Scoopfree litter pan?

mydaddysjag

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone used the scoopfree brand automatic litter pan?  If so, does it work any better than a littermaid?  We had a littermaid years ago and I feel like we had to replace the unit once a year because the motor would die.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
The reviews on Amazon looks very promising.. 4 stars out of 5.

I am tempted to try this myself

onemeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have just recently settled on a Scoopfree. This thread is over 2weeks, have you bought the SF? My only issue is the poo smell. Standing up, close to SF, I don't smell a thing, but when I squat down to do some cleaning somewhere near SF (I wasn't even cleaning SF), I smelled poo and it was like only 2days worth of poo. That aside, when I lift up the purple cover, the stench was urgh.....I have a bamboo charcoal pad adhered to the purple cover, didn't seem to help much, the stench escaped out the waste compartment and I could even smell it just some 2 feet away from SF. No wonder, my boy had been sniffing around SF, especially the waste compartment.

Oh, well, I read from littercentral forum about changing kitty's diet to wet food to reduce the odor, but my boy has been on wet food all along. I have never had problem with his poo odor cos its removed daily, until now, with it sitting in the waste compartment for 3 days. I can't imagine the reviews saying its completely odorless for a whole week or more, how can it be odorless? Its true the poo had hardened like rock, but there's still smell in the whole compartment and the smell did escape. All you need to do is to get down on your knees, the smell is stronger behind the rack, not so much behind the waste compartment.

If you have bought the SF, mind sharing your experience?

onemeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, I did diy some stuff to help cut down the poo odor from the waste compartment. Tested it, it did work well. You just needed to do up a disposable waste flap with a 400gm cardboard paper, make it 13.5" wide, so the 2 sides of the purple cover has lesser room for odor escaping, it isn't completely sealed though but helps alot.

Will try to upload pictures once I learn how to do it here.