Searching for Siamese Breeder (Canada)

carriej

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

I recently lost my 6 year old male blue point  Siamese (in display picture). He was my heart cat, and I am going to miss him for the rest of my life :( He made me fall in love with the breed, and I've always said I don't think I would ever be without a Siamese. I adore the breed, their loudness, their demands, and their snuggles.

I am in New Brunswick, Canada and I can't seem to be able to find an breeder, I have gotten in contact with several all over the country but either they don't have any kittens planned or are no longer breeding Siamese. I am searching for a Modern-style Siamese, preferably male. I also enjoy the lighter coat varieties, blues or chocolates, would also go for a seal that had the brighter coat variation. I find some Siamese are very dark all over, and I would just like a lighter one. Then again, at this point I am beginning to get a bit disheartened and I am not going to be fussy.

Does anyone know of any breeders? I have patrolled google for weeks now, and while only a small few have written me back, none have actually had any kittens recently and are not sure when they will have a new litter. Preferably Eastern or Atlantic Canada based, but honestly, I am more concerned about adopting a quality kitten. 

Last edited by a moderator:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately I think this is the norm if someone is looking for a kitten from a responsible breeder.  Responsible hobby breeders breed a small number of kittens each year.  Most of them also show their cats so their top quality kittens aren't sold as pets, they either keep  them or they go to other breeders and they get kittens from other breeders.  That 'trading' helps both breeders to widen their gene pools and avoiding issues with inbreeding.  You may have to get on breeders waiting lists and wait until your name gets to the top of the list..

One thing I think you should be sure of, make sure you aren't looking for a replacement for the kitty that you just lost.  All kitties, even those within the same breed, are different,  It isn't fair to the new kitten to look for him to replace the dear kitty that you lost..  He will have his own personality..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carriej

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

Oh of course, I totally understand. This kitty definitely won't be a replacement. While there are certain traits I hope to see in a Siamese (talkative, social) I have no doubt in my mind they will be 100% different than Petri was, as each and every cat is unique. I also have greyhounds, and while I have had 3 greyhounds in my lifetime, while all the same breed, each has been totally unique. I will probably always own greyhounds, because they have traits that I enjoy, the same goes for Siamese. While it is a breed I love, I know that each and every kitty is unique.

A lot of them didn't seem to have open waiting lists either, but right now my goal is just to locate a breeder, ideally for a fall 2015 kitten.

carriej

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The two kitties I have here at home are shelter cats, and my Siamese Petri was a rescue cat. My other cats are a 9 year old orange tabby named Prince, and an 8 year old grey and white boy named Pickle. My greyhounds have all came from Greyhound rescues, and that generally is the direction I turn (rescues, strays). I just would really like to adopt a quality Siamese kitten from a breeder this time around.

My decision is pretty firm that I would like to adopt a well bred Siamese from an ethical breeder.

carriej

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried to edit but I couldn't, just want to update that I have found a wonderful breeder on my side of the country, and should have him here by the end of July if all goes according to plan... Thanks for those that offered advice :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I tried to edit but I couldn't, just want to update that I have found a wonderful breeder on my side of the country, and should have him here by the end of July if all goes according to plan... Thanks for those that offered advice :)
I wish you and your new kitten good luck,     I think you do have a good attitude.    Very sympathetic, if nothing else.   :)

And also, a continued good luck to your contemporary residents!