Scary Story With A Happy Ending!

thecatzmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the rescue kitten I am now fostering. I rescued her a little over two days ago. She was trapped in the engine compartment of my car. She survived in there for gosh knows how long, in the grueling Arizona mid-day heat, after the car had been driven several miles. She was pretty traumatized from everything but she's doing much better now. It's a miracle she survived!

I was fortunate to be stopped at a Petsmart picking up supplies when I heard her howling from the front of car. I popped my hood to look for her and honked, to no avail. She was hiding somewhere behind the engine and near the tire well. Two store employees helped me to eventually coax her out. It took about an hour, a bucket of water & jacking the car up but she finally came flying out, very terrified, as you can imagine. She even bit me, when I finally caught her. When transferring her from one box to a bigger box, she actually escaped again, flying across the parking lot. She was trying to crawl back under another car through the wheel, when I was able to grab her again. Then she pooped on me. :D

I ended up taking her home, since I couldn't find a rescue at that moment with available space. I already have five cats but I set up a spare room for miss kitten for the time being. She's not eating wet food yet but she is taking her bottle like a champ, and drinking water.

I hadn't planned on having a 6th cat, but she's really growing on me. She was really scared at first and hissing at me, but she's doing much better now. She's spent a lot of time on my lap this weekend, mostly sleeping, and is even purring already. I've been told her age is estimated around 6-7 weeks.

But anyway, I just wanted to share her story, since I think it's nothing short of a miracle what she survived. I have no idea where her mother is or even "where" she crawled into my car. I just know she crawled into the "right" car that day and it could have been so much worst!

Looking for name suggestions ... a name that would convey how brave & fearless she is, and a survivor. :lovecat2:

Attachments

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's very cute! She looks about the same size as the abandoned feral who was crawling up in my car Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning (fortunately on my driveway).

I would nickname her "Stinker" for pooping on you. :p

Bless you for taking her in. She is "Lucky" (name suggestion). My little one is going to have to go to the shelter when he's old enough to be neutered and adopted.

Another name suggestion is "Revel". It is a joyous name, but the first syllable could be from a "revving" engine.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great story. She is so cute. I just use real kids names for my fur kids.

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This might be a bit too quirky/odd - but what came straight away into my mind was officially calling her Fortuna after the Roman goddess of luck and fortune - but then you'd have the fun option of calling her little "Tuna" for short... :fish:

Lovely story :lovecat4:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thecatzmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! She's a little doll. Thanks for the ideas! :thanks:

thecatzmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This might be a bit too quirky/odd - but what came straight away into my mind was officially calling her Fortuna after the Roman goddess of luck and fortune - but then you'd have the fun option of calling her little "Tuna" for short... :fish:

Lovely story :lovecat4:
Cute idea. I wonder how it would be pronounced? For-tuna or For-chuna ?

thecatzmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thecatzmeow thecatzmeow , thank you for saving this kitty and glad that she survived the hot ride :wow:

She is such a cutie! :lovecat::lovecat3:

I welcome her to be your 6th cat. Congratulations, she has chosen you :banana1:

I feel like she "chose" me as well ... I'm like the pied piper for homeless cats! :blush: It's been that way since I was a child, and that's tough growing up in a family that didn't like cats. I take care of a momma feral and her three generations of children as well. They've taken residence in my backyard. I'm working on getting them all TNR'd.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like your idea of Piper, that's a cute name. I liked the name Maggie for a kid, so I gave it to my cat instead. I thought my male cat Demi was a girl, but that name worked out okay since it could be short for Demitri.