School Time: Can You Identify This Track

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I already know what it is as I saw the animal make it. Do you know what it is? This is way for those who feed ferals, can tell what other animals may visit the food and water bowls if you don't have cams.

Raccoon print.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A skunk? I think. Usually you can see their claws in the dirt or snow but they wouldn't show up in a mud track.

Possums hold their toes out more with their thumbs pointed down, so their tracks look kinda star-shaped, and raccoon tracks look more like little hands.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope it's a raccoon. Possums have not been here for a year and we have no skunks in the area.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was a raccoon's foot when I saw your post this morning. I get raccoons and possums around here. One night I thought I saw a weasel
eating the cats food. It took off so fast I was not sure what it was. Another night I saw flying squirrels soaring down to get sun flower seeds.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One night I thought I saw a weasel
eating the cats food. It took off so fast I was not sure what it was.
Weasels/mink are sneaky. They're everywhere, but you hardly ever see one. They know how to stay hidden.
Another night I saw flying squirrels soaring down to get sun flower seeds.
That's so cool!

I thought it was a raccoon at first, should have stuck with my first guess, lol.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weasels/mink are sneaky. They're everywhere, but you hardly ever see one. They know how to stay hidden.

That's so cool!
I had the back light on and I was inside the house looking out my bedroom window. He must of seen me in the window because he took off like lighting.

The flying squirrels were in a tree in my back yard. I kept seeingsomething fly down to get the seeds. I went to get my flashlight and I saw one clinging to the tree. It was about half the size of a ground squirrel and it's fur was different from a ground squirrel. It was shinny.
It was so cute. I used to see them when I was a kid. I never saw them again after that night. I never saw another weasel either.

I would of loved to of had a camera back in those days to see what was coming up at night to eat the cat food.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't get a lot of wildlife here. There are a few skunks about 5 miles from my home and armadillo have been seen in Missouri. We are getting more and more sightings of black bears. For the most part coyote are staying in the parks. I did see one the other day run off scared when Treasure and Onyx got into a huge fight. The Red fox family and all but that's about it.

The baby raccoons equal 15. Patty and Yoko, Moms, were both up here eating with the babies. I didn't 2 female raccoons got along like that (from reading online). I guess one more mark against the internet.