Scared Blue.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh poor baby.. It's pretty wild down south. I was just talking to my Brother in Tasmania.
They have thundershirts for cats, as they do for dogs. I've never tried them with any of mine, but even seeing if you can put him in something tight fitting. Probably best to try it when it's not the middle of a thunderstorm initially, so as not to stress him. Holding him as tightly as is comfortable would probably help.
I just checked BOM and it looks like you may have a bit more coming through. :(

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poor baby.. It's pretty wild down south. I was just talking to my Brother in Tasmania.
They have thundershirts for cats, as they do for dogs. I've never tried them with any of mine, but even seeing if you can put him in something tight fitting. Probably best to try it when it's not the middle of a thunderstorm initially, so as not to stress him. Holding him as tightly as is comfortable would probably help.
I bought my mom a Thundershirt for her dog who was terrified of thunderstorms. Worked like a charm. At the first sound of thunder, she would put it on him and he'd be asleep by the time it was really thundering loud.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats don't seem to be bothered by loud noises, but I got a Thundershirt to put on them because they don't like rides in the car. It works well for that, too.

Don't believe all of those YouTube videos with "falling down drunk" cats, either. Mine wobble a bit when the shirt is first put on, but can still function after a minute or two.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had few quite people advise me about a thundershirt so will see if I can get one soon and give it a try.
Last storm I wrapped him up in his blanket and he calmed and settled quite quickly but that was a minor storm compared to last night..it was pretty wild...lightning was so close it "whished" overhead and was pink then enormous cracking sound.
They were saying snow down in Tassie yesterday in summer...I have driven from Hobart to Queenstown in ice and snow in October..that was a fun trip..lol

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't believe all of those YouTube videos with "falling down drunk" cats, either. Mine wobble a bit when the shirt is first put on, but can still function after a minute or two.
He is semi harness trained so used to the first wobbles..think he should accept the jacket reasonably well.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Last storm I wrapped him up in his blanket and he calmed and settled quite quickly but that was a minor storm compared to last night..it was pretty wild...lightning was so close it "whished" overhead and was pink then enormous cracking sound.
They were saying snow down in Tassie yesterday in summer...I have driven from Hobart to Queenstown in ice and snow in October..that was a fun trip..lol
It's just hitting us here now. It's almost black outside at 3pm. My two aren't happy but don't hate it as much as poor Blue.
The neighbours dogs aren't liking it though.
That drive into Queenstown is quite something...

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's just hitting us here now. It's almost black outside at 3pm. My two aren't happy but don't hate it as much as poor Blue.
The neighbours dogs aren't liking it though.
That drive into Queenstown is quite something...
Hope it isn't getting to rough for you, BOM showing a lot of flood warnings for QLD rivers.
I used to spend one week a month in Tassie for my old job and visited all the mines, hydro plants,universities etc. all over the state. Queenstown was a regular stay overnight spot so saw it there in all seasons
Fell in love with the North East corner, would shift there in a heartbeat.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Hope it isn't getting to rough for you, BOM showing a lot of flood warnings for QLD rivers.
I used to spend one week a month in Tassie for my old job and visited all the mines, hydro plants,universities etc. all over the state. Queenstown was a regular stay overnight spot so saw it there in all seasons
Fell in love with the North East corner, would shift there in a heartbeat.
That's my favourite part of Tassie too.. I lived in Bicheno for a while in my youth, and further north (Binalong Bay, Bay of Fires) is something really special. Inland too.
I'm meant to be heading down to Hobart, but with covid, I'm not allowed :(

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm meant to be heading down to Hobart, but with covid, I'm not allowed
Yeah..they still got the travel bans for QLD..not sure whether Victorians allowed down there or not, been so busy last 2 weeks cant keep up.
That must have been a great place to grow up around Bicheno, quite a popular spot to visit now.