Sebastian - Chantilly / Tiffany Cat?

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't normally post in this forum, but a similar title of another thread caught my attention. I was going to respond in that thread, but thought it wouldn't be nice to hijack the thread that is supposed to be about someone else's cat. 

renstwin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just dropped in to say I think he's lovely! He looks so soft and I love his big bunny back feet! His coat looks brown underneath, he's very beautiful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just dropped in to say I think he's lovely! He looks so soft and I love his big bunny back feet! His coat looks brown underneath, he's very beautiful!
Thank you! He is very soft. 

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh wow Sebastian is gorgeous :D

Do you know anything about his parents ? Or was he a stray / rescue ?

It's possible he could be a Chantilly / Tiffany even though they are very rare. Very occasionally one does end up as a stray and in rescue. So there is a chance he could be or he could be just a very good look a like ;)

He's a beautiful boy either way :heart4:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow Sebastian is gorgeous

Do you know anything about his parents ? Or was he a stray / rescue ?

It's possible he could be a Chantilly / Tiffany even though they are very rare. Very occasionally one does end up as a stray and in rescue. So there is a chance he could be or he could be just a very good look a like

He's a beautiful boy either way
Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't know anything about his history. I adopted him from the shelter as a senior in 2010 along with his housemate, Caesar.

My boyfriend and I always thought he was very unique, so I did a little searching on cat breeds (not my forte, by the way). I was shocked at how similar he looked to a Chantilly/Tiffany. 

Thanks for responding. 

Coocooforkokopuff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_0919.JPG
My cat look so identical to yours and is also a shelter cat! I agree, looks just like a chantilly But supposedly they are extremely rare in occurrence? Not sure what breed we have ‍♀♀

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Having adopted him as a senior from a shelter does actually give him chances to be a purebreed. I can't believe how many pedigreed cats end up in shelters here in Spain as a result of the global economic crisis we have been going through. I have even seen bengals of show quality. So, yes, It is possible that their former owners could no longer guarantee his wellbeing and preferred leaving him in a shelter where he could be adopted (such a beautiful cat has more chances of finding a new home than the average shelter's cat).
Coocooforkokopuff Coocooforkokopuff your cat is lovely, but is different from the one we are talking about here because, as far as I can see in your picture, It lacks the burmese point coloration which is characteristic to Chantillys.