Scratching

HannahCat13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 problems.
1- she scratches my carpet. I have gotten her a door hanger scratch post that has cat-nip, but she doesn't pay attention to it. She could honestly care less. I am just a teenager and I do not have a job, so i can't just go buy something like a cat pad to cover my carpet near my door. My dad is furious that my cat has caused so much damage. She has ripped it all down to wood and it looks awful.
I am gone at school almost all day, so i can not spend a whole lot of time with her. We play sometimes but when it's time for me to go to bed something else occurs which leads me into problem 2.
2- She scratches my feet while i sleep. I move alot in my sleep. And she sleeps at the foot of my bed with me. She scratches my feet through the blanket t night, i wake up with bloody feet that are now constantly in pain. They are covered in scratches and bites. I do not know what to do. She cots me so much damage and pain I don't know what to do.
I refuse to get rid of my new best friend- Penny. I love this cat and i take care of her. I just need some help. She is just a kitten, and she just wants to play but i can not always give her what she wants. She bites wires, something that could kill her. But i have no way of stopping it. Please help.

-Hannah

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Trim her nail. Keeping her claws short should limit the damage she can do to you and the carpet.
Hyper praise and treats her when she uses the scratching post.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site Hannah.

There are some really good articles on this website about cat behavior including scratching. You can click or touch the article titles to take you to the article.

How To Stop Your Cat From Scratching The Furniture

How To Deal With Cat "love Bites"?

How To Stop Playtime Aggression In Cats

Cats And Discipline Don't Mix

I would recommend you look through the articles while you wait for someone to respond to your post. You could post some photos of the kitten to this thread you started to try and draw more attention to it. Or you may want to re-post your problem with a more detailed title like "Need help to get cat to stop scratching the rug and feet."

Wish I could offer you more advice but I don't have your problem so I lack the experience to help you. I hope you get this resolved sooner than later as I can't say I fault your father for being upset. Poor little kitten doesn't know any better so not like she is purposely trying to upset your father.