would love an iTunes gift card
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?not at all
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I don't really read magazines except in the doctor's office

Are you into crafts? What kinds?I am very un-crafty

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?I have pierced ears but I can only wear solid gold, and that's a little out of the price range
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? can't wear anything but gold
What size shirt do you wear?2X
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses?t-shirts or sweatshirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?solids or a solid with a picture
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift?I LOVE CUTE SOCKS!!!
What is your shoe/sock size?9

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! I have 6 cats right now, they like little mice and catnip filled toys. The only treat the all agree on is Party Mix
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? not for treats
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)nope
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? no
I have lots of different kinds of brushes that I don't use

Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle?they like the 'nip!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
let the fun begin!!!

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Tough one!!! Chocolate..... But I gotta say I lost a lot of weight and have been watching closely what I eat.... so lots of chocolate/cookies would be hard for me...... I guess Nuts, dry fruits, tasty, but healthy yummy things would be a cool compromise? Sorry to be boring... Don't want to gain the 60lbs I lost back!
Favorite types of chocolate? Milk, White, milk with almonds, but see above
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Tea and coffee - strong coffee (hint: I am brazilian
)

Do you like flavored coffee or tea? No for flavored coffee, yes for flavored tea
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? either, as long as they are on the healthier side - think whole grains, dried fruits, nuts, not fried

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? nope
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? would love to... if you know how to make them healthy.... (sorry to be boring
)

What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? hum..... anything with cinnamon!
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? nope!
Do you like to cook and/or bake? nope - I am the microwave queen

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? nope

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? I work for the beauty Industry and have soooooo many products I get for free... Not something I would need, really....
Do you paint your nails? What tones? nope - have tons of polish, use none
Do you prefer bath or shower products? shower
What scents do you like best? neutral, wood tones, fresh - not fruity or sweet - NO vanilla!!

Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? I am open to barrettes, the rest gives me a headache
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? First, Chloe

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Red
Any colors that you don't like? neon, purple, lemon, orange,or anything too bright
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? muted/earthy unless it is red - if for the house, I prefer a muted red (I have lots of red around the house)
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Oh, it would be awesome to have something typical of their home country!! I always get a special souvenir of places I go, and cherish having them in the house.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Not due to allergies, but anything too sweet or powerful will give me a migraine. I know it is a holiday, but Holiday-ish scents are the worst for me - the cinnamon, pumpkin scents just give me a huge headache. Candles for me need to be more on the earthy, fresh, natural scented range - nothing too strong/overwhelming.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 37
Do you like homemade gifts? sure!!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? apartment
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? pillows, blankets, socks, pajamas....
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? Cat-themed is alright!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? No cat treats, nothing too fattening (would love it, don't take me wrong, but I would feel bad afterwards.... )
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? hehe - dot a doubt I am a darksider!

Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? I prize my notepads verymuch, and always need a good one for my trips - to take notes during my meetings - yes! Love a good pen as well!!

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? white walls, lots of red and green accents wooden furniture
Kitchen white, red appliances, and accents, except for fridge and stove
Living area Lots of red and green
Bathrooms some red, blue, green....
bedrooms wood, wood, and more wood
what is your decorating style? Antique/vintage/eclectic. There is only one piece of furniture in my house that was bought new - the rest, probably the newest one is from the 50's the the oldest from 1890s or so.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solids, then stripes - no floral.
Do any of your rooms have special themes? no themes - the cats and I are it
Do you burn candles? sometimes - I do like them a lot, but the kitties make me a little afraid of them
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? no, never did here - not for any particular reason.... just don't have any x-mas decoration at home.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Don't have a tree or anything to put in it.....
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? nope, while I would love to celebrate Christmas, I don't have a family here to celebrate with, so there is no point for me in doing so.....
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Sure! Red, Browns

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Cats
, reading, traveling (not a hobby, really, but sure
), yeah - I am boring

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? nope - never understood sudoku, and English is my second language/culture........ so.... Crosswords is awful for me!
Do you collect anything? souvenirs from the new places I go
Movies: depends on my mood - anything really, but horror
Music: not country, not hiphop, not rap - yes for classic rock, yes for 70's, yes for 80's, yes again for classic rock!!

Books: not anything religious, not anything Republican/conservative (sorry.... but I won't read it......) The rest is game!

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? Yep!
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? nope!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Well, it depends on my mood, I like reading them all, actually.... I guess not men's fitness.... But the rest I like it

Are you into crafts? What kinds? Nope

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Yes and yes - unfortunately I can only wear Gold and Silver.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? Sure - love all types, more necklaces as I can wear with different shirts and such
What size shirt do you wear? M
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? Any -
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? It really depends... I like solids, but I like shirts with details too - it can have a large print on the front, embroidery on the neckline.... I am much more fun with clothes then with house stuff. Specially because a Colored/funky shirt can add some spike to a boring suit, for example, or to a simple pair of jeans - I do a lot of that.
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Absolutely!!

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 4 cats. Bugsy is lazy - he sleeps. He sleeps and sleeps some more - he loves Da Bird though.... You will see an 18 lb cat almost doing a back flip with that toy! He loooooves catnip and his catnip banana is his most prized possession!
Lucky is my princess, and also the alpha of the house. She loves to play fetch, and is the only thing that turns her on, really. Could care less about catnip.
Hope is my little sweet ex-feral. Goes NUTS with Da Bird. Best friends with Lucky, and a firecracker! She is always up and running that one! Tons of energy! Also likes catnip.
Gracie..... Gracie is my little old lady. She is 13, loves, loves the laser light. Doesn't really know what catnip is - she thinks it is food and just licks and licks the toys
Somewhere in her life she forgot how to be a cat
She "talks" like a person, grooms herself just enough to have hairballs but not effectively
All kitties are long -LONG- haired

Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? There is only one rule in the house: NO treats....... except: Gracie does eat hairball treats everyday and takes her thyroid medicine inside Whisker Lickn's treats (soft). Aside from her, those treats, no treats allowed as Hope and Bugsy can't and the I am not going to give Lucky treats in front of the other 2 (Gracie lives separated).
Food - they all have specific needs, aside from Gracie, who can eat whatever wet food.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) nope.
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? nope
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I have them all,but can always use wire combs

Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? 2 of them like catnip, never tried the others.........