desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sorry to make a new thread..

but..

SHE'S BIRTHING!!!

*screams and runs in circles*

I was sleeping, idk when it started, but she has 3 kittens right now.

Two of them are attached to a placenta outside her body, one of them is attached INSIDE her body. IS THIS OK???

she's bloody too is that ok???

THEY'RE SQUEAKING!!!! THEY'RE SO CUTE.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok now there are 3 placentas. but she isn't eating them or detaching them. she's letting me touch her and the kittens. she's purring and looking at me with this expression "I have babies."

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Squeeee!!!
Ok, calm yourself, let Momma cat do her thing and back yourself off a bit unless you see an obvious problem.
Blood and fluids are normal, birth aint pretty, lol.
Let Mom cat be Mom, and step away, to the camera and take pics! NO FLASH!

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
one of them looks like he has extra toes!! The daddy is polydactyl.

I'm trying to take pics but it's hard cause it's so dark.

it's neat cause the dad is sitting at the edge watching and meatloaf seems ok with it. I am making sure he doesnt harass though. lol he's just looking at me with this expression "Oh crap, did I do that?"

Meatloaf is sitting on her butt with her legs wide open and the kittens are between her legs ravaging titties lol. I tried to shift her into a more comfortable position but she won't have it.

When will she detach the cords??

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well I waited for about an hour and she showed no interest in detaching the cords or eating the placentas, so I tied them off with dental floss and cut them myself then disposed of the placentas. kittens seem ok. I think she only had 3 in there.

they're precious.

I had to hold them as I was snipping, and definitely got a sense of their personalities. the black/gray one hissed adorably but didn't make a peep while snipping, the light cream/white one squealed once or twice, and the dark cream/brown one screamed constantly. I thought I was hurting it, but as soon as I put it down, it stopped. so I picked it up again, and yep, more screams. So I snipped it real quick then put him back. I changed the bedding to include a plush blanket and I closed the closet except for a tiny crack for her to get through.

I let Blackie (the dad) sniff the kittens and he acted terrified of them because they were squealing. Now she is grooming them.

The little black/gray one does indeed have an extra toe on its front feet

The other 2 don't however.

I can't tell their genders, all 3 of them look like boys to me. they have a little saggy glob of skin below their butts.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, congrats!!

Yes, cutting the cords is definatly the best thing to do if she won't do it

Three is a good sized litter, and it sounds like everyones healthy
It's generally a good thing when they squeal when picked up, it shows that their lungs are clear, and that they're good and heathy. It sounds like Meatloaf's a great mom!

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks everyone!!!

I went back to sleep and just woke up about an hour ago, everyone is doing good. I gave Loaf some food and water and the kittens are eating her nipples.

It is precious because while I was petting her and the kittens, the kittens were kneading her and she was kneading the blankets hehe it was so cute.

she is constantly purring and has a look on her face I've never seen before. She's officially an adult now.. sniffle.

My little brother wants the gray one with extra toes, so as soon as it is weaned and fixed it will be going home with my brother.

I know it will be safe cause my 13 year old cat lives with him too.

excitement excitement!!!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your newest additions! Yes, babies can bring all the joy in the world! Momma cats just have this content look in their eyes, actually loving the fact that the babies are nursing and she is their provider. I find this especially sweet when it's a first time mom, which 3 of my cats are or were until a couple weeks ago. I get the "grandma" feelings of pride when I see how well mom is taking on her new role. No, I'm not a grandma but I would imagine that's how I'd feel.

We do need pics

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is difficult to take pictures, but I did take videos!!!! I am uploading the videos now.

2 cream cats, the one I'm holding is the quiet one.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Babies!

You might want to cover the plush blanket with a sheet or pillowcase so their tiny little claws don't get stuck in the blanket. I did exactly the same thing when Goldy had her kittens thinking it would make them more comfortable. Unfortunately, they can't retract their claws and if they get stuck crawling around they can't get themselves loose to get back to momma to eat.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Itty bitty kitty feeties!

I have a total kitten feet fetish, not in a bad way, lol.
Awaiting the vids, and yay for you and the Loaf, and Daddy cat, good job all!
But please do alter them once this is over with, tis the season for many kittens, not all can find homes.

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a kitty feet fetish too! I love kitty feet!
The gray one is so cute, it has extra toes on all feet. I was holding it trying to take a picture of the feet and he PEED ON ME!!!! lol!!!! I was like ew gross. As soon as I put him down Meatloaf licked his little butt. I think that one is a boy. I dunno. I think they're all boys!! @.@

And no worries, I called the vet this morning and made an appointment for each of them. They will all get fixed in about 12 weeks

desirai

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is a short video of the more quieter cream kitten. As you can see in the background Meatloaf started to panic so that is when I put the kitten back.