Scooting

whaagh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Guys

I need some help/advice.  My kitty is butt scooting on our couches.  I have taken her to the vet to get her anal sacs expressed and I have dewormed multiple times but she continuously does this. To the point where she is leaving stains on the couches.  I have checked her bottom and I cannot see anything out of the ordinary.  We also have 4 other cats in the house and she is the only one doing this,

Any help will be greatly appreciated 

cat-tech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did the vet mention her diet is culprit?  Is she having unusually hard or soft stools/diarrhea?

Did the vet rule out infected anal glands?  Even though he expresses them, does he feel she is prone to infection?

Is she long-haired?

How old is she?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whaagh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The Vet had a good look at her and did ask with regards to her diet, but did not mention anything.  I haven't been able to see her stool as she never really "goes" when i'm around.  She is acting normally other wise, very play full and talkative.  I also changed her dry food to a different brand for a month to check if it makes a difference, there was no change. She is short haired and about 2 years old.  The only times I have ever needed to take her to the vet is for her getting spade and her vaccinations. 

cat-tech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You should try to monitor the litter boxes for her stools.

I'm assuming you allow the cats outdoors since you deworm her (correct me if I'm wrong).  What do you use to deworm her with?  Would you consider keeping her in so you can monitor the boxes?  (and ideally, indoors-only for all of them)

Cats who scoot usually have an issue with constipation or soft stool or diarrhea or anal glands or worms - some type of irritation going on.  Since she's had several anal gland expressions, I'd start there, ruling out infection and/or possible mass (not of the cancerous type but rather more like a cyst or other mass problem that may need to be removed).  It would be difficult to determine much else since you haven't seen her regular/normal stool production.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whaagh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is a very outdoor cat, currently I'm looking after my brothers cat that got bitten by a dog so she isn't  sleeping in my room, as they have never met and she is still a bit skittish about being around the other cat.  I got a deworming pill from my local vet (not to sure of the name).  Once everything goes back to normal I will be able to monitor that.  Thanks for the assistance.