Feedback Searching A Member's Content For Their First Post...

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!

On the old platform, one could easily locate another member's first post at TCS by going to their content and having a button to click within their posts/messages area that would take you to their first post. I think this button link was at the base of the page? Sometimes I like to see what brought a poster here to TCS to see if we share similar interests, and so I enjoyed reading their first posts here to see how they got started as a member.

I looked within my own content to see if I could go back to my own first post(s), 1800+ comments ago, and this turned out to be a long endeavor if I used what I used to use on the old site, which was the Page navigation at the base of the page.

** I do want to make the point that I already know that one can use the Search feature, look at the Join Date of the member, and then, under Advanced Search, input the member name with parameters of the join date, and find the comments -- it's just that this other way was one I used a lot on the other site, feels convenient to use, and since you have the Page navigation at the base of the page, I wanted to bring up this potential issue, if you wanted to have this feature again... and even if I use the Search/ Join Date thing, I have to click the back --or forward-- arrow on the little pop-up calendar to finally reach the necessary year and month. That can take a while for posters who have been here literally years!​

The page navigation at the base of my own Content page has 10 page links at a time, then a Next button, but also just above that, you can see a small "Find older messages" link to click on, to load in 10 more pages.
postSearch-1thru10PG.png

postsSearch.png

I am wondering if a "First Post" link can be put in here, to take you immediately to the first post of a member?? Instead what I had to do to find my first post here (if I didn't want to use the above** option) was to repeatedly hit the Next button, load in 10 more page links, go to the 10th page, hit the "Find older messages" link again, and repeat. Each set of ten pages seems to have about 180-190 results or so? So it took me a while to get back to my 1st post 1800+ messages ago.

Low or no priority! (Since there is still a way to find early posts...)
Hope you don't mind my asking about this! It was really quick to find a first post on the old site.
:hyper: