Scratching a $2000 TV!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oscar has just recently started to scratch our 55" $2000 TV and NOT making us happy! He never scratches anything besides his scratch board and never has. Waht can I do to deter him away from the TV before Trav loses it? It is an expensive tv and he scratches the speakers

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had good luck with double sided tape. I bought a new couch, and a cat I had staying with us liked scratching it. I put strips of double sided tape across the areas she used (not a solid mass of tape, but strips at intervals across it), and that seemed to work. It also came off the couch with no marks.

I also use the spray that is supposed to deter them. I figured, once the cat uses anything as a scratching post, they will go back to refresh the scent, so you need to get rid of that as well as redirect the behaviour. I spray the deterrent, and I also use the enzyme spray that I bought for the spots where Sam had "accidents" on the carpet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But would that spray work on TV speakers without ruining them? And he has a scratching board that he uses all the time.

~love_that_cat~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello there and I am sorry on your problem- i know how you feel- right between two fires!
)))
How about getting couple more scratching posts and putting them right in front of the TV speakers- so they'll block the way for Oscar and distract him from scratching your exp toy?
I've read it here- that this should help- if not, then try soft paws!