scared

gemm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello again so my baby little is growing great he's playful and has a lot of energy good appetite I got dewormer but I'm scared to give it to him what if it hurts him I want to take him to get fixed but he's so young could it him can someone give me a reason not be so scared about that I got him took care of him bottle fed him when he was 3 days old
IMG_20221102_235357.jpg

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's beautiful. How old is he? If you think he has worms then as long as you have an age appropriate wormer and you give him the correct dose, he will be fine. As for having him neutered, most vets here in the UK won't do it until the kittens are 6 months old although in other parts of the world they do it when they are younger. Its a straightforward procedure and often the cats act as if they have had nothing done. Speak to your vet, ask all the questions you need to put your mind at rest.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
............... I want to take him to get fixed but he's so young could it him can someone give me a reason not be so scared about that
Here are some articles about neutering and in may be of help to you :- spay and neuter

Last edited:

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aw. He's gorgeous. Worms are not something you want your kitten to have. Best to get a good wormer from your vet as some of the over the counter types are not good. For neutering, 5 to 6 months. Like Verna I'm in the UK too. It didn't put my boys up nor down and as soon as I let Otto out of the cat carrier, he was chasing his ball all over the room. Tigger (the cat in my avatar) went straight to his food bowl looking for food. The incisions are so tiny they don't even need stitching.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's beautiful. How old is he? If you think he has worms then as long as you have an age appropriate wormer and you give him the correct dose, he will be fine. As for having him neutered, most vets here in the UK won't do it until the kittens are 6 months old although in other parts of the world they do it when they are younger. Its a straightforward procedure and often the cats act as if they have had nothing done. Speak to your vet, ask all the questions you need to put your mind at rest.
thankyou so much for your advice, I have a few other cats too but they are much older than my babylittle I got them fixed and dewormed when they were close to 1 year one of them I dewormed before I took him to the vet because I saw the worm in his behind and one deworming pill took the worms away fast my baby little dont have worms tho I was given my babylittle by someone who found him the mother cat could not take care of him he had his umbilical cord so he had to be a few days old I bottle fed him I take care of my baby babylittle and my other babys the best I can a week ago I read somewhere they should be dewormed and fixed under 4 months but I feel advice from this site is more trustworthy then were i read they should be fixed and dewormed under 4 months my babylittle did not have much of his mother milk and I'm not sure if because of that deworming him and getting him fixed under 4 months could harm my youngest baby babylittle ♥

Last edited:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have a vet you can talk to? He/she can recommend a good dewormer for your beautiful little boy that is suitable and safe. He's still small, possibly smaller than normal because he didnt have mum's milk so if your unsure about neutering now, leave it for another couple of months. Both my boys were done at 6 months and were absolutely fine.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here they can neuter them once they are over 2 lbs. Both my guys got neutered under 3 months. I haven't heard through the grapevine at the rescue of any kittens who have not made it through that easily, if the vet wants to wait for whatever reason they will tell you.

Rescues here do not let go of any kittens who are unfixed. Formerly I've heard of 'promise to return' adoptions where you must bring them back to get fixed.

Nobel got fixed years ago at 4 months. This was for financial purposes.

You can call a local rescue as well and ask what vet they use for neutering to see and maybe make an appointment with that vet as they likely have a ton of experience 🐱