Scottish straight developmental questions

MorganinMay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I got this sweet little love bug about six months ago however, we’ve never seen the need to get him fixed as he has papers, never goes out and most importantly no other kitty to tango with. Looking at his peanuts, they look a bit smaller then previous cats I’ve seen… they haven’t changed much since we got him… is this normal for Scottish straights? Am I being paranoid? Do they take longer to shimmy free or are they just naturally small? Thanks I’m advance!

Morgan

He is a year old

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some males are better endowed than others. If you want to post a pic we could weigh in on it, or you could ask the vet the next time you're in, but unless he seems distressed he's most likely within normal parameters.

There are other reasons besides birth control to neuter a male cat. He'll almost certainly start spraying when he matures, and may become sexually frustrated during mating season. Plus an intact tom's urine has a very strong smell, even if he uses the litterbox. I'd recommend having it done before he starts spraying, to keep everyone happy. And doesn't the breeder have a neuter requirement in the contract? Most do.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he wasn’t purchased as a breeding cat he needs to be neutered. It’s rather cruel to leave a cat full of hormones and the instinct to mate with no way of doing so.
many pet owners seem to find it difficult to contain intact cats without them being let out ‘accidentally’ once mature.

It’s perfectly normal for testicles to be all different sized, all our stud boys are different to each other.